It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
According to the Caldwells it is in/on/near/ the real Mt. Sinai

www.youtube.com...

Personally I think that it was taken/destroyed by the Romans
edit on 29/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

WOW!

Well that was...something.

It could be very possible that the Ark is simply just a BOX. There really is no solid concrete proof that is anything but.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There are currently 21,600 videos (Jan 29th, 2013)on this via BING-GOOGLE Searches. Considering all the 2 hr specials on it in the last couple years...and all the youtube videos...I'd say this thread is moot and without real merit.

Research by the OP needs to be done before he can/should speculate. (No offense meant)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Who cares, it's just a piece of wood that had a false significance ascribed to it by a bunch of delusional nomads who went around killing each other if they picked up sticks on Saturday. Look for the wooden box all you want, but I assure you, it possesses no magical powers. Probably has a lot of moss and termites, though.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant is probably sitting in someone's attic covered with dust. I'm pretty sure the gold would have been combined with other metals and be a brassy color.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by Dryson

The ark of the covenant was found by Ron Wyatt in Jerusalem in the early 1990's after being directed by God to excavate a particular cave structure. The Jewish authorities tried to remove the artifact but seeing that they have rejected Jesus' sacrifice for them, they weren't protected by God when they tried to touch and remove it. All 6 guys (in full Levi robes) suffered from double strokes and were heard crying out in terror over the CB radios they were had with those outside.

If you are hell bent on wanting to see the ark before that time then I would say be prepared to be killed in the process, if your curiosity really that high to warrant your death along the way...probably not.
edit on 28-1-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

Robot with a camera. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

If you look into the crap quality of the pictures that people have tried to take of it then lets just say God knows how to play tricks on people with a camera as well....sorry technology isn't defeating God prematurely on this one!

It will be worth the wait when it is presented properly to the world though so don't be too downhearted. The timing is very important.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

Who cares where the Ark is?

If it is that important, why not build your own. The instructions are right there in the bible.*

*Knowledge of how to safely deal with DC electricity is highly recommended.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If you are hell bent on wanting to see the ark before that time then I would say be prepared to be killed in the process, if your curiosity really that high to warrant your death along the way...probably not.
edit on 28-1-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

Yes. I accept your terms. Tunnel 375 you said?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oak island, or some people call it Money pit. An absolutley amazing island, with a shaft that goes way way down, and No one has been able to get to the bottom because it is rigged with booby traps, and floods with salt water from secret passages to the oceans.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
WTH is wrong with you people? OP presents an inquiry. We get a good concersation going, then are invaded by

1) God did it and I know where it is.

2) I don't care.

3) This thread is moot because there are a lot of YouTube videos on it.

God did it? Whatever you say, bud, but you're going to have to put some of that forgiveness of yours in practice of the rest of us don't buy off on whatever crazy thing you believe.

To those who don't care please understand that NOBODY CARES if you don't care. The fact tghat you don;t care is irrelevant. Go back to sleep.

YouTube videos trump ATS??? You mean "Leave Britney alone" has superior quality? Tell me you weren't snorting out your nose when you wrote that.

At least the God people are on topic here. For the rest of you, have the common decency to allow those of us who are interested in the subject to discuss it without all this trolling. You're adding nothing to the discussion and simply disrupting it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
WTH is wrong with you people? OP presents an inquiry. We get a good concersation going, then are invaded by

1) God did it and I know where it is.

2) I don't care.

God did it? Whatever you say, bud, but you're going to have to put some of that forgiveness of yours in practice of the rest of us don't buy off on whatever crazy thing you believe.

To those who don't care please understand that NOBODY CARES if you don't care. The fact tghat you don;t care is irrelevant. Go back to sleep.

YouTube videos trump ATS??? You mean "Leave Britney alone" has superior quality? Tell me you weren't snorting out your nose when you wrote that.

At least the God people are on topic here. For the rest of you, have the common decency to allow those of us who are interested in the subject to discuss it without all this trolling. You're adding nothing to the discussion and simply disrupting it.

I accept that. Mea culpa.

Though I think I did contribute. The instructions are right there in the bible... But I apologize.

And, to contribute. I will say that I put a lot more stock in the Ethiopia theory when genetic test results proved that the "Black Jews" of Africa are in fact actual descendants of Abraham. If I remember correctly, there is a genetic marker which is present in the genetic code of the Cohanim, the priest-class of the Jewish religion, but which is not present in the other prominent bloodlines of that time and region... but which *IS* present among certain families of the Ethiopian Jewish community.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by Dryson

www.covenantkeepers.co.uk...

