It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration reduces value of American workers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Last time I check there are no "illegal" immigrants taking jobs from doctors, nurses. lawyers, engineers or some other professionals.

Says the person who hasn't asked a nurse how many Phillippino nurses have come to America to work in their hospital, before then taking the money back to The Phillippines in 15 years to live like royalty for the rest of their lives, thus removing the money from the American Economy that gave it to them.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

That is true... They are desperados who are working for small fee, the same jobs... Even illegaly...
That is so anywhere...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik

That is true... They are desperados who are working for small fee, the same jobs... Even illegaly...
That is so anywhere... Yes, immigration is most anywhere, but this is completely uncontrolled illegal immigration, no filter, no enforcement, no checking, no control whatsoever, in reality a slow invasion of a nation supported by business and government. Imagine for one second, "free" healthcare for all, the attraction becomes better, more flow across the border. what the hell would the American landscape look like, say 10 years from now(if we make it that far), political, social, education, employment, etc. at this rate of "change" you will be required to speak spanish to get a job, you really think that this will have no impact on long term social issues? At best is a dilution of a young culture, At worst.........

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Having to speak spanish to get a job??
WTF?? This is AMERICA, we all speak ENGLISH. One guy at work, is mexican, he parked his car right next to mine, granted Bessie is getting old, and don't look so good, I almost had to get in through the passenger side. I'm not very big either. I told him if he taught me a few lines that involved cuss words, I'd teach him how to park!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Do not be shocked if that is a requirement down the road, on some listings, it is required now, just read the help wanted ads. If the english language was made completely official, then it may be different. When all of the points of a culture as basically under attack with little or no support from the people or government, then the silence is very loud and the basis of a culture dying. Is there another country on this planet with uncontrolled illegal immigration at all?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Now i'm sure there are gonna be some wishy-washy, pansy-ass, PC cheerleaders, that are gonna come in here, and tell me what a horrible person i am for having an opinion that isn't "Politically Correct"(which is conformist double talk for conformist doubletalk), and i'll probably be called a "racist"(AFAIK, the aliens haven't landed, so humans are the only sapient species on earth, therefore racism = fake) for my views, because they're derisive, and unfavorable towards people of another nationality, but goddamnit, i'm an American, i still have the right to think, feel, and say whatever the hell i want, and so long as that right exists, i'm gonna exercise the FRAK out of it..

I have nothing but absolute rage, and hatred for illegals. specifically Mexican illegals(since they're the worst offenders)..

i lost my job 6 months ago. i can't go into the details, but i was forced out, screwed out of my unemployment benefits, and left twisting in the wind.. i've been looking for a job for the last 4 months. i've dropped applications EVERYWHERE i can think of, and i can't get work. I lost my car, because it broke, and i couldn't afford to fix it. I lost my apartment, because i couldn't afford rent, so now i live with my parents again...i had to put my cellphone on their plan, because i couldn't afford the bill...i have no job, no money, no car..i have nothing.

the town i live in is a sanctuary for illegals. due to certain political arrangements, nobody bothers them, and ICE never comes here. as a result of that, the place is full of them..

everywhere i apply for work, i see illegals, all around the convenience stores in my town, they congregate, i see them driving around in blinged out SUV's, with bogus PA tags..it pisses me off....they get paid more under the table than i made legally, they get free healthcare, free food, cheap housing...they pay no income tax, no property tax, no medicare, welfare,unemployment, or any of the other assorted taxes...no local, state, or federal tax....and I paid for it all with MY tax dollars. they earned none of it, deserve none of it, and what do i get, when i, a born citizen of this land need a job, or a hand for a bit?...i get a poke in the eye, because my employer can make s**t up, and get me denied MY unemployment benefits i paid into....

Don't even get me started about the crime here because of them, or how disrespectful they are to their neighbors, or how there's no more black folks around here, because they got run off, or the fact that there are more little Mexican children in the schools around here than any other nationality, or how now they're trying to make Spanish a mandatory course in the schools, because well, "the little white/black/asian/misc children are in the minority, why should we speak THEIR language?"

Im not saying immigration is bad..i'm saying ILLEGAL immigration is bad....i used to have a guy in my crew, he was from bolivia....GREAT guy, one of my favorite people to work with.. He came here legally. he filled out the papers, dealt with the red tape, did everyting the right way, because he WANTED to be here....not because he wanted to violate our borders, steal our jobs, rob us of our money, send it to another country, and mooch off OUR social programs while doing it....He wanted to be a citizen, he wanted to be here, because its better than where he came from...not like these pieces of s**t.

