It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Today's Tech to produce FALSE advertising.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Guys,

I don't know if everyone has seen a particular ad that I am talking about.

Tiger woods tee's off against a formula one car at the monaco gp circuit....

You see the ball flying through many windows, signs etc as the formula 1 car tries to beat the ball around the track...

I'll let you watch the end.. I don't want to spoil it.

My point to all this is.....That this type of computer generation is providing a hell of alot of false advertising, there is no way a golf ball can do all those things.. there is no way any man..even tiger woods can hit a ball that fast and far....

I play off a modest handicap of 7.. I look for any advantage that will make me better my game... But to show people that golf equipment can do these sort of things is misleading... And in my opinion it's a down right greedy money making sham.

Think of all the kids that grow up saying I want to play golf like tiger woods..... Tee up... Stub the ball 2 metres and give up cause the ball didn't go as far as what it did on the TV.

Your thoughts guys?

Chris

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Formula 1 racing is definetly cooler then golf.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
...and GI Joe action figures or Barbie dolls don't walk and talk either. This is nothing new. Same concepts, better technology.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Actually I wonder what a chronograph would read for Tigers golfball hits. I know they can move though, probably 0-60 in less than a second. Baseball players have been known to throw in excess of onehundred MPH.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You're actually missing the REAL real-time modifications.

Sometime, sit down and look at a baseball game. Notice the ad at home plate behind the batter. Now, wait till the next commercial and come back in again and look at the ad.

It's different.

It's not done with ball boys scampering out and changing it. That's done digitally, real-time. And you can't tell it because it integrates seamlessly with the position of the batter, the catcher, the umpire, the ball, and so forth.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Baseball...what is this baseball you speak of??? If it involves big man charging head on at each other breaking noses and such then I would watch it...

Seriously though we don't get much yank baseball over here....But we do get alot of the tennis and such.. I think some advertising on the nets in tennis is digital... Also Cricket ground caretakers are getting sneaky with there advertising on the ground.. they angle it just right so it looks HUGE on the tv..but actualy at the ground it looks way out of proportion and down right silly.

Chris

new topics

top topics

join