Thanks JesuitGarlic........................you leave little for me to add except for the high recommendation to read Ron Wyatt's research which is mind blowing and completely lead of God.

It all makes the most amount of sense in this entire planet when you connect the dots.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Wow what an awesome article to read!! Thanks for this......You won't get many stars for it though, anything that has things line up according to the bible doesn't go well around here.......The other way, yeah you would have 50 stars by now....

Great read, great addition, thank you!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Hi Blue--

There seems to be no mention of the 'ark of the Testimony / ark of the Covenant' after the time of Manasseh whose Baalite priesthood scared away the Yahwists who fled to Elephantine Island in Egypt c,. 660 BCE here they built a small shrine in imitation of the Jerusalem temple - the yahwistic ruins are still there (the shrine existed until c. 400 CE) and may have housed at least one copy of the 'ark'.

If it managed to survive up until Babylonian times (invaded 587 BCE), the Ark was certainly long gone (melted down?) after the Persians invaded (c. 530 BCE), or after the Greeks invaded (c. 331 BCE) and long before the Romans invaded (Pompey, 63 BCE).

Read the Greek 3rd Book of Ezra (=1 Esdras) suggests that Babylonians "...took the holy vessels of YHWH, both great and small, and the ark of ELOLHIM and all the treasury belonging to the King and carted them off to Babylon." (1 Esdras 1:54)

In Rabbinic Literature, the final location of the Ark is disputed some rebbes suggesting that it must have been carried off to Babylon, while others believe that it was hidden beneath Mt Moriah somewhere so that it might not be taken away and melted down by the invading Babylonians.

But there is merit to the idea that the Ark was carried away long before the Babylonians got to it - and there must have been a fairly ancient preExilic shrine (i.e. pre 587 BCE) at the Elephantine island site (built to house the Ark?) since an ancient paleo Hebraic plaque was found there stating 'this holy place is dedicated to Yahweh & his Asherah' (i..e. the goddess wife of YHWH) prior to Ezra's reforms c. 440 BCE when the 'Yahweh alone' cult took over. ('Hear o Yisro'el, YHWH is our clan-god, YHWH alone' i.e. Shemaq o Yisroel YHWH elohenu, YHWH echad) i.e. no other gods but YHWH - the phrase is mistranslated in modern bibles in English as 'The Lord our God the Lord is One' which is a faulty translation both grammatically and syntactically.

At Axum in Ethiopia (St Mary's Church) there is a regular procession of what they consider to be the True Ark - but what may well be an ancient copy of the original(s) - not sure how many were actually made - but the lid (kapporeth, aka the Mercy Seat or Seat of Chesed ) would have weighed several hundred pounds if it really was made of pure gold.

www.youtube.com...

But see Jer. 3:16, written around BCE 570 which spoke of some time around then when the Ark will no longer be talked about or be made again:

"And it shall come to pass that when you are again multiplied and the land again becomes fruitful - those who speak the word of YHWH will never again mention 'The Ark of the Covenant of YHWH' for such a thing will never come to their mind to utter: nor with they even recall it: it will not be used any more."

Which suggests by the time of Jeremiah and the Babylonian captivity, the Ark was already gone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

That was an excellent contribution to this thread, Sigismundus. Star.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The ethiopian cab driver in nashville told me last night they have it
According to their history3000 people carried it there for safe keeping and they left scattered across the planet

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by MmmPie

If you look into the crap quality of the pictures that people have tried to take of it then lets just say God knows how to play tricks on people with a camera as well....sorry technology isn't defeating God prematurely on this one!

It will be worth the wait when it is presented properly to the world though so don't be too downhearted. The timing is very important.

Wow, I cannot wait to see a wooden box presented before the world. Wood... shaped into a cube! That is going to be so awe inspiring!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

2) I don't care.

Well said schuyler, I'd hate to mess with that dog in your avatar, seems pretty docile but probably packing a submachine gun.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Wow, I cannot wait to see a wooden box presented before the world. Wood... shaped into a cube! That is going to be so awe inspiring!

Nobody cares, go back to eating your gum leaves and sleeping it off.
edit on 29/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The topic is WHERE is the Ark?

If some of the people here would concentrate upon that rather than blather all sorts of Biblical Reverence instead of using any text within the Bible as a way to possibly determine where the Ark is or was as well as use any Historic Text. that might lend a hand...I think you would have less people coming on here doing as you state.

This topic calls for using the Scientific Method to determine a FACT...it does not need people using the topic in an attempt to prove their Faith.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join