It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to change the world. (Deep discussion)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

I have had enough experience in such associated things in my real life so I try to watch upbeat shows when I have the time. Although my experiences have been located in other countries with those who desire power and not to any great extent in the U.S...although some...such people tend to be much different than what is portrayed on TV.

Imagine a person who has a motive and you yourself could even calculate, understand and empathise such motives...but the end result of such a motive is something that must be stopped for a variety of reasons.

Then imagine being the person charged with getting this done by whatever method you choose for yourself and your team and as you do this you are always on guard looking for issues and the motives of others who have placed you in such a position.

Then imagine that you are really good at this for a long time till you get to a point that you can say no to a JOB but you try not to as 20 somethings that are on your team want you with them so that they are not used or placed in a compromising situation that some others have no problem at all placing them.

Then you come home and put on the TV and watch as some actor runs into the building that is blowing up to get the hostages as you watch and KNOW that if it was real...they would all be dead.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX
reply to post by Evil_Santa

An ego less person would never argue right or wrong simply what they believe and if someone disagreed would accept that that is just the will of the universe.

They will not take it personally, this does not mean they will accept it as the will of the universe. They will figure out the way to convince. As the saying goes, you attract more bees with honey than with guns. The egoless person, if his intention is to convince someone of something, will accomplish it through efficient means, not forcefully, because he has no "self" invested.

A ego less person would never stand up for freedom because again the will of the universe will decide whether or not those freedoms are takin away.

If this were true then Buddhism would not be a very popular religion. It is your duty as human to stand for whats right, if you put your ego aside, YOU can be used by the universe as a means of defending freedom.

So they ride on the backs of everyone who has an ego. because those peopel with ego's are capable of making decisions. That influence everyone else.

I'm interested in knowing where your ideas of what an egoless person should be like come from.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

Why don't you go visit a monastery! Or watch videos from people who have joined them. Buddhism is so popular because Asia is where most of the world's population live!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX

Why don't you go visit a monastery! Or watch videos from people who have joined them. Buddhism is so popular because Asia is where most of the world's population live!

Monasteries are for monks. Monks have rituals that are purely religious, which a normal person need not do to be ego-less. For example, you can meditate while walking. You can also feel the same effects of joy at a social gathering as a monk who has been sworn to never speak. You can do anything you want, in fact you do it better, without investing a sense of self in it. There are just different means to achieve the same state. Every religion has some ritual which is merely traditional and does not have anything to do with the act of being a good person. Because this is what being ego less is, being a good person.

Ever heard of shaolin monks? they use fighting as meditation.

I can not say this without sounding arrogant so I apologize, but I advice you learn more about what being ego-less is in a more relaxed environment where you can be more open minded, and not feeling the pressure to type out a response to defend your point of view.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I like your analogy!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

So in your opinion which I don't know how qualified you are to accurately judge everyone else. Ego less people are better then people who aren't?

Is this because they do not stand by there beliefs with the intent on heavenly discussing them with someone who disagrees?

Do you realize that the mere fact you are on this website a forum that is geared around heavy discussion and arguing facts. Means you are not ego less.

Because if you were ego less you would never reply with any type of statement that is mean to sway someone one way or another you would constantly be un-biased to anything and everything.

It's ok to be water and to flow. It's not ok to not have quality. Ever drank bottled water? It's been proven to be bad for you because theres nothing in it! That's ego less.

Now on to judging those with egos. I shouldn't have to say anything after that little opening into this point. IT'S Wrong!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Good observation.

There is no such thing as a Human Being without an Ego. Without one we would have no self. And such a person certainly wouldn't be debating it.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You didn't even touch the middle of the iceberg perse. If you want to change the world, you need to get rid of religion, and the banksters whom control the world. until that time, your hypothesis is simply a bit of melted ice, that holds about asmuch muster as a couple of shaved particles

Follow the money, and the root of all problems shall become obvious

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Violence is not a cause, it's an effect. Do You want to debate this with me? the premise of your post is illogical.
edit on 29-1-2013 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
Violence is not a cause, it's an effect. Do You want to debate this with me? the premise of your post is illogical.

Yes, violence is the effect of something deeper.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I never said I did not have an ego. I wish!

I think we're getting off topic here. The point I really wanted to drive home is that getting over your fears and acting towards your goals will make you a happier person which in turn contributes to the improvement of our society.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Jesus, I'm sorry I sound so rude in my reply!! Really!

There is something that makes us violent. All humans rich and poor are capable of it. If we understood why we were violent, we would understand we have a choice to be violent,or not.

Herein lies our chance to save the world

Some of us choose to continue to be violent or refuse to understand ourselves and we take it out on others, because we don't realize we use others as mirrors for ourselves.

The solution is knowing yourself which is a bit of a paradox, but in that paradox is hope and it can effect a positive future on Earth.

Someday.

Oh yeah, and when the violence gets to you, go play with some young kids or someone's newborn.

That's how the future really looks.

edit on 29-1-2013 by rainbowbear because: Youknowhowitis

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Have you seen the movie Cloud Atlas?

It's pretty much about what you are contemplating in this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
Have you seen the movie Cloud Atlas?

It's pretty much about what you are contemplating in this thread.

No but I will check it out

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Part of it. But also being solution oriented locally and starting to get together and be the government. But we need to look in the mirror and start working on our maturity, love, and peace too. We have things in us that is holding this place.

However, giving usually unblocks our own receiving our good.

I think they go hand in hand, but it all begins with taking the first step. A journey of a thousand miles in self improvement and seeking joy and abundance and a state of contributing and shining from a healthy unconditional love and deprogrammed view point, all begins with taking the first step.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I do want to change the world but not by changing humans. I want to change the world by destroying all demons within the world. Those that influence world events. Humans are pretty easy to change. They are soft creatures that are mailable and weak. Demons on the other hand are harder to influence. The demon compromised humans are hard to kill or disrupt. They take over humans forms and become your friends so as to disrupt your ability to resist them. We are in a hard time when the demons become us and influence us as well. The distrust we would use to protect ourselves is used against us. This OP is hard to deal with.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Uhhh...Demons? Really?

I would have to ask you if you could provide me even the tiniest bit of proof that such a thing exists.

As far as I know...there is no proof.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If you want proof of demons PM me your name and I will provide you with some. It takes a few minutes and they should be at your location directly. You will become a believer. If you do not believe in evil it is because you have never confronted it and pissed it off.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
I do want to change the world but not by changing humans. I want to change the world by destroying all demons within the world. Those that influence world events. Humans are pretty easy to change. They are soft creatures that are mailable and weak. Demons on the other hand are harder to influence. The demon compromised humans are hard to kill or disrupt. They take over humans forms and become your friends so as to disrupt your ability to resist them. We are in a hard time when the demons become us and influence us as well. The distrust we would use to protect ourselves is used against us. This OP is hard to deal with.

Who said anything about changing humans? My post strictly speaks about changing Yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

and if the demons you are destroying are part of you? Only the egos need to destroy, and the ego wants you to believe the demons you fight are external. Strangly, the heart knows otherwize.

i dont know about you but the demons i know come from my ego trying to trick me into beliving they are different from me and a foe to defeat so require destruction. Its internal Warfare.

I recomend not destroying the demons but managing them to your benefit. After all, we do create them.

UNLESS YOU DONT BELIEVE WE REALLY ARE ALL ONE.
edit on 30-1-2013 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join