It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Layoff Letter Ever --- Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Saw this on my Facebook newsfeed, thought I'd share it. This is the kind of boss I would enjoy working for

For those of you who don't want to click the link, it reads:

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.

But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, I couldn't decide between Political Issues or Jokes / Puns.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I know liberals and Obama supporters will be here shortly to tell you he is racist, or he was being biased.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Now if we could just get the rest of the companies in America to do the same thing, this would be great. I heard that Ford motor company did sort of the same thing in the early 80s, they had to cut a number of employees, they checked out the parking lot, got the sticker #s of all of the newer non american cars, matched the #s to employees, and pinkslipcity...S&F...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What I would like to know is this: out of all the large corporations who are profiting millions and laying off employees because of Obama, what are the salaries and bonuses of the upper echelon of that company? Why do the executives never even consider taking a pay cut for the benefit of other people and the business as a whole? They cannot blame the layoffs on Obama, because there is a way to circumvent the layoffs, although they would not personally make as much money.

So it is obvious they are simply utilizing this as propaganda against Obama. Now I am not saying that this occurs in smaller organizations, but I know if happens in larger ones. Especially in the financial/banking sectors...Those who employ the proletariat in the first place are, on average, looking out for no one but themselves. Any organization that puts profits before people is not an organization I would ever work for personally.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
Now if we could just get the rest of the companies in America to do the same thing, this would be great. I heard that Ford motor company did sort of the same thing in the early 80s, they had to cut a number of employees, they checked out the parking lot, got the sticker #s of all of the newer non american cars, matched the #s to employees, and pinkslipcity...S&F...

That would explain why every car and truck I see at the Ford engine plant here in Ohio is populated by nothing but Fords.

And here I thought it was employee loyalty combined with the employee discount.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Gotta wonder if it's real, but I like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Funny, but I'm pretty sure discrimination on the basis of political affiliation is illegal...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Funny, but I'm pretty sure discrimination on the basis of political affiliation is illegal...

It sure is illegal. How can anybody think this is OK? So employers should be able to choose who you vote for? Insane!! Well, if this is true, those employees stand to make a bundle should they choose to sue.
edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is simply a re-worded email that was circulated in 2008. Kind of a political joke. I can remember receiving 5 or 6 from associates.

Fellow Business Executives: As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them. If you have a better idea, let me know.

Source
source

But still kinda funny.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And........it's fake.

Come one folks, how naive are you...this is a chain email from 2008 for gods sake.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

That's the thing Jiggy, they do that at the bottom, The taxpayer funded politicians shove uncontrolled illegal immigration down our throats, drops the labor costs, and boom, profits stay up, labor is the highest cost of business, flood the labor pool, supply and demand, there will always be cheap labor, as long as you have translators, no problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

There was some crazy stories floating around before the most recent election with employers making threats like that. I suppose it does have a ring of falsehood, however the U.S.A. has much stranger bosses than that I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I'm not even a supporter of Obama.

But do you think the republican media would cool if a guy fired employees because of Romney or Paul Bumper stickers on their cars?

They'd be having a tantrum.

I for one hope it happens. That way, y'all can stop cheering on people for discriminatory firing policies.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
And........it's fake.

Come one folks, how naive are you...this is a chain email from 2008 for gods sake.

www.snopes.com...
Even though we knew that, please let us have our moment, please, good dreams are rare these days......

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense.
Besides, everybody will have to make some sacrifices and they will also have to do their fair share.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Any organization that puts profits before people is not an organization I would ever work for personally.

So, you're either unemployed or self employed then right?

edit on 28-1-2013 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

nope you can be fired for your political belifes more so in an at will state .political belifs are not a protected class now if they were firing employees for gay rights bumperstickers they might have a case but political views are no protected federally.is it right no but it is the law as it sits now

www.forbes.com...

The week before last, shortly after Missouri Rep. Todd Akin made his combustible comments about how women subject to “legitimate rape” were unlikely to get pregnant, a couple of office workers at a large energy company got into a heated discussion about whether Rep. Akin’s views had any merit. The two disagreed so vehemently, they nearly came to blows. Alarmed about the disruption, the employer called Steven Hurd, a partner at the New York law firm Proskauer in its labor and employment law department. Could the company fire the employees, or was their political discussion protected by the First Amendment’s guarantee of freedom of expression? Hurd’s response: the employer had the right to fire the disruptive employees. In fact, Hurd urged the firm to let the workers go, because their loud argument could cause another kind of legal problem: A female employee sensitive about sex discrimination could feel that a supervisor who agreed with Rep. Akin was hostile to women, which could open up the employer to a hostile work environment sex discrimination suit. In addition, the employer had a written policy that explicitly discouraged discussions of flammable political topics like abortion. The employer promptly terminated both employees.

molawyersmedia.com...

Most people are familiar with the standard protected classes: race, sex, age, religion, etc. But beyond that, many people feel that if something is unfair, then it must somehow be illegal. Yet that is often not the case, at least in employment law. You can be fired for a host of reasons in at-will employment, such as for being a Cubs fan (an option I’m thankful my employers have decided to forego) or for not inviting someone to your happy hour (something you would never do, of course, because you like everyone you work with). And, perhaps most pertinently these days, you can usually be fired for being of the “wrong” political affiliation (not your political affiliation – the other one). I was reminded of this the other day when I received a text from a friend (a diehard Democrat) who said her boss (a diehard Republican) had just described President Obama in some rather unflattering terms. My friend let the comment slide rather than get into an argument with her boss over his views of President Obama’s policies, in part because she was afraid she would lose her job. When I saw her later that day, she asked me what recourse she would have should her boss one day fire her simply for being a Democrat. This is not just an academic question: in the past several months, there have been several news stories about employees who claim they were fired for their political beliefs, including a waitress in Illinois who claims she was terminated for wearing a Tea Party bracelet during her shift. Read more: molawyersmedia.com...

www.columbiatribune.com... 4.html#.UQdX-GdbWJ0

www.statesman.com...

www.nolo.com...

blogs.findlaw.com... and while from a blog it seems to use an actual court case as reference and precedent

Larry Davis was terminated from his position as Senior Humane Officer (SHO) for Anderson, Indiana after refusing to support Kris Ockomon's successful mayoral campaign. Sounds shady, right? According to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, it may be shady, but it is still legal.

edit on 28-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This has been circulated once before, as another member pointed out.

By the way, does anyone believe this?

Most good business people know that you only want to hire the amount of people you need to meet the demands of your current market. If demand was high, he would not be firing them. If demand was low....why did he have that many on staff?

Any way you look at it, this person was either a bad business person or this is a load of political tripe.

We all know which one it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

lasvegas.cbslocal.com... i think these workers have the best chance of appealing it as he fired Hispanics only

jobs.aol.com...

three separate cases of employers firing their employees for political views and as i could find no challenges have been made in court over them least not yet.

www.salon.com... some posted above but it talks about the coal company that fired 160 employees for voting for obama and "his war on coal" as far as i could find none of these people have sued over being terminated but who knows what will happen or if this will prompt a change in laws to remedy this kind of thing

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And ATS neo cons have gone full retard.....

2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join