It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scanned without Consent: NYPD places full body scanners on the streets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Across the country, people are begging for new ways to prevent another Sandy Hook incident from happening again. Now, the New York City Police Department has sprung into action and are planning on using the latest technology called "Terahertz Imaging Detection," the device scans people who are suspected of caring a firearm without their knowledge. Danny Panzella from Truth Squad TV weighs in.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
rt.com...
www.metro.us...

Developed by DoD apparently

1984 is here.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FistOfFreedom because: embed picture

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Its use would change the definition of concealed weapon to some degree.

When done in public, without consent, could it be construed as an unlawful search?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Newyork is quickly becoming a model police state. I fear the other states are not far behind.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
so there it is, you can be stopped and searched if you have something gun shaped in your pocket, as alleged 'probable cause'
This is bs plain and simple

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sounds almost as bad as their stop and frisk tactics. NYPD dont give a crap about constitutional rights. The US is going to hell in a hand basket. Cant wait until these are on every street all over the country.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Do they really have a need? I can see the need at airports, but on the street?

The thing that worries me is the word "Terahertz" in the name, terahertz waves tear apart DNA.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FistOfFreedom

So now rather than having an option to get cancer in the Airports or been molested they are going to give cancer while you walk in the streets, without the option to be molested, indeed NY is becoming like nazi Germany, I thought NYorkers had more backbone and didn't took crap from anybody. It seems that people in NY are getting their water tamper with because they are just bending over more and more for the mobsters and nazis running their state.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
S & F

This is unbelievable. The TSA screening is one thing (and a whole other discussion) where you know that if you want to get on a plane you'll have your privacy invaded. But this? If you go outside you'll be screened! 1984 indeed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I just love the idea of everyone exclaiming that "we will be safer".
Or "These devices will improve your safety and prevent more crime".
As if every time you walk out the door, you have something to fear.
Who are you scared of? Who do you fear!? Everything?
Good grief! If you don't feel safe then learn self-defense or carry a weapon!
Don't allow this country to rely on privacy intrusion devices like the one in the video!

I really don't even accept New York as a state or city anymore.
They gave up their American status with the elimination of guns.

Each time I see something like this, I get more and more frustrated.
Every new measure for "security" is a step away from liberty.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

so there it is, you can be stopped and searched if you have something gun shaped in your pocket, as alleged 'probable cause'
This is bs plain and simple

NYC, already has a stop and frisk program, where the police can just pick you at random and search you. No probable cause, nothing.........

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What needs done is for a person to start a company making metal shapes that are not guns but would send out the image as if it was. I'd carry one just to protest against this illegal search procedure.

Take that coppers.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

HA, I'd do it ALL the time.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Then scream rape

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Since the links provided are from early 2012..Wondering if therr is any new info about these being used?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They have turned half or more of the people into pathetic "replica persons.."
Television has made 1984 a real possibility as they carry on social engineering your future while deconstructing the sanctity of your person...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
if this thing becomes portable, then you are one step closer to a tri-corder.

add another piece of technology to the list of star trek visions from gene roddenberry.

i think is safe to say roddenberry was the 20th century nostradamus, but instead of quatrains, paper and ink, he used television.

e=mc2. when we can safely convert matter into energy and that energy back to the original matter, then you have a transporter that can send you distances at the speed of light.

to convert matter into energy, you have to accelerate matter to the speed of light squared. an extremely fast speed.

to say that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light would make this equation wrong. because then energy can't exist or vice versa.

einstein put down a challenge. we know his equation is right. the challenge is to over come what he said was impossible.

edit on 28-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I’m sure there is a good way to use this technology I just do not think it should be used the way they are wanting to.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We always look forward new technology, to think it won't be used is pretentious.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Who would of thought 2013 would be the year we reverted back to 1984. This is unconstitutional in more ways than one, and should serve as a wake up call to those who say, we are reading too far into recent government activities. The agenda they have is crystal clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join