Archie Bunker Argues Gun Control; A 1st CT or was it an AJ Moment?(1972)

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was watching an episode from All In The Family tonight the itle was Archie and the Editorial. Archie and his son in law are arguing over,...........Gun Control!!!!! That's right! It was interesting.
The episode was broadcast in 1972. Guess what they were arguing almost the exact same arguments then as now. I bet we have some politicians in office now in Washington who were getting their start then.
It is amazing but then again no it is not. What? You may ask. Well that the same issue is being argued the same way for forty years. I guess what works for the politicians they don't fix because "the fix is in!"
And we let our selves get divided on the issue that cannot be changed under the constitution without taking the huge necessary steps to do it. We get all worked up and bent out of shape.

Part two of this thread. I was watching this thinking, "Wow!, Archie is talking about the International bankers wanting our guns and then once they have them thy send in the commies!" That is right!!! EXCEPT!!!! They had Archie Bunker saying this. Then I thought of AJ being the one that they put on Piers Morgan and AJ started preaching the same thing. I found it to be very interesting. Archie quieted peoples beliefs because nobody wanted to be thought of to sound like an Archie Bunker. After seeing AJ many people don't want to sound or look like an AJ. However, with AJ i think it back fired his comments trended upwardly in Google searches and his Twitter exploded. His website hits increased. And with a portion of his website being complete sensationalism and fear mongering it will have what I call the "Archie Bunker Effect!"

Below is the link for the script. I will quote some of the Norman Lear script here to peak your interest.
Script Quotes
What do you think ATS?

Archie Bunker: [on TV] Good evening, everybody. This here is Archie Bunker of 704 Hauser Street, veteran of the big war, speaking on behalf of guns for everybody. Now, question: what was the first thing that the Communists done when they took over Russia? Answer: gun control. And there's a lot of people in this country want to do the same thing to us here in a kind of conspiracy, see. You take your big international bankers, they want to - whaddya call - masticate the people of this here nation like puppets on the wing, and then when they get their guns, turn us over to the Commies.
Edith Bunker: Oh, Archie, I'm glad they put you on a stool, you look taller sitting down.
Archie Bunker: [on TV] Now I want to talk about another thing that's on everybody's minds today, and that's your stick-ups and your skyjackings, and which, if that were up to me, I could end the skyjackings tomorrow.
Michael 'Meathead' Stivic: You could?
Archie Bunker: [on TV] All you gotta do is arm all your passengers. He ain't got no more moral superiority there, and he ain't gonna dare to pull out no rod. And then your airlines, they wouldn't have to search the passengers on the ground no more, they just pass out the pistols at the beginning of the trip, and they just pick them up at the end! Case closed.
Michael 'Meathead' Stivic: That's incredible, Arch.

On this website though they live out Mike's argument where he reads the 2nd Amendment and states that the guns are for a militia. The State provides the guns and the militia.
edit on 28-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

This may be your finest post ever.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I suppose I needn't point out that your cart is in front of your horse.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
... *shrug*

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

:lol
ang Pinky hit the enter key

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Thnks Sek82. Notice how they laugh at him when he mentions bankers? Mike gives him a "really??!!" Look. The is more than this in this script though. Like I said Reiners character argues thd state supplies the gun and the militia.

top topics

join