Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Illegal Immigration reduces value of American workers

page: 1
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Who really KNOWS how many Illegal immigrants are in America? 11 million, 20 million? Uncontrolled immigration reduces the real value of the American workforce by diluting and over stocking people. It is a simple supply and demand economics fundimental that is rarely discussed, and it gets worse. As companies get lean and contain the highest cost of doing business, labor, they cut, and unemployment goes up. Underemployment, unemployment, and those who just stop looking all of this is still on the increase, our government will not release the real numbers as the truth would piss most Americans off. On top of all of this, competing for jobs by people who should not be here in the first place ( we have immigration laws, just no enforcement) you are also competing for housing, groceries, transportation, clothing, just about everything you can think of, causing the cost to go up, remember, supply and demand, low supply translates to higher prices. This immigration issue is bad for this country, It is not our responsibility to keep the gates open forever and reduce the value and drive up the cost for the citizens of this country. Yes for the high majority of us are bred from immigrants, no doubt, but this needs to be controlled immigration, just like EVERY other country has laws, they inforce their's, we enforce our's. We have been spoon fed the BS that this is good and fair, in reality it is only good for politicians and large business, it makes them happy, at the cost, on both ends, of the American workforce, Please show me where I am wrong on this serious issue, thanks in advance.




posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Evidence of this mega problem lies in the employment ads, what at one time were jobs that paid $17 per hour and there were a list of them in construction trades, now show a "competitive wage" at $8. The workers value dropped due to 700+ applicants willing to take the lower pay, only to see that pay buy less in a congested marketplace. I know some people are lazy and complain and this and that, But our laws are being ignored for the fat cat politicians, and the big companies which want cheap labor, it is all at our cost as the working taxpayers, watching our tax dollars support the illegals that may one day have our job.



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
With all of the libritarian and liberals and others on here and no nasty replies of racism or right wing psyco nutjob issues, no one has an alternative view on an issue that is really being shoved down the throat of the legal taxpayers and voters of this under invasion nation, Then how the He** are they getting away with making an unknown # of criminals free citizens, I do not get it, anyone else???



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 


I totally understand where you are coming from. I work with alot of "out of towners" I am becoming the minority...again. BUT, most work places have to hire so many as not to be looked at as prejudice. They also are catered and pampered to, as to avoid a possible law suit. That is what I'm sick of. I out work most of them, and they half ass everything, I get belittled, and cussed out, they get a pat on the back, and a raise...PURE BS at it's finest.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I work in the restaurant industry, at the current place I work we have three illegals. Two dishwashers, and one busser I used to clam to be a very hardcore conservative, no immigrants, healthcare, etc. But when we lost one of our dishwashers 6 months ago and needed a new one it really taught me something, Americans don't really want jobs all that bad, during the month we looked for employees we had three people come in the first two quit halfway through there shift because it was either to hard, or they were to good for the job. The last person was an illegal, walked in the first day asked where everything went and has worked ever since, without a single complaint.

Since I started my job I can count on one hand how many people have come off the street looking for a job, What especially surprises me is the lack of teens coming in looking for a summer job, oh wait never mind were open Friday, and Saturday nights and you mandatorily have to work them, and our culture tells teens that your supposed to go out and have fun on the weekends not work, don't learn good work ethic.

Yes i will agree with you that illegal immigration has caused a drop in hourly wages, but at the same time the American labor work force also isn't as large as it once was. Young adults aren't trying to go for construction jobs and general labor jobs any more. They want to be teachers, and accountants. So now there's a large hole in the workforce that needs to be filled and the general population isn't going to fill it so what do you do? outsource to the only people left capable and in our case that's illegals.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Then they complain about an ailing economy where consumers do not have enough dollars in their fists to consume.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 



Originally posted by teslahowitzer
With all of the libritarian and liberals and others on here and no nasty replies of racism or right wing psyco nutjob issues, no one has an alternative view on an issue that is really being shoved down the throat of the legal taxpayers and voters of this under invasion nation, Then how the He** are they getting away with making an unknown # of criminals free citizens, I do not get it, anyone else???


