It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 2 of 5 home invaders shot in Fairborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
hi all

just saw this breaking.

Just another good example of why we need our guns.. 5 people stormed their house and the homeowner shot two of them..

God only knows what the hell these 5 guys were gonna do, and if that guy did not have his gun he would probably be dead right now

Really no other info yet

www.whiotv.com...

Two people were home at the time when five people stormed into the house with the intent to assault or rob the homeowner, according to Fairborn Sgt. Paul Hicks.

One of the residents was injured in the struggle. Hicks said two of the home invaders were shot. One victim was found with life threatening injuries inside the home and the other was found nearby on the street.

Police said officers detained the three other alleged home invaders for questioning.

Hicks said investigators are obtaining a search warrant for the home.

“It’s going to be a long night for the detectives,” Hicks said. “We’re investigating it as an aggravated burglary or robbery. We don’t know what the motive was at this point.”

www.newstalkradiowhio.com...

Two people were shot this afternoon when a resident decided to fight back in an apparent home invasion on Victoria Avenue.

Emergency crews and police responded to the 1000 block of Victoria at around 5 p.m

edit on 28-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I am betting the 3 that were fastest are the ones that got out alive and without any holes in them. Good for the homeowner. That is what they would get barging into my place but I think when they saw my laser on them they would back out pretty quickly.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why is it anytime an article about any of the many mass shootings or an accidental gun death comes out its a propaganda piece by people trying to disarm you yet when stories like this are shown its just news

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Geez, five invaders?

About three years ago there was a similar invasion around here. Crime is virtually nonexistent so it was a big deal and still is talked about like the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Turns out some idiot druggies either got a wrong address or just bunk info and decided to kick in this poor guys door for all the drugs/money he allegedly had.

Of course he had nothing.

He was able to kill one of the intruders before the other three took off. All were eventually captured when one of the druggies drugged up girlfriends call the cops to see if her boyfriend was in the hospital the next day.

You dont have to be involved in any shady activity to be made a target of shady actors.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Why the need for a search warrant for the home? Weren't they the victims? Does this happen in all home invasion cases?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Alright you anti-gun morons. "Why would anyone need a semiauto rifle?". Here's your answer. Marauding gangs. Its a damn shame he didn't get all 5.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
UPDATE

video at the link

If you dont have a gun when these guys kick in your door, you are screwed....

www.whiotv.com...

FAIRBORN —

One of two people shot in an apparent home invasion in Fairborn Monday evening has died.

Police responded to the 1000 block of Victoria Avenue around 5 p.m. after five people reportedly stormed into the house with the intent to rob the residents, according to Fairborn Sgt. Paul Hicks.

Two Wright State University students were home when the intruders entered. The men ordered one of the students to the ground with a plastic gun. That victim was assaulted during a struggle and called out for his roommate. The second resident grabbed a gun to confront the intruders.

Two of the five alleged home invaders were shot. Ta’Vaun Fambrough, 19, was shot in the chest and taken to an area hospital, where he later died. Anthony Barwick II, 20, was shot in the leg. He was been treated and released from the hospital.

Deron McGuire Jr. 23, London Norman, 23, Barwick and Tavaughn Lewis, 20, are all in police custody and face possible charges of aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery and kidnapping.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Well, now I know it's a fabricated story. We all know college kids are too irresponsible to handle firearms. The MSM and uncountable talking heads have told me as much. If one of those students really did have a gun he would have only shot and injured himself and his roommate.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

If five guys kicked my door in? I won't guarantee they'd be dead, but I would guarantee they won't be walking away either.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hicks said a small amount of drugs was found in the house and that may have been the reason the home was targeted.

Hmmmm...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I did not guarantee they would be dead but I will say that a laser site on your chest might make most people reconsider their attack plans and back the heck out of my place.

top topics

join