It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more art by me (Steve Griffith)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Fantastic, really, fantastic. i did a double take when you said one was painted with acrylic on canvas, when i paint that's how I roll, and I couldn't fathom getting the detail and tones you've got in there, you are putting some CG artists to shame with this stuff.

Does Deviant art allow for selling prints? i think you should look into it, I'd have already bought one or two if I saw them in a store here. I was thinking about posting up some of my work, that is not going to happen after seeing these lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

These are awesome! I definitely love the "trippy" aspect of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks a lot man. Prints are sold through deviant art but i prefer fineartamerica.com as they announce your sale so you get some attention and potentially more sales that way i've seen. I need to get a proper website but i keep changing my mind with them.

As for the tones, i use white gesso instead of white paint cuz its brighter, thicker and kindly oily so its good for blending too. I also lay down a layer of white and then some flourescents or something bright after to make it pop. That lightbulb is water colour on white gesso. Air brush acrylics are great but you gotta find a way to work with its wateryness. I gotta go or i'd elaborate more. Thanks a lot!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Awesome talent, would love to be able to do something half as good

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Are they ink or paint, what type of paint or ink?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

hi man, i really enjoyed your art, reminded me of alex gray but with zing! thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Nice stuff looks like you have an Alex Grey influence with a darker twist. I noticed some structural similarities:

You

Alex
and

You

Alex

great stuff!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hi caveman.

Absolutely stunning and fantastic work. You must have some amazing level of patience. Theres no way I could keep pursuing completion of the same piece for a whole year. With me if its not completed in a couple of months it gathers dust forever or gets whitewashed.

How big are these pieces? As another poster also stated, I can't get anywhere near the complexity you have with acrylics, unless of course the canvas/board is the size of a bus.

What dimensions are the first two?

Do you have studio space or somewhere decent for storage? I'm part of a studio collective and even here with canvasses put up and away they are always getting trashed. So now my home is chock full of canvasses and the walls behind them are going mouldy and its spreading to my work.

Anyway, once again fantastic work and thanks for sharing. Don't think I'll be sharing mine anytime soon now after seeing these.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

this is my favorite!
Good work!
edit on 29-1-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Very cool I l really like some of your work! Very mystic and shamanistic! Yeah I said some because I hate TOOL and I hate where it takes my mind a very dark place.

I make skeletons to oddly enough LOL but I am a nut for Halloween.
edit on 29-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow! those are some really great pieces!~ A lot of these should be album covers

I'm always amazed and very appreciative of people that can create this type of artwork. I can't ever get my mind to run free enough to create this kind of work so I'm jealous of people that can. My style tends to be more linear and concise where these samples have a very open and ethereal feel to them.

Great stuff!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You'd be correct in assuming the first two have something in common. I took that painting idea from Alex Grey and basically did my take on it, that's exactly what that painting is supposed to be about.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Mine actually DO gather dust. When I discovered this I thought it reflected my lazyness as an artist!

The first painting is like 24 x 36 inches

The second one is 12 x 24 inches I think.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Great artwork my friend

Im gonna order me a print of the TOOL pic so that I can put it on the wall before your a$$ becomes famous

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

haha awesome. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
'___': A hell of a drug!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great work. Check out some of mine liquidminduk.cgsociety.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Amazing artwork, the first word which came to mind was 'profound'

top topics

<< 1   >>

join