The Voters Have Spoken



A new poll shows most Americans support allowing illegal immigrants in the country to stay, with the opportunity to become citizens.

Fifty-one percent in a CBS News poll released Monday say illegal immigrants already in the U.S. should be able to remain in the country and apply for citizenship.


Your personal views are your own. You're free to have them.

According to the History of Immigration in the US, our country is following a long history of "changing as we go along" and adapting to new conditions of the world and our population. Old laws no longer apply. Blacks are equal, women can vote, Asians are no longer barred from becoming citizens, etc. We are more inclusive. Fear of "others" is less and less. With this last election, the people spoke. And they disagree with you.

reply to post by thepolish1
 



Originally posted by thepolish1
PURE BS at it's finest.


My thoughts exactly as I read your post.
edit on 1/29/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Does someone else wants to clean toilets?

The only revenge you can do to the illegal is to make then LEGAL and put them thru the things you have to deal with.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08
 





I work in the restaurant industry, at the current place I work we have three illegals. Two dishwashers, and one busser I used to clam to be a very hardcore conservative, no immigrants, healthcare, etc. But when we lost one of our dishwashers 6 months ago and needed a new one it really taught me something, Americans don't really want jobs all that bad, during the month we looked for employees we had three people come in the first two quit halfway through there shift because it was either to hard, or they were to good for the job. The last person was an illegal, walked in the first day asked where everything went and has worked ever since, without a single complaint.


So if you could make $8 an hour washing dishes, or $8 an hour behind the register at a coffee shop, which would you choose? That immigrant worker has no choice. Calling someone a hard worker for doing the only job they can get under the table, doesn't exactly ring true, but is simply a spin on what's actually happening.

The person running the dishwashing machine left his country for a reason, I'm going to guess because it sucks where he used to live. He either washes dishes, or doesn't eat. He works in a kitchen, so he'll get fed, and make a little money to put forth his share of the 10 people living in a 2 bedroom house. He'll probably even get to bring home a pot pie to his sister.

Moral of the story: As long as immigrants stick to the jobs no one else wants to do, nobody will raise a stink. When they start asking for Citizen's rights and taking the jobs people want, without paying the taxes and getting hand outs (7 billion in tax credits), people get angry, which is what is happening here.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
I work in the restaurant industry, at the current place I work we have three illegals. Two dishwashers, and one busser I used to clam to be a very hardcore conservative, no immigrants, healthcare, etc. But when we lost one of our dishwashers 6 months ago and needed a new one it really taught me something, Americans don't really want jobs all that bad, during the month we looked for employees we had three people come in the first two quit halfway through there shift because it was either to hard, or they were to good for the job. The last person was an illegal, walked in the first day asked where everything went and has worked ever since, without a single complaint.

Since I started my job I can count on one hand how many people have come off the street looking for a job, What especially surprises me is the lack of teens coming in looking for a summer job, oh wait never mind were open Friday, and Saturday nights and you mandatorily have to work them, and our culture tells teens that your supposed to go out and have fun on the weekends not work, don't learn good work ethic.

Yes i will agree with you that illegal immigration has caused a drop in hourly wages, but at the same time the American labor work force also isn't as large as it once was. Young adults aren't trying to go for construction jobs and general labor jobs any more. They want to be teachers, and accountants. So now there's a large hole in the workforce that needs to be filled and the general population isn't going to fill it so what do you do? outsource to the only people left capable and in our case that's illegals.



You make a really good point.

Perhaps if it everyone was severely restricted on the free handouts they got for every little thing it would force people, especially the citizens who think they are too good for certain jobs, to get a job and learn a good work ethic or go hungry.

