It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where The Peoples Power Really Lay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The idea that anyone would be able to resist our government now with guns is just ridiculous.
But further fighting amongst ourselves keeps us well enslaved and powerless.

History proves your statement incorrect. There are 21.5 million veterans in America and they are quickly becoming fed up. In 1946 American veterans ran the politicians out of town with guns and dynamite. The news spread like wildfire across America and towns effected their own change in their local tyrannical governments. Eleanor Roosevelt applauded the action and wrote a piece on the event that every American should read. Real change does not have to start in Washington and does not have to include death. The threat of such does make a difference. Not many Americans know of this battle, but it changed their lives.

patriotpost.us...

Eleanor Roosevelt's take on the matter.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is no problem for me. I'm already barely hanging on with the essentials, let alone the luxury items. I can barely afford to buy groceries each month and pay my bills. I don't have cable tv or the internet at my house. I have to go to the library, school, or use my cell phone. Speaking of cell phones, I took years to get a smart phone and just got buy with a non smartphone for a few years after my plan ended. I only recently upgraded because I found out that I can pay the same amount I was paying for my old pay as you go plan as I would with a smart phone.

However as a veteran and someone who is used to going with minimal stuff for long periods of time I've always been able to recognize the useless things in society and not become dependent on them. Its really not that hard once you get used to it. Heck my mom used to be completely dependent on cable tv and now doesn't need it to watch nearly as much television as she used to (she still watches some with an antenna but your options are very limited with that).

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The only way change will come is if somebody with influence or great charisma stands against the der fuhrer and his regime. This person needs to be able to withstand a massive assault from propaganda to assassination attempts. He also needs to have the means that would show the rest of the People in the U.S. that they have a fighting chance.

Marine General James N. Mattis would be a good candidate to lead this IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

www.goodreads.com...

Right now the guns are assumed to be used in the kind of situation quoted above.

I agree that all real power is economic. No revolution can succeed without an economic solution to go with it.

All of the people choosing to use an economic system that suits a revolution would cause the revolution, with conflict as a side effect and the out come inevitable.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
This is no problem for me. I'm already barely hanging on with the essentials, let alone the luxury items. I can barely afford to buy groceries each month and pay my bills. I don't have cable tv or the internet at my house. I have to go to the library, school, or use my cell phone. Speaking of cell phones, I took years to get a smart phone and just got buy with a non smartphone for a few years after my plan ended. I only recently upgraded because I found out that I can pay the same amount I was paying for my old pay as you go plan as I would with a smart phone.

However as a veteran and someone who is used to going with minimal stuff for long periods of time I've always been able to recognize the useless things in society and not become dependent on them. Its really not that hard once you get used to it. Heck my mom used to be completely dependent on cable tv and now doesn't need it to watch nearly as much television as she used to (she still watches some with an antenna but your options are very limited with that).

Gutenberg.org has almost every book written before 1900 for free as a text file download.

www.gutenberg.org...

The Von Mises Institute also has some of its books, audio, and video available for download onto flash drives. History, economics and philosophy here.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Where the real power lies is not reacting to their game ploys, and growing up more. Stop blaming the poor and disabled. Real systems and countries with the highest standard of living like Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Japan even, look after their own, Canada too.

Its not Left and Right. Stop being divided.

Its what we do that counts. If you have gifts, land, garage, tools, and many do, join up with others and start to create aquaponics, start to think of homeless, and land donation and aquaponics there (with homes on wheels and yurts), and small businesses to start, start to care, have a heart and connect to people and get working on solving the things government isn't doing, create free enterprise by buying from each other, not monopolies, have think tanks, and meet with each other, start to become a real civlian government, on local levels and get rid the bylaws regarding use of land so the people can start to shine their lights. Do the right thing. The PTB will get the message.

Don't budge, don't yield, do not follow bad orders or pseudo laws. But start to flex organizational people skills.

Not reacting. Standing togehter, but doing stuff, being proactive.

So the economy can't crash. Take the best ideologies out of all the political spectrums (government always talks the best ideologies and enacts the worst).

Flow with your infinite selves, higher self energy, Family above and Power of Love/God/Goodness energy. It takes having a heart and thinking of others to do this of course. The other side, the heartless me first, greed side, is the anti christ energy.

No one wants to stand up in a revolution with selfish me oriented people. Think.

Be Water My Friend! - Bruce Lee Remix

Be water my friend!!!! Here is the real Neo! Not the entertainment rubbish version which was a message to xion, and just fun and games to the masses.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My normal method of creating threads ( other than BTS chit chat and rant threads ) is customarily to do a lot of research, seek out a number of seemingly legitimate sources ( the best available on any given subject ), use those sources to provide what I feel to be enough supporting external content to offer proof to my assertions, and then to find a number of pictures and create a banner - because, honestly, threads with pictures, banners, and a few Youtube vids really do seem to get more traffic. Today I am neglecting all of those steps and am going to approach things differently. Today I am simply going to consolidate a few thoughts I've posted elsewhere, in various threads, into one cohesive idea. It will be short, concise, and about as plain as it can be. So please forgive me if you're a fan of the shiny things. Today I want the idea to matter - not the wrapping.

So, for once you admit that normally it's all about the wrapping, and that it is your method to use shiny things to garner a lot of flags and attention from the lemmings.

And it just doesn't get you the flags you usually get.

Telling.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I guess I should have specified that I was speaking of present. Current conditions.
Do you think that could be successful today??
I do not.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The overall premise of your thread is correct; the most immediate effect that the People could make is through their wallets, but that is not where the real power lies. The shift from "all political power is derived from the People" to "we have power of the wallet" is debasing and depriving the People of their true power in my opinion.

I will agree with your notion that the cries of protecting against a tyranny are a bit misplaced (I cringe at looking towards Jefferson as a role model of liberty), but it ultimately is much more philosophical than most people actually think.

With a slow and tedious march from a central government to extract that power from the People; and in some cases it has been willfully relinquished; nearly all has been transferred to the Federal Government. Leaving the People with the "power of the wallet" and the illusion of the vote in its current form.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

It's a shame this thread didn't get the attention it deserves. Guess you were right about people liking their 'shiny' wrappings.

UGH If I spend any less, things around here are gonna get pretty messy

I love, love, love it

And, yes, I see the pieces fit too

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sorry, wrong thread.

edit on 2-2-2013 by OmniPotential because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join