It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Agents Visit Toy Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

ST. HELENS, Ore. - So far as she knows, Pufferbelly Toys owner Stephanie Cox hasn't been passing any state secrets to sinister foreign governments, or violating obscure clauses in the Patriot Act.

So she was taken aback by a mysterious phone call from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to her small store in this quiet Columbia River town just north of Portland.

Link To Story

It seems that the Dept. Homeland Security has removed another terrorist threat in the form of a "Rubik's Cube Imitation". Agents watched while the store owner removed the offending product from shelves. They claim they are "protecting the integrity of the economy and our nation's financial systems".

What I can't understand is why they are using agents to physically go around on this type of business? Surely they have more important things to work on, like terrorists?

As Stephanie Cox said,

"Aren't there any terrorists out there?"

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yeah!!! That's what we need, give the department of homeland defesne more power! I'll tell you what, if it turns out that Rubik's patent indeed expired and there is no infringement, if I were the toy store owner or the manufacturer of the other cube, I wouldn't stop suing those turds for wrongful prosecution. The FBI is supposed to be the guys that enforce this sort of thing anyway, what the hell does copyright infringement have to do with Homeland Security? I think they are trying to get us used to seeing their gestapo BS.

new topics

join