As far as im concerned, they are foreign invaders, they are doing harm to us and our country, and should be shot on sight, just like you would do if a column of another country's infantry came marching down the street....the ONLY difference between them and illegal immigrants, is the uniform, and (maybe) the gun...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
IMO the real issue is the cost of living and standard of living. We can't compete with China,India, Africa, etc unless we have an equal standard of living and cost of living. Unfortunately for the US AND THE WORLD the trend is heading towards the US lowering its cost of living and standard of living instead of the other way around.

The illegal immigrant thing is irrelevant and insignificant in the bigger picture. We as a country will have to regress in momentum and lower our standards of living in order to compete with foreign nations.

Pretty much this...

The same phenomena also relates to the drop in birthrate in developed countries. Once people get educated enough, they realize what a high population does to the standard of living and start to fix it on their own. This is because once you see enough of the picture to use common sense, you begin thinking "If I can't get a good job and live up to the standard I expect and don't see things getting any better, then why would any kids I may have be any better off? Thus you don't have any children, or at least no more than 2. (Also keeping in mind no new frontiers to exploit as resources and life supporting environment are limited. No where good to run off to.)

Immigration therefore is used to counter this, all in the name of so-called productivity. (Doesn't really mean it always benefits the people that generate it though.)

I'm not against sensible immigration, but there's no doubt it's a tool used by governments (and business) against the middle and lower classes when it can easily be leveraged that way. Allowing for heavy illegal immigration is just a way to get what they want while trying to not make it look intentional. (Of course we in the U.S. really should know better by now, but still haven't stopped voting the same two in...)

Thus this "Boardroom Suggestion" meme comic I modified explains why I'm definitely not a consulting economist...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
Now i'm sure there are gonna be some wishy-washy, pansy-ass, PC cheerleaders, that are gonna come in here, and tell me what a horrible person i am for having an opinion that isn't "Politically Correct"(which is conformist double talk for conformist doubletalk), and i'll probably be called a "racist"(AFAIK, the aliens haven't landed, so humans are the only sapient species on earth, therefore racism = fake) for my views, because they're derisive, and unfavorable towards people of another nationality, but goddamnit, i'm an American, i still have the right to think, feel, and say whatever the hell i want, and so long as that right exists, i'm gonna exercise the FRAK out of it..

I have nothing but absolute rage, and hatred for illegals. specifically Mexican illegals(since they're the worst offenders)..

i lost my job 6 months ago. i can't go into the details, but i was forced out, screwed out of my unemployment benefits, and left twisting in the wind.. i've been looking for a job for the last 4 months. i've dropped applications EVERYWHERE i can think of, and i can't get work. I lost my car, because it broke, and i couldn't afford to fix it. I lost my apartment, because i couldn't afford rent, so now i live with my parents again...i had to put my cellphone on their plan, because i couldn't afford the bill...i have no job, no money, no car..i have nothing.

the town i live in is a sanctuary for illegals. due to certain political arrangements, nobody bothers them, and ICE never comes here. as a result of that, the place is full of them..

everywhere i apply for work, i see illegals, all around the convenience stores in my town, they congregate, i see them driving around in blinged out SUV's, with bogus PA tags..it pisses me off....they get paid more under the table than i made legally, they get free healthcare, free food, cheap housing...they pay no income tax, no property tax, no medicare, welfare,unemployment, or any of the other assorted taxes...no local, state, or federal tax....and I paid for it all with MY tax dollars. they earned none of it, deserve none of it, and what do i get, when i, a born citizen of this land need a job, or a hand for a bit?...i get a poke in the eye, because my employer can make s**t up, and get me denied MY unemployment benefits i paid into....

Don't even get me started about the crime here because of them, or how disrespectful they are to their neighbors, or how there's no more black folks around here, because they got run off, or the fact that there are more little Mexican children in the schools around here than any other nationality, or how now they're trying to make Spanish a mandatory course in the schools, because well, "the little white/black/asian/misc children are in the minority, why should we speak THEIR language?"

Im not saying immigration is bad..i'm saying ILLEGAL immigration is bad....i used to have a guy in my crew, he was from bolivia....GREAT guy, one of my favorite people to work with.. He came here legally. he filled out the papers, dealt with the red tape, did everyting the right way, because he WANTED to be here....not because he wanted to violate our borders, steal our jobs, rob us of our money, send it to another country, and mooch off OUR social programs while doing it....He wanted to be a citizen, he wanted to be here, because its better than where he came from...not like these pieces of s**t.

