It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scanned without Consent: NYPD places full body scanners on the streets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Can someone get Bloomberg out of office?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A Long, Long time ago. In an America far, far different. People wouldn't have put up with this BS. The government keeps putting restrictions on us, its about time we put some on them. They need a healthy dose of their own medicine. They lack being put in their place, and they need a reality check.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'l believe this .. when .. no less than 50 New Yorkers that got scanned post up on ATS with pics..

otherwise..

Pics or it aint happening and it's pure fear mongering .. and because it's on RT .. IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE !! They all say it's true .. it must be true .. !

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
this is absolutley an invasion of privacy, and sheds more light on how this upcoming police state will operate. i think if these jerks have acces to seeing through my clothing and or what i have on me, i think all civilians should be issued shades or some form of the same thing, so we can identify "dangerous people" or "potential threats" for ourselves. big brother is watching, so i gave em the finger !

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's pricey but not punitive to construct a jammer for this thing.

I'm pretty sure the FCC rulings on THz are pretty vague, since it abuts IR.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
I'l believe this .. when .. no less than 50 New Yorkers that got scanned post up on ATS with pics..

otherwise..

Pics or it aint happening and it's pure fear mongering .. and because it's on RT .. IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE !! They all say it's true .. it must be true .. !

you realize whoever is being scanned, probably doesnt know it. and i am damn sure the police arent going to just give you a copy of the scan as a souvenier from the time they "invaded your privacy" and if this scanner crap is really true, i hope people fight back by everyone carrying weird stuff in there pockets to send up red flags to these fear-mongering lunatics!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

otherwise..

Well, it's true. I don't need 50 New Yorkers, because I understand the tech and the company that's doing it. There are also low-flying blimps that can scan for biggish sidearms, but not real small ones. Yet.

it's pretty sensitive, and that means you can detect when it's happening, and screw with the return. It's got a "sidelobe" issue, you can fill the screen with lots of pretty sparklies. They'll know it's being jammed but won't know from where.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So much for any trips to NY with my family. They should rename the Statue of Liberty if they're going to leave it in NY.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

otherwise..

This isn't so new if you have been paying even a little attention.. My post on the bottom of page 2 shows links to at least 3 different versions of the technology.. There are versions that are small enough to be put into a cell phone..

get 50 members to post pictures with you and then all post them here, so that I can know that you exist otherwise you're just a bot to me until you prove it.. Right??

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Can someone get Bloomberg out of office?

No, he still has important work to do.

I heard he will ban Popsicles next, because they have sticks in them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
HAHAHA i agree with you, they shiould rename it to the statue of tyranny! its perfect, maybe even put obamas face on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This should not be happening in so called free democracies. These intrusions into individual liberty and privacy are getting worse by the day. Absolutely appalling.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tearuone

Our freedom was sold for their security.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Police state. We are being introduced bit by bit to the idea of being safer when they really just want more reasons to invade privacy and citizens rights. The theories are starting to look more like facts.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Suck it up New Yorkers, you voted for this administration now lay in it!

While you statement is correct and I agree, I have to disagree at the same time. It really is screwed up how NYC is the model for the state and controls the laws for the entire state. Example, I live 500 miles from NYC yet everything that Bloomberg fantasizes about becomes law even here. Last time I checked my local mayor didn't introduce legislation that effected residents of NYC. They need to be cut loose from the state, and made their own. Many have complained about this in the past now it's high time it happens. I know I am exaggerating slightly but am I?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

While you statement is correct and I agree, I have to disagree at the same time. It really is screwed up how NYC is the model for the state and controls the laws for the entire state. Example, I live 500 miles from NYC yet everything that Bloomberg fantasizes about becomes law even here. Last time I checked my local mayor didn't introduce legislation that effected residents of NYC. They need to be cut loose from the state, and made their own. Many have complained about this in the past now it's high time it happens. I know I am exaggerating slightly but am I?

Sound like a king in his kingdom.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Sound like a king in his kingdom.
Also reminds me of Caesar in Rome...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Time for New Yorkers to keep a toy gun wrapped in tin foil in their pockets. Remember not to cover up the orange tip.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

i fear such a jape could end badly.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel so much safer. We are making some good progress here folks. Freedom here we come!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join