It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: Democrats Must Respect Gun Rights, Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yay, Bill Clinton!!!!
Finally, some one with some sense.

Clinton, speaking to a group of Democrats at the Obama National Finance Committee Saturday, said gun control gets a special emotional response from people in rural states, and dismissing pro-gun arguments can backfire.

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said, Politico reported.

“A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. “I know because I come from this world."

SOURCE

Some polls say that the public supports proposals for increased gun control, Politico reports, but Clinton said emotions will rule when it comes to legislation on gun control.

“All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,” Clinton said.

Wonder if this is the reason for Obama's bizarre remark about skeet shooting.....

They need to put all this emotion energy towards Health Issues and enforce the gun laws that are already in place.
Or they may lose in the long run, Democrats own guns too.

NOTE: Did a search and did not see this......sorry if there is one, just remove.
edit on 28-1-2013 by snarky412 because: Wrong word usage....thx Alxandro

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, I finally agree with Bill about something.
Op, I agree with you too, except for one thing because I think we need to get rid of all aspects of "emotion".

That's the cause of everything that is wrong with society today, and it needs to STOP!
It's like we constantly need to watch what we say and everything we do because it might hurt somebody's feeling, and that needs to STOP!

The root of the problem is we have all been conditioned to base everything on EMOTION, and no longer on LOGIC.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wish he had kept his mouth shut. I was enjoying this political suicide from the Democrats. Hopefully they won't listen to him and continue the assault.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hey, I finally agree with Bill about something. Op, I agree with you too, except for one thing because I think we need to get rid of all aspects of "emotion".

You are quite right, so I changed my wording to "energy"....
They need to use common sense, not emotions on issues like this.

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sounds to me like someone is smart enough to save face.

I really doubt he cares either way

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Bill Clinton is a smart guy. He's still Skull and Bones, but a smart man never the less. What makes a smart person? When in power, they know how to make both sides win, reaping the spoils on all fronts instead of one.

In a nutshell this video said to me "Back when I was president, I made a big mistake on gun control. You should learn from my mistake."

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I think what Clinton is trying to tell Obama and others in his party "If you want to get anything else done in your second term, back off on this. It cost me both the House and the Senate." Not a chance that the Democrats take the House if they pass anything like Swinestien's bill, and it will probably cost them the Senate too.

If I were the GOP leadership in the Senate I'd allow a vote on this new bill as written so I could get as many Democrats as possible on record. I don't know if it would pass the Senate as written, but it would be great to get as many Senators as possible on record with a vote. I doubt anything at all like this bill would even be allowed for a vote in the House. Get them on record and use it against them in 2014.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I think what Clinton is trying to tell Obama and others in his party "If you want to get anything else done in your second term, back off on this. It cost me both the House and the Senate." Not a chance that the Democrats take the House if they pass anything like Swinestien's bill, and it will probably cost them the Senate too.

That's what I think too.
Now whether or not Obama listens and takes heed is another story. He's so smug, one can never tell if he'll take the advice [warning] or not.

new topics

top topics

join