As far as im concerned, they are foreign invaders, they are doing harm to us and our country, and should be shot on sight, just like you would do if a column of another country's infantry came marching down the street....the ONLY difference between them and illegal immigrants, is the uniform, and (maybe) the gun...

Let me be the first one to say KUDOS!!! And I'm sure you will get alot more stars. If you read early on in the thread, I to have had my dealings with them. One thing I don't take too kindly to is getting hit on. I usually say you need better taste in women, or something along those lines. He did it so much, it was affecting my work, and walking away didn't work either. One day, I finally said, I wanna hear you say that in front of the six foot three bad ass I have at home, well, we have had problems ever since. Go to the boss....he heard him do it all the time, did he do any thing, NNNOOOO. the last time I had a run in with hiom, I was trying to point out to the boss the people ahead of him was not doing their job, he walked up and told me "it's you fuking job, YOU do it" My boss pushed me back, if he didn't, they would've took him out in an ambulance, and me in hand cuffs, and I'm not a violent person. But it is clear to me now, he, can do and say anything he wants, never mind the fact he can not read or write english or spanish, that shouldn't matter. I don't feel that way, but I can never run the machine I ran for that reason, management coddles him. BS I SAY BULLSH!T

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

In Nashville when I first moved here there were only handfuls of mexicans in various locations. There were more jobs than workers, every restaurant and gas station etc was advertising for workers with starting pay from $9 to $12 just to start work. Now with many of those jobs taken by illegals from mostly latin countries the pay has dropped across the board back down to the stated federal minimum only of $7.25

In the brick and block industry all companies were required to pay union wages regardless of whether a person was in the union only. Block masons then I remember were earning anywhere from $18 to $25 or up to $50 on special projects. And this required a 2 years apprenticeship under a block mason crew as a laborer before moving up.

Then the influx of illegals, mostly mexicans began, and some contractors hired them to save wages but still billed the client full union wages for the work.

Now the starting wage for a brick and block mason starts at $8 an hour, with only a few weeks or even a few hours of apprenticeship work. And the work is mostly substandard.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by davolobos

In Nashville when I first moved here there were only handfuls of mexicans in various locations. There were more jobs than workers, every restaurant and gas station etc was advertising for workers with starting pay from $9 to $12 just to start work. Now with many of those jobs taken by illegals from mostly latin countries the pay has dropped across the board back down to the stated federal minimum only of $7.25

In the brick and block industry all companies were required to pay union wages regardless of whether a person was in the union only. Block masons then I remember were earning anywhere from $18 to $25 or up to $50 on special projects. And this required a 2 years apprenticeship under a block mason crew as a laborer before moving up.

Then the influx of illegals, mostly mexicans began, and some contractors hired them to save wages but still billed the client full union wages for the work.

Now the starting wage for a brick and block mason starts at $8 an hour, with only a few weeks or even a few hours of apprenticeship work. And the work is mostly substandard.

you're definitely not wrong...

the quality of work has declined, there's no pride in the final result anymore..everything is done JUST good enough(most of the time anyway), and that's it...it's all about low overhead, and high profits...that ain't America..

construction, masonry, electrician, CATV/Low Voltage wiring, landscaping...all fields that used to pay well, and now don't, and are virtually unavailable, thanks to an abundance of cheap, illegal labor from mexico..

it needs to stop. they need to be deported, and outsourcing has to be done away with...we gotta put America back to work.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
With all of the libritarian and liberals and others on here and no nasty replies of racism or right wing psyco nutjob issues, no one has an alternative view on an issue that is really being shoved down the throat of the legal taxpayers and voters of this under invasion nation, Then how the He** are they getting away with making an unknown # of criminals free citizens, I do not get it, anyone else???

The Voters Have Spoken

A new poll shows most Americans support allowing illegal immigrants in the country to stay, with the opportunity to become citizens.

Fifty-one percent in a CBS News poll released Monday say illegal immigrants already in the U.S. should be able to remain in the country and apply for citizenship.

Your personal views are your own. You're free to have them.

According to the History of Immigration in the US, our country is following a long history of "changing as we go along" and adapting to new conditions of the world and our population. Old laws no longer apply. Blacks are equal, women can vote, Asians are no longer barred from becoming citizens, etc. We are more inclusive. Fear of "others" is less and less. With this last election, the people spoke. And they disagree with you.

reply to post by thepolish1

Originally posted by thepolish1
PURE BS at it's finest.