We give way too many handouts to people. You shouldn't be able to be generational receipts of the government's welfare and aide. It should be temporary, less than a year and situational based.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FaithandArms
 


We live in a society where parents think they need to keep their children, i mean little angels protected from everything until they are 22, 23 yrs old. Too much pampering, i do not mean living with you parents, there are many reason why a child old as 22 or 23 would live with parents, illness, tuition, school, etc.. but that said child should help with bills and other things.

Now, i was born in the 80s.. my dad kicked my ass out to get a job at 16 yrs old, it is not because of the money, but to learn how society worked and be responsible, my grandfather was very strict but died before i was born, my dad learned from him.

My first job at 16 yrs old was suppose to a dishwasher but after 2 weeks of learning my social skills and i'm not a illegal, they made me a coat check/receptionist guy at a banquet hall. i worked there for 2 years.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
Who really KNOWS how many Illegal immigrants are in America? 11 million, 20 million? Uncontrolled immigration reduces the real value of the American workforce by diluting and over stocking people. It is a simple supply and demand economics fundimental that is rarely discussed, and it gets worse. As companies get lean and contain the highest cost of doing business, labor, they cut, and unemployment goes up. Underemployment, unemployment, and those who just stop looking all of this is still on the increase, our government will not release the real numbers as the truth would piss most Americans off. On top of all of this, competing for jobs by people who should not be here in the first place ( we have immigration laws, just no enforcement) you are also competing for housing, groceries, transportation, clothing, just about everything you can think of, causing the cost to go up, remember, supply and demand, low supply translates to higher prices. This immigration issue is bad for this country, It is not our responsibility to keep the gates open forever and reduce the value and drive up the cost for the citizens of this country. Yes for the high majority of us are bred from immigrants, no doubt, but this needs to be controlled immigration, just like EVERY other country has laws, they inforce their's, we enforce our's. We have been spoon fed the BS that this is good and fair, in reality it is only good for politicians and large business, it makes them happy, at the cost, on both ends, of the American workforce, Please show me where I am wrong on this serious issue, thanks in advance.


Slave labor makes it here! The corporations know that fuel costs will keep rising so to get cheep labor this is how thay have beaten the high fuel costs! This is no surprise to me, I actually called this 10 years ago! I am surprised it took this long to get this legislation passed! America may eventually become an industrial leader because of this but it will also cause the average salery to decrease, the middleclass to stagnate and decrease but at least the top one percent will get richer! When will the American middle class wake up to realize that we are the enemies of our corporatist fascist government? They only want two classes, those incredibly poor and those extravagantly wealthy! This agenda can no longer be denied and we can only imagine where we will be in 10 years! I expect the population is also under attack with sterilization, disease, as well as chemical and genetic manipulation leading the way to a reduced and managable population! We have been demoralized, stripped of our individuality, integrity and wealth while made to conform through public schooling and ever increasing unjust regulatory legislation! Sorry for the rant and going slightly off topic but this is all related to the topic of immigration!
Thankyou for taking the time to read my reply! Have a good day.
edit on 29-1-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: extra DIV



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


your story is a perfect example of how people should be compared to how they are, you have to start at the bottom in order to move up. You don't always get the cushy job right off the bat (not saying coat check is easy, just saying its a little less messy then dish washing) you have to work for it. I went to school got my associates and graduated top of my class, went out the next week looking for a job thinking I was hot stuff, and was going to get paid top dollar, but every interview I went through they said how much experience do you have, um none. my first job was employee meal cook for a hotel making crap for money 3 years later I'm the sous chef at my current employment and still making a little better then crap for money, working my but off. because i was taught you have to work your way to the top,

what if there isn't a cashiers job killroy? what if its dishwasher or unemployment you think its fine for someone to stay leaching off of the system because they want to hold out for an easier job. I myself would rather work the dish washing job I've done retail and I hate it, I've done manual labor my whole life and I love working hard. I still don't think illegal immigration is right , I equate it to someone breaking into your house and squatting, but as long as Americans think there to good for a job illegal immigration is going to be an issue.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 



Originally posted by teslahowitzer
With all of the libritarian and liberals and others on here and no nasty replies of racism or right wing psyco nutjob issues, no one has an alternative view on an issue that is really being shoved down the throat of the legal taxpayers and voters of this under invasion nation, Then how the He** are they getting away with making an unknown # of criminals free citizens, I do not get it, anyone else???


