It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul sucking enlightened Vampires!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

And how would you prove that you are not one of these 'soul-sucking vampires', starting your own little sect, telling everyone they are blind, and avowing what lies yonder?...and all of a sudden you have become the bringer of foreboding messages!? What gives?

I have enjoyed your various ascerbic comments previously, but lately have noticed a distinct darkness taking hold in you...a more...mmm...'driven' depressive mien...what gives?

A99

What gives is freedom.
Was not jezebella and incarnation of Isis the most evil of all Soul Vampires?

Jeeze. Some people on here actually worship Isis. I don't go around calling your sheep-god a vampire, do I?

And no. No, Jezebel was not an incarnation of Isis.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have noticed this contradiction many a time. Many new age people talk about a balance between light and dark or hate and love or yin and yang but without fail they focus on the light and the love. I don't think I've seen many talk about striving for a balance between the two polarities.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

That is initially what I found intoxicating about the NA movement, all the books on LOVE, although I didn't find it in the members, they seemed distant and self absorbed, it is a me movement all about self and knowing self, in many ways.

However you don't have to be sucked into anything, you still have free will.
edit on 123131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

NA is just an eclectic mixture of many faiths and philosophies, I enjoyed the journey and it was enlightening.

Also some of the best music ever, lol

People are people, frail and imperfect.
edit on 123131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

We're doing our best to solve these problems at the root, so if you have a better idea, share it with us.

His extreme stance against the New Age movement can mean only one thing. He is an apologist for the Old Age movement.

So batten down the hatches, we are in for a storm of Old Age dogma.

edit on 29-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

His extreme stance against the New Age movement can mean only one thing. He is an apologist for the Old Age movement.

Ah...fear-mongering and totalitarianism.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

New Age dogmas are the same as old age dogmas, but thankfully, with none of the power they used to have.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

It's one of those things where the discussion is so stupid that you can't be bothered to point out exactly what is stupid with it. If you have fingers, a computer, and know the English language, then Google it. Do your research. And if you come back with the same opinions, then I'll know you're just being stupid.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Typical overly defensive post about something you don't quite understand, or are willfully ignorant of. Choosing to be stupid is the lowest of all mentalities.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Old Age movement:

New Age movement:

Hey OP, you can do it! Fiber is your friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Typical overly defensive post about something you don't quite understand, or are willfully ignorant of. Choosing to be stupid is the lowest of all mentalities.

Enjoy!

Then let's try the remix. What have you posted to prove the OP's point as detailed in the original post of this thread? What case have you laid before us as incontrovertible evidence that everything you posted in this thread is the absolute truth?

In addition, check the post above mine. I think BlueMule makes a very good point.
edit on 29-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The same amount as you. Or should I scour youtube for some ready-made philosophies you might wish to bite into further?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What makes your point of view better than ours? Remember, this is not a pissing contest. And there's no need to pretend that humans are as smart as they will ever be. We have millions of years ahead of us, so remember that what you know now is nothing compared to what they will know in the future.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Nothing. Only I don't get childishly offended when someone holds a different opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That's ironic. I have a different opinion and you choose to be condescending as though I'm the idiot for seeing the world differently. That's why I'm offended. Because you act like we're all morons for daring to imagine. We're not vampires, we do not "suck souls", and we certainly aren't malevolent. We dream of a future where politics and religion are obsolete. Where every single branch of study corroborates every other branch in a perfect complementary manner. Where no one ever has to be afraid of another person.

And because our dreams for achieving that are less than what you might call "realistic", you choose to degrade our dreams. You spit on it. I don't respect that, and yes, I will be offended by it. Offended because your lack of wings drives you to judge those of us who dream of flying. Be a ball-and-chain if you want, but don't drag us down with you. We are not company for misery. We choose to transcend our suffering. We choose to be different.

If that makes you judge us, then maybe you should examine your own outlook.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's ironic. I have a different opinion and you choose to be condescending as though I'm the idiot for seeing the world differently. That's why I'm offended. Because you act like I'm dirt for daring to imagine.

I don't know you, nor do I care to. You don't seem like an idiot to me, nor did I imply you do. You're not dirt unless you see yourself as so.

I am only of a different opinion. If that frightens you enough to cause you to lash out, you should probably ask yourself why.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Actually, I saw you lashing out first. You posted before I ever addressed you.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And because our dreams for achieving that are less than what you might call "realistic", you choose to degrade our dreams. You spit on it. I don't respect that, and yes, I will be offended by it. Offended because your lack of wings drives you to judge those of us who dream of flying. Be a ball-and-chain if you want, but don't drag us down with you. We are not company for misery. We choose to transcend our suffering. We choose to be different.

If that makes you judge us, then maybe you should examine your own outlook.

You act as if I'm spiritually handicapped. I would imagine you do this to most people you think you're above.

By all means friend, fly to your heart's content. Use your wings. Let me know how far you get.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't think I'm above anyone. If there is someone below me, there is someone above me as well. And really, arrogance is counterproductive. That's why I don't appreciate anyone talking down to me. I don't like anyone being hurtful, because they hurt themselves too.

Like the OP. He shows less than full understanding, and I think his reluctance to really explore the studies he is condemning will bite him someday. I want him to understand why some people find comfort in these studies, and not judge. It's not disagreement that hurts us. It's judgment.

Anyway, it is time to close down for the night. I will continue this discussion tomorrow. Live long and prosper.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Actually, I saw you lashing out first. You posted before I ever addressed you.

You might want to look again.

I offered my opinion, you took offense and implied I'm being stupid. Is self-deception the going rate around here?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's not disagreement that hurts us. It's judgment.

Well, I'll just continue on 'being stupid' then. Maybe I'll continue my existence as a 'ball and chain' because of my 'lack of wings.' I'll hang out down here with the little people as you soar overhead.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

It is really an ambiguous statement if you reread. The same statement can also apply to you as well.

And am being honest and nice myself.

Peace

Yes i sense you are too flaccid to be evil.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Carry on

IMO.. to be balanced yourself.. in your milk sucker temple.. you need to be a balance of both dark and light. Too much of either... whichever is fed more.. will be your downfall. I see folks preaching like they are all love and light and 100% wholesome yummy good.. and I see something that is equal to the "evil" vampire. They scare the bejeebers out of me just the same.
Then again, I dont believe in saints..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join