My thoughts exactly as I read your post.
edit on 1/29/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

There is one problem with your statements, reality does not compute, you are using a poll of only a little over a thousand people to try and prove your point. People who where contacted nationally in January over the phone. No knowledge of the demographics or anything really. To assert that the poll is the end all be all is intellectually dishonest and lazy. I am sure you can do better to prove your point has merit, so why not try harder instead of using flimsy "evidence" that defies reality.

Just look at the comment section:

news.yahoo.com...

I believe and trust in the polls about Illegal immigrants to be about as accurate as the polls about homosexuality. No matter how much you wish that 50%+ supports your cause it simply isn't true.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

I am right there with you Davo, literally, Yes, here in Nashville, the quality of life, work, and production have hit the crapper, and our glorious federal government wants to shove uncontrolled illegal immigration down our taxpaying throats. Just the increase in housing alone has skyrocketed here in the last few years, and we compete with the illegals in every other aspect of the market. The crime rate has increased exactly the proportion of the estimated variance, and the schools are even worse. This will get even worse if our dictator forces reform, the flood gates will open wide.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

... EVERY other country has laws, they inforce their's, we enforce our's. We have been spoon fed the BS that this is good and fair, in reality it is only good for politicians and large business, it makes them happy, at the cost, on both ends, of the American workforce, Please show me where I am wrong on this serious issue, thanks in advance.
You are right, politicians and large businesses are two groups of parties that benefit from it - and that may NOT be all. Lets take a step back for a moment. What else devalues the American worker? Imports from cheap labor countries such as China. Yet, in the 90's the US gave China "most favoured nation" status - despite alleged human rights abuses. So why? I believe it is NOT simply becasue it is politically expedient and profitable.

THERE IS AN EVIL AGENDA TO DESTROY AMERICAN PROSPERITY. Why else would it be that American families now need both parents to work while 50 years ago the father alone was good enough? With technology having improved tremendously it should require MUCH LESS (30 hour week?), not twice as much, effort to provide modern conveniences.

Americans are sold the pipe dream of having to maintain hundreds of military bases in foreign countries, pay for trillions of dollars of unaccounted money by the Federal Reserve, and for having to save the world from disasters. That's why. Those dreams are tricked into the mind of Americans in order to generate popular support for a World government, using the United Nations to take increasingly more powers away from national governments.

Notice, United Nations is not a popularly elected body.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Illegal immigration reduces the value of America.

If they don't take the laws seriously, well boo on them. But when the U.S. government doesn't take the laws they themselves created seriously, America isn't what it once was.

But I agree with you OP.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

THERE IS AN EVIL AGENDA TO DESTROY AMERICAN PROSPERITY.
I am sorry, I want to amend my earlier statement and remove the word "evil".
THERE IS AN AGENDA TO DESTROY AMERICAN PROSPERITY. (If it is considered evil or not may depend on the frame of reference.)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I completly agree with you Thinkinghuman, this is only one part of the story, it all seems to have the same directive. The MSM is the engine for this downgrading of the American landscape, yet most people buy all of the BS that they spew without question. When the first economic domino falls, and the gears of economic doom start to turn, with 11+ million law breakers employed or on government assistance, maybe some may care, by then it may be too late, vote out anyone who uses amnesty in their lies.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The MSM is the engine for this downgrading of the American landscape, yet most people buy all of the BS that they spew without question.

Because, IMO, the MSM is doing a good job at selecting and spinning the information. I looked into how they it and found that the top anchors and moguls are members of "think tanks" and other billionaire funded non-profit organizations (speak: lobbying organizations).

When the first economic domino falls, and the gears of economic doom start to turn, with 11+ million law breakers employed or on government assistance, maybe some may care, by then it may be too late, vote out anyone who uses amnesty in their lies.
They should be sent home but notice that both parties (D/R) play the same game. So there is an agenda behind it where the people are used as pawns rather than being the cause of the problem. There was only one person who was honest that was Ron Paul. He opened my eyes about many things - and those behind the agenda prevented him from getting the nomination (with the help of the MSM and the Republican party officials).

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well look at the Coal Mines. There were plenty of folks living in those hills. Big mines came in and hired from the locals.....and then started to import folks from overseas at lower wages as time went on.

One of the ways the industry in the north kept labor down for a while was promoting the mass migration of southern blacks and whites into the north.

They at last said heck with it all and moved to china and its slave labor pool.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Right, and Chinese sweatshops are a problem, and American companies USING them are an even bigger problem, and outsourcing is an even bigger problem than that...

what we're talking about though is illegal immigration, and it's negative effects on the economy, the people of these united states, and the jobs that are still here...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

11+ million? i think you're a little low there....i've heard 20+ million...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join