Concerned Citizen Pulls Over Drunk Cop, Locks Him Up in His Own Cruiser

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
hi all

This is pretty funny.. Cops hit the bars and drive home all the time but wanna ask everyone they pull over if they have been drinking..

I say good for this guy, but probably a good way to get shot lol

gawker.com...

A South African driver is being praised for taking charge after spotting a cop allegedly driving under the influence through the streets of Pietermaritzburg.

Russell George of Prestbury told a local newspaper that he saw a police van making erratic moves and decided to follow it.

After the officer behind the wheel made several illegal maneuvers, including stopping abruptly and driving into oncoming traffic, George decided to phone emergency services and report the incident.

"After five minutes, no one had arrived," George told The Witness. "So I jumped out of my car and I approached the driver's side and asked him to come out. He looked at me and I could smell that he had been drinking."

The cop refused, so George snatched his keys and physically removed him from the car. He then dragged him over to the back of the van and locked him inside

edit on 28-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is pretty funny.. Cops hit the bars and drive home all the time

In that country or?...

I say good for this guy, but probably a good way to get shot lol

Oh yeah he took a risk! Good for him though
Courageous and moral.

Later, at the police station, it was revealed that the officer was allegedly involved in a hit-and-run accident earlier in the day, and may have also held his girlfriend at gunpoint at a nearby nightclub.

Well at least an investigation is pending and the gun revoked.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
COPS KILL PEOPLE ALL THE TIME....Its no big deal......they usually get away with their crimes.....
There are times i think altruism is far from why they sign up in the first place......
A blue uniform is a good place for bullies and psychos to hide.

CX

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
COPS KILL PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...

Ummm.....no they don't.

CX.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Ummm.....no they don't.

CX.

Is more than one every other day not "all the time"?

CJ

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good for that guy. I wonder how many times this stuff happens? (cops getting drunk and driving their cruisers.

CX

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by CX

Ummm.....no they don't.

CX.

Is more than one every other day not "all the time"?

CJ

I would hazard a guess that even "more than one every other day" would be an incorrect statistic too.

If i am wrong on that and you can prove otherwise, then please feel free. Anyone who knows me here, knows that i will apologize if i am wrong and welcome any education in a subject.

The thread itself gets a thumbs up from me, so thank you to the OP for starting it, interesting story indeed. The all too common sweeping statements about cops killing everyone though, and the whole "tar all with one brush" thing....it gets boring eventually and displays a lack of knowledge of the behavior of ALL police officers.

Yes there are terrible cops, but lots of good ones too. So like i said.....no they don't all kill everyone.

It would be like me accusing every conspiracy theorist of being a school shooter, or every person who posts on the internet a pedophile. Would you welcome that accusation? I'm guessing not.....yet it has been the case in some instances.

Just not all.

CX.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I would hazard a guess that even "more than one every other day" would be an incorrect statistic too.

The estimated USA annual average for justifiable homicides according to wiki is 400. Apparently that's not counting non-justified homicides.

From the same wiki source it says in 2012 homicides by cops, on duty or off duty, justified or not, totalled 566.

That was for USA. Now factor annual stats for police in every other country.

I would say 'all the time' is a fairly honest statement.

Wiki source so take it or leave it I guess

Actually I am confused on the wording. Are they saying it's 400 + 566?
edit on 30-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join