The Voters Have Spoken



A new poll shows most Americans support allowing illegal immigrants in the country to stay, with the opportunity to become citizens.

Fifty-one percent in a CBS News poll released Monday say illegal immigrants already in the U.S. should be able to remain in the country and apply for citizenship.


Your personal views are your own. You're free to have them.

According to the History of Immigration in the US, our country is following a long history of "changing as we go along" and adapting to new conditions of the world and our population. Old laws no longer apply. Blacks are equal, women can vote, Asians are no longer barred from becoming citizens, etc. We are more inclusive. Fear of "others" is less and less. With this last election, the people spoke. And they disagree with you.

reply to post by thepolish1
 



Originally posted by thepolish1
PURE BS at it's finest.


My thoughts exactly as I read your post.
edit on 1/29/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)


Were you being scarcastic? If you weren't, Thank you very much. I respect others peoples opinions. Where I live at there are quite a few factories. And you can just imagine. As far as whom ever talked about cleaning toilets, I have pride in whatever I do, If my job requires me to clean toilets, so be it. I'm not afraid of hard work, as I have most of my adult life did something in construction. Not an easy road for a woman.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 


Illegal imigration really killed the construction industry. All the programs for internships, journeymen development, craftsmanship, and the like were thrown out the windows when, instead of investing in the long term development of a skilled tradesman, you could simply drive down the street and have a plumber, framer, roofer, or whatever jump into the back of your truck.

Our conception of quality workmanship has been reduced to dollar signs. Who cares if something is built to last, it's gotta' be cheap!



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A few years ago I was in the Portland Oregon area looking for work on foot and I was going anywhere and everywhere to put in applications and I recall one place I went to especially well.

It was a gas station that was completely staffed by hispanics and yet I figured I might have a shot.

Wrong they all looked at me like I was retarded for even asking for an application and were muttering god knows what in spanish "fat chance whiteboy" no doubt.

You see once the tables are turned and you get a group of these other races hoarding out a specific business or whatever they tend to exclude anyone but their own kind.

I just felt like I was not even in America anymore while standing there waiting for my application and like I was just not welcome to pump gas there.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergiana
 


You are correct, you are not in America anymore you are in Corporate America, where the needs of the power groups rule the order of the day.
The same things could be said about outsourcing, companies need a profit margin to uphold, they will do whatever they deem necessary to keep the quota.

Illegal workforce do not have extra work perks, like paid insurance, medical services and the like, while a legal citizen is required to have by law, but then those perks cost money that affect the total profit margin, they have to cut losses somewhere, they rather have slaves than workers.

This is the way things are now, and it does not seem it will get better, our corporate culture has deemed common human sense obsolete.
They are getting rid of the middle man, they want to polarize us even more.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The US Economy is based on capitalism. Just because you are a citizen that in itself does not give you a right to a job.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 


You first have to ask yourself, what is the quality of an American worker?

I can't speak for America, but here in Canada, we have a lot of immigration in higher education fields, because those people are better educated than we are.

Now in the US, most people talk about Mexicans being the problem. The problem is, you guys carved out an entire section of society for them to fill. I dont' mean to be racist or stereotypical but whose gonna grow all that fruit in California?

Whose going to accept the crap wages that people pay to mow their lawns or tend to their houses? You aren't going to pay somebody what amounts to a decent wage to do that, otherwise you would have legal workers that you hired.

So the problem isn't just the government and it's crap policies, or crappy border enforcement. It's also the mentality of Americans towards cheap and plentiful labor.

~Tenth



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer
 


maybe you hit nail on head. immigrants mean employers can pay everyone lower wages. meanwhile their pockets get fatter.





new topics

top topics



 
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join