It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bipartisan Immigration Reform, conspiracies in the making

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, as far as I can tell, there appears to be a bipartisan deal for immigration reform.

(Reuters) - A bipartisan group of senators who have agreed on an immigration reform plan said on Monday they hope to move quickly with legislation giving 11 million illegal immigrants a chance to eventually become American citizens.

www.reuters.com...

Now some of the more cynical members of the press are saying that the republicans are pushing this for future votes.

But I see something else.

Unemployment.

Imagine 3 scenarios now.

1. If unemployment goes down (unlikely) then the congress and administration can credit the workforce already in place and the Obama administration's policies.

2. If unemployment stays the same (unlikely) then they (government) can still claim credit for the economy yet still explain the additional 11 million people into America.

3. If unemployment increases (most likely) then they can blame the additional 11 million people and NOT the Obama policies.

Any of the scenarios paints congress and Obama in a positive light while further damaging our economy and harming the American people.
Sure, congress has the approval rating of a sucking chest wound, Obama (in his mom-jeans) just exudes smug at every oppourtunity.

And an additional 11 million people are suddenly created to add to the Cloward-Piven model.

So we have a situation that is self-serving to all politicians in DC.

A move to supposedly help 11 million illegal immigrants.

A sure-fire way to blur the failing economy and high unemployment.

And further destruction across America.

Here's the part where many then say, "Discuss!"

Instead, I'll just say read and heed. And have a nice yogurt.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dude! I was thinking Cloward and Piven as soon as I started reading your OP!

Sad to say, it appears the end game for America is in motion.......

Just goes to show ya, there is no difference between the left/right. They have their orders and unfortunately, the people they are supposed to represent, are now left to their own demise.

Think about it, would our government have any support whatsoever, if they didn't create the false paradigm that their created division was a mere act????

United we stand and divided we fall. People need to start pointing their fingers at our Federal parents instead of at each other.......

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Truth! Both parties have exposed themselves to be self-serving at the expense of the American people.

America used to be the "Land of Oppourtunity". I would welcome anyone from any shore. But what do we have to offer them now?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is rather funny that with all the other issues we get a bipartisan immigration bill! I have been noticing a rather glaring manipulation of terms to describe things now. For instance illegal alien has become undocumented worker and assault rifle means any rifle perceived to be dangerous. I mean come on, if you broke the law to come here you are a illegal alien, no ifs ands or buts about it. Why give them a free pass? Talk about a precedent. There was a good bit in the NY post today about a waiting period for laws. Sounded like a great idea.link

I’d like to propose a “waiting period” for legislation. No bill should be voted on without hearings, debate and a final text that’s available online for at least a week. (A month would be better. How many bills really couldn’t wait a month?) And if the bill is advertised as addressing a “tragedy” or named after a dead child, this period should double. After all, people want waiting periods for guns. Yet, statistically, the percentage of guns involved in crimes is much lower than the percentage of politicians involved in crimes.
Seems people forgot the old saying to good to be true.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

If the existing laws were enforced, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with.

It then becomes apparent that they wanted this problem in order to create their own "solution".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Problem, Reaction, Solution..................One right out of the ole playbook

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dude after reading this one thing came to mind this is totally opposite of what illegal immigrants actually want. First off they will have to apply for a green card and be on a waiting list which means they will have to be register with the goverment. They will have to be employed lol its "mandatory" to get citizenship all 11 million. Then they will not be able to break the law during this time because it will get them deported anything above a traffic ticket meaning a felony will get you deported. Anyone one found who hasn't registered will be will be forced to register or be deported. Also they will have to pay a fine befor they can register for a green card lolThey want the taxes and money that's it. Actually its going to be one hell of a house cleaning. The boarder is going to be secured heavily after this watch, DHS ordered a bunch of ammo and assault rifles "ar's" then look at the fact of all the "camps" built for families over the country with barbed wire facing inward.

also think no under the table jobs anymore because the people will be registered and paying taxes this will be required. They will be required to get licenses for cars and car insurance as well also pay into healthcare! yeah they will force low skilled labor down to pennies on the dollar

edit on 28-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

first of all you do realize that 11 million is just a guestimate?

second that 11 Million is about the population of Los Angeles California?

Our Congress are about to give a minimum of the population of the city of Los angels citizenship without back ground checks and without proper procedures to criminals who already committed a crime in crossing illegally into our country.

Do you realize what this will do to our nations economy?

Do you realize that this means that Congress and the President are guilty of harboring and assisting Illegal Aliens? That they are guilty of felony crimes if they pass this bill?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
reply to post by beezzer

first of all you do realize that 11 million is just a guestimate?

second that 11 Million is about the population of Los Angeles California?

Our Congress are about to give a minimum of the population of the city of Los angels citizenship without back ground checks and without proper procedures to criminals who already committed a crime in crossing illegally into our country.

Do you realize what this will do to our nations economy?

Do you realize that this means that Congress and the President are guilty of harboring and assisting Illegal Aliens? That they are guilty of felony crimes if they pass this bill?

Yes.

This is to curry votes and hide their failed economic policies.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why does it come down to just currying votes. I hate all this nonsense what ever happened to honest politicians?

I would love to serve my country in congress I budget my own household budget and I feel a few honest men could do much more than these college graduate politicians.

but then again when the power elite use th emedia to cast you as the bad man like they are doing the GOP you will never be able to get anything done. The Media is complacent in allowing politicians rape this nation.

new topics

top topics

join