It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
if area 51 is so secret, what about areas 1 through 50? Are there other "areas"?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
area 51 is a top secret place . and the whole thing is under ground based .
my thought is that area 51 is a research facility about extraterrestrial things.
i might be wrong , but i have a question why the military is guarding that empty field so carefully.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think all "areas" have names ( don't know any ) aswell as area xyz. But I think Area 51's name isn't known (by the public) so it is just refered to as area 51. Area's 1 through 51 probably have names, most of them are probably just military bases.

I don't actually know, I'm just guessing, but it's what I've always thought

but i have a question why the military is guarding that empty field so carefully.

Maybe there is just a rare species of grass.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Maybe Area 51 is just an empty base in the middle of the desert that is heavily guarded.

An imaginary place created to give people like us an imaginary view of government operations.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Maybe Area 51 is just an empty base in the middle of the desert that is heavily guarded.

An imaginary place created to give people like us an imaginary view of government operations.

I wonder what that kind of illusion would cost for the US taxpayers, considering there is always half an army stationed there, new runways, tons of new structures and constantly improved security.

Just the cost of scrambling fighters to keep aircrafts away from this bogus base boggles my mind

[edit on 30-10-2004 by merka]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
maybe area 51 is the 51st state, but it's not a physical real they've discovered so it's an area, area of study, area of transport....into other realms.....51...??

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

that would be a trip...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
if area 51 is so secret, what about areas 1 through 50? Are there other "areas"?

The name Area 51 actually comes from a map system that had that area labeled as 51. the map was sectioned off in squares, and each square was labled with a number. It just so happens that Area 51, fell on the 51'st square on the map. Hence the name Area 51. There are no areas 1-50.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Read UFO Headquarters by Susan Wright i believe. im planning on goin to Area 51 myself. Unfortunately i hear any and all alien/alien craft has been moved to some other place in ohio or something. Check the forum 'government facilities.' read that book too. I dono its weird, im a little skeptical about there being aliens and stuff there but things are kind of fishy. ACcording to ufo headquarters, FEMA works there with their own headquarters ( federal emergency management agency? ill look that up) and when asked why so heavily guarded, government says, just a matter of national security...?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
also in that book, there was a reported incident where a farmer saw a long rod in the sky about 300 feet long and 30 feet off the ground i think. he said two large doors opened on the underside and a red wire came down and got one of his cows by the neck and and took him in and left. the next morning his neighbor had a cows head and hind legs in his front yard. pretty sweet eh.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia helps.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is there an area 52? I'm sure there is...I'm sure there are areas we can't even see but they are they....cloaking and such.......maybe there is an areay in everyone's home they control.....like the TV.....or even in your HEAD

00PS

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading before on ATS that Area 51 was just a designated area of Nellis Test Range, and the range has other areas,with oither designators.
Area 51 also isn't just an empty airfield, as can be seen from the sat photos (use google) and posts made by other members living in Nevada. It is used to develop top secret aircraft, such as the stealth jets (which didn't need help from aliens to make, stealth is just a simple way of deflecting and absorbing radio waves). That is why it is guarded so carefully.

BTW, this should have been posted in Military Facilities. And, don't forget the search function.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What strikes me as funny-my unique sence of humor- is the show that I first learned about area-51 showed satalite maps from Russian satalites.

Ok, sorry, but that is the truth-if it is a secret base-it is the worlds worest kept secret-imo

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
What strikes me as funny-my unique sence of humor- is the show that I first learned about area-51 showed satalite maps from Russian satalites.
Ok, sorry, but that is the truth-if it is a secret base-it is the worlds worest kept secret-imo

True. Not very secret wen you consider most people in the western world have probably heard of it somehow,lol

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouldy_punk
But I think Area 51's name isn't known (by the public) so it is just refered to as area 51.

Of what I've heard, Area 51 is called Lake Groom, or The Ranch. Other than that, I don't know what kind of name you want them to give it. It's probably just easier for them to label all these areas by number, instead of having to remember, "Hmm what was that one base called? Roscario... no it was Roscartio..." and all that.

Originally posted by arijit
area 51 is a top secret place . and the whole thing is under ground based .
my thought is that area 51 is a research facility about extraterrestrial things.
i might be wrong , but i have a question why the military is guarding that empty field so carefully.

I agree with you on the part about it being underground. But the thing about the ETs... I too, think that there is some sort of alien activity going on in there, but we do know for a fact that Area-51 is used as an aircraft test facility. We know that the Blackbird was developed and tested there. So although there may be a lot that we don't know about the on-goings of Area-51, there is also a lot that we do know.

One other thing, Area-51 is not just an empty field. It has the worlds longest runway. There's a thread around here somewhere with a very close and detailed satelite image of it. Although a lot of stuff goes on underground, there is a whole facility above ground. So people are mostly suspicious about that.

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Josh Man]

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Josh Man]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Question:

Why do we have to start an entirely new thread to ask where area 1-50 are? Why not just ask this in one of the 500 other Area 51 threads that have already been started? This topic is sooooooo beaten to death!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
WOW, MAYBE AREA51 IS ACTUALLY AREA 52. YOU NEVER KNOW.

top topics

join