It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Again I ask, how does this thread get 19 flags and end up on the front page? I should write a thread about faeries and just include a bunch of pictures of faeries and talk about how many we're all descendants of faeries.. Think I'll hit the front page?

It probably would. Most people on ATS just want to be entertained, not educated.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

I've been depressed and because I know what I'm like when I'am I can tell you this is the last place I would be and I sure wouldn't be posting with such aggression.

So if you are more then qualified to state my mental status I suggest you open your text books because your thesis in my mental state is flawed. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khedwulf
Reptilians are fascinating. After all did we not descend from them?

edit on 29-1-2013 by Khedwulf because: Needed to change the smiley

I've wondered that myself, but then I wonder of we've been created by them.

If reptilians exist, they are a much advanced species of high intelligence. It's been proven that the size of the organism's brain doesn't matter. A bird can achieve the intelligence of a five year old child even with its tiny brain. Speaking of the brain, it's no accident that human brains have a section coined the "reptilian brain", where all of our survival instincts are controlled and dependent upon.

Also, if reptilians indeed exist, they'd also be a much older species.
Reptiles have very long life spans and have the ability to hibernate during winter months. As the temperatures are growing colder, a reptile's metabolism slows down burning and preserving precious calories. Most reptiles will either bury themselves in mud or secure tuck themselves inside a hole or burrow. When I think about this concept, I'm reminded of the underground bases throughout the world. If there was another ice age, you can bet your bottom dollar that several reptile species would make it through just fine.

If reptilians exist, I am more prone to believe that they engineered us as a slave and food species rather than think that we are descended from them. There may be some hybrids, but these are specially arranged by those who are obsessed with bloodlines and lineage.

Anyways, that's just my two cents...

To the Op, excellent thread by the way. The pictures you've included are a feast for the eyes!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Glad you said that, because you proved the point I was trying to make. You labelled me with false accusations and stereotypes, which are untrue, just as I did to you. Do you really like having a stranger on the net tell you about your life? Im guessing the answer is no. So do not bring my life into a debate. Called manners, bro. Learn 'em

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

it's no accident that human brains have a section coined the "reptilian brain", where all of our survival instincts are controlled and dependent upon.

What is that supposed to signify?. All animals have brains with basic survival instincts hardwired in them

edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Of course it relates. Most doctors and clinicians discuss the reptilian part of the human brain.
science.howstuffworks.com...

We humans perform these functions as well, and so have a "reptilian" brain built into us. That means we have the same parts of the brain found in reptiles, namely the brain stem and the cerebellum.

So, yes. I believe this is a promising junction for this thread.
Besides, I was replying to a poster about whether we're descended from reptilians or genetically created by them. That's why I mentioned the reptilian brain.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Pictures of dragons are all over the world because reptiles live all over the world.

Did someone one day just see a lizard and say, "OOOH! let's add wings and make it breathe fire!" ?

My question is as comical as your statement, not trying to mock you just curious on your real opinion on the origin.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by metalholic

Again I ask, how does this thread get 19 flags and end up on the front page? I should write a thread about faeries and just include a bunch of pictures of faeries and talk about how many we're all descendants of faeries.. Think I'll hit the front page?

I believe it may have something to do with the female as the avatar's picture.

I've been noticing that a lot lately.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Did someone one day just see a lizard and say, "OOOH! let's add wings and make it breathe fire!" ?

Yeah, they did. I'm an artist and I make up things in my head all the time. How hard is it to imagine the combination a bird and a lizard? Humans are creative animals... Just look at all the ancient stories they made up about their various Gods...

Plus there are reptile species with "wings".

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

touche!

Those little guys slipped my mind.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

What?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

All mammals have a "reptilian brain" part, were they engineered too?

The reptilian brain is nothing but the primitive brain. It deals with the basic functions that allow us to live, developed via evolution.

Functions like breathing, cardiac system, pain, sleep, feeling, hunger.....

Mammals went onto develop a larger and more complex brain, but kept the primitive part for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

All mammals have a "reptilian brain" part, were they engineered too?

Yes. I understand that.

The reptilian brain is nothing but the primitive brain. It deals with the basic functions that allow us to live, developed via evolution.

Yes. I understand that, too.

Functions like breathing, cardiac system, pain, sleep, feeling, hunger.....

Correct.

Mammals went onto develop a larger and more complex brain, but kept the primitive part for obvious reasons.

Correct.

I agree with everything you're stating here, so I don't understand why you're so in knots about me mentioning the reptilian brain. Sure, I didn't go into such great technical detail as you have, but I got my point across.

I was only posing a possible scenario to ponder, so I don't know why you're reacting as though I have offended you and disagree with your Darwinian beliefs. If this is what you choose to believe, go right ahead. I'm simply posing another possibility because that's just what I do.

Why are you so staunchly against the idea that humans may have been genetically engineered by a superior race of beings? Does this conflict with your religious beliefs?
If it does, please think about this:
In the Bible, it states

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

bible.cc...
Who is "us" and why is God using the term "our"? Is God more than one person? Does he have multiple personality disorder or schizophrenia?
Seriously though. Why is the Bible describing one God conversing as though He is many?
This is the reason why I am a bit partial to the idea of genetic engineering as a theory of creationism.
To each their own as we search for answers, right?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

The only reason I read your Op was because you are avatar reminds me of my wife.

so what you are saying is that we are reptiles or what we think is "god" are reptiles??

I see a fascination with reptiles but there are also pictures of creatures with heads of jackals, hippos and birds.

maybe you should get familiar with david icke. he sees reptiles every where.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Fox news reporting that some scientists believe there could be an advanced life form out there that may resemble what we know as reptilians.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

to answer that question for you.... yes it is lol.
its much easier to go through life living in any which way you want without any self control or respect towards others just because their beliefs are different from your own.

believing in dragons or lizardmen does not make you any crazier than someone who believes that a man who claimed to be the son of the creator died for the sins and evil that mankind does, so that all of us may have a chance to prove we are deserving of everlasting life.. even Metalholic.

I guess that I would be considered clinically insane because I believe both subjects are much more closely related than we realize.

it is so obvious that most athiests and new agers are completely ignorant to the vast amount of information on these matters in the bible its laughable. I pray those of you who fit the bill find your way to a bible. if you have never read one or studied holy scripture for yourself then you have no place to criticize christians.

stay strong brothers and sisters because the Devil is like a roaring lion wandering the earth looking for those who he may devour.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

Your title's way too funny.
I guess comedy is the norm now....

Teenage mutant ninja turtles, really?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I'll second that:-) and the only reason i still even remember it-i made tacos that night,which gave me bad tummy ache-while watching That:-) oh joy! Hope your digestive system was at least not torturing you too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

The holocaust is something that is in god's will and grand scheme of things or it didn't happen

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Those lizards you showed me are tiny and don't fly they glide, and certainly don't breathe fire. How can they spark the idea of giant beasts?

Totally irrelevent, but I am curious on your thought of dolphins being considered more intelligent than humans.

Are they not "primitive" animals?

Most people consider the use of technology as evolution, which in my opinion is flawed and backwards. Sure we have proven ourselves to be able to use a computer and drive a car. Yet most people lack the common sense to even make a fire without the use of a lighter or matches, let alone the ability to hunt for themselves.

The definition of primitive is preserving an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development of something. Does that "evolution" mean our technical evolution? In my eyes I would consider humans to be more primitive than animals. They don't drive cars, shoot guns, use computers yet they are still alive and have been out living most humans.
edit on 30-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join