It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Democrats reject bill to allow teachers to carry concealed weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I'm awfully glad I'm not the only one who is taking that from their attitudes.

As a wise Rabbit once said (Beezzer, to be specific. ) "Good for me but not for thee". Yes, indeed. That would seem to be exactly what they think. It was insulting enough when it was one adult to another and they just figured OUR lives weren't worth as much. It's getting out of hand as that apparent mindset is directed toward our 'lower class' children, as it were.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Good points you've been making here! I will even grant the folks on the other side of this issue that it's not really fair to include the Schools the actual top leaders send their kids to. The President, Speaker, Senate Majority Leader and a handful of others are in the National Command Authority chain and actually could have international attention aimed at their kids...so in those cases, I almost say they ought to have private tutors for the safety of the kids they attend with, but at least they have security at that top level.

They rest though?? You're absolutely right. Just what enormous threat are a freshman congressman's kid's under or a Governor or State House Rep? They have issues...but as you've noted, don't we ALL have issues and that is the whole point.

They shouldn't have the luxury of no concerns to their kid's school being a target (or at least a successful one) while the best we get are idiot school districts in California packing M-16 rifles on the surplus program or whatever deal they have with Colt there to get those rifles at a mere $1,000 a copy. If THEY need security well then our kids are no less special and unique than theirs and I resent how their attitude actually DOES imply the opposite when you think about it, huh?

edit on 29-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

The last few posts have given me a new angle to consider in this debate....

Does anyone know, whether the children of high ranking political figures, receive Secret Service protection, or just increased security, overall? If the SS is involved in a portion of those duties, is their job to defend those children in an active shooter situation, or to remove the children from the threat, leaving all of the other children behind?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The bill is not a requirement for all teachers to carry a gun. It's a bill to allow teachers who are capable and willing to carry them. There is a big difference that most posters here are unable to comprehend.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Excellent news, well done Colorado.

<< 1   >>

join