It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Scientists Reveal Government/Industrial Means Of Social Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Wrong.
Governments do not do that. However, corrupt establishments, like "the one we have running the country", are doing it.
People, like the majority here on this site, are assuming that once the corrupt groups (which may infect people in powerful positions, like governments) are removed from power that everything will go back to normal, because the people will have the power to do what is right.

That is incorrect, because nothing different will be achieved.
People will still have the same chance to become corrupt again. It is because that which provides them the option of doing bad, power-hungry things has existed within the individual, ever since the corrupt groups planted their seed. Since then, it becomes the self-proclaimed job of people to remove that evil wherever they see it coming from. But they neglect their self as 1 source, that is, until they start taking self-restraining measures, trying to restrain themselves from doing evil things. Otherwise, they start planting corrupt seeds too, and the only way one can save other people, who learn by example, is to save one's self. Those corrupted new generations also have that same task (to save their selves); to try and control them is only going to make it worse. Take a look at the government if you want evidence of that.

What people do not realize:
It is about coming into peace with the self that bickers about the removal of the "evil" that takes shape into that self itself. In denial of that, people grow egos.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good information will watch later, seems to tie in nicely with Carroll Quigley's civilization stages about institutionalization at a first glance though. Highly recommended reading material for any truth seeker.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Ok, first of all, your interpretation of the video is waaaaay off. You're spinning it in a conspiracy light, when that is not the focus of the video. The video is actually pretty interesting. I don't know why you felt the need to spin it the way you did.

Second, this guy is wrong. He really needs to read Dostoevsky, and understand it.
Humans are evil by nature. It's been that way forever. Even priests are evil, truly they just know they are evil, that's why they repent.
This guy seems to ignore this, and is looking at the subject matter from the viewpoint that environment is the sole determiner of a person's actions. That people need to be swayed to do evil. There's no swaying needed to be done to do evil, people need to be swayed to do good.

Right on. You echo my sentiments exactly and phrased it better than I have in past threads. Post like this give me hope that the world is not full of people cheering on their own demise.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Great OP.

I Love TED and I ain't ashamed to say it :]

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Humans are evil by nature. It's been that way forever. Even priests are evil, truly they just know they are evil, that's why they repent.

I disagree completely. People are born as essentially empty vessels. What they become depends on the cross product of nature & nurture.

In a macro (political) context, I would point out that Iceland had enough common sense and integrity to resist the propaganda of the politicians, central banksters and corporations. Now they are economically and socially much stronger. The US and the rest of the planet appears to have drank deeply from the fraud-is-ok Koolaid. We are all economically and socially much weaker -- and prime targets for total victimization.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I study ways to control my epilepsy and while doing research I find the same things can be used to dope up the society to keep people numb to true reality. This brought me to food chemistry and the study of Pharmaceuticals and where they were created from. This is big and complicated and is not limited to just chemistry, it has a lot to do with frequency and electrical appliances. Seems like almost everything is designed to dope us up and not make us wiser. Poor school kids, they have a hard time learning when all these things have been enacted.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by Dustytoad

Observing the behavior of small children, as you imply, is the best way to infer basic human instinct. Look at any kindergarten playground (hopefully not from a disguised ice cream truck) and you'll see how instinct dictates social behavior. It's not disputable; they are generally nice, playful, and inclined to get along with others. Only the introduction of puberty with its chaotic influence on hormones and emotions makes adolescents go crazy (and sometimes stay that way).

Also to note, small children are very fond of stuffed animals, or various tokens of affection. That is also the influence of natural instinct - empathy, even beyond our own species.

You must not have children. Before the little creatures are released to school or allowed to play with others they have to be taught not to bite, hit, or try to harm other people. They don't have any innate understanding of civility or any social behavior. Even basic things like "Please don't try to cut Mommy with the scissors" needs to be pointed out and reinforced with toddlers. They are naturally curious and sometimes it's being curious about how hard they can hit a person with a toy guitar. They are basically animals.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

I disagree completely. People are born as essentially empty vessels. What they become depends on the cross product of nature & nurture.

In a macro (political) context, I would point out that Iceland had enough common sense and integrity to resist the propaganda of the politicians, central banksters and corporations. Now they are economically and socially much stronger. The US and the rest of the planet appears to have drank deeply from the fraud-is-ok Koolaid. We are all economically and socially much weaker -- and prime targets for total victimization.

I agree with you, I think alot of our behavior is due to the environment we live in and how we are (or are not) raised by our parents.

Common sense, if you put garbage in you are gonna get garbage out.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
uh duh, thats why they pick kids up at 17/18 easily manipulated.

the stanford experiment is very good example of this for sure.

it can easily boil down to

we teach people to follow now, instead of to lead. so when there are no true leaders to stand up and say STOP this is insane, you just have a bunch of followers laching on to anyone that looks like they are leading, if leader beats someone, it must be ok.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

That's not disagreeing with the film. That's what the first part of Human Resources film concludes.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

If anyone says anything anywhere, to send teams for destroying, by use of rendtgen radiation from neighbouring flat, poisson in dental injections, etc.? That?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well thought-out arguments. This is a multi-faceted assault on human psyche.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Both comments are accurate IMO and have occurred. My hope is enough people learn the tactics so they know not to fall for them. If that occurs, then those who use these tactics to gain or maintain power will be left powerless.

Psychology is a new science, only 100 years old, and Sigmund Freud was rated 4th on the top 1000 most influencial people of the last 1000 years. Much of his terminology are now household words. People consider their inner worlds before acting. People consider others motivations when before they didn't. There is hope IMO that someday eventually people will see through the current manipulations like glass.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When I was a kid and did something bad my Mom punished me by scolding me, spanking me, sending me to my room and grounding me from going outside to play with friends for a day or a week.

I did do some bad things like vandalism and drugs when I was a teenager but I would NEVER think of causing harm to another human being or animal. I raised my daughter on my own and raised her like my Mom raised me and she turned out to be a decent person too.

One of the most important things a parent can teach their kid(s) is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I'm tired of people pointing the blame for their actions on government, TV, video games, drugs, etc. when by the age of 12 they know damn well "right from wrong." I grew up watching Tom & Jerry shoot each other, cut off body parts and devise plans to carry out pain upon each other...I grew up loving horror movies, I grew up playing violent video games, and in my reckless teen years tried every drug except heroin and meth.

I have NEVER been accussed of or arrested for breaking a law. I have 3 speeding tickets in my lifetime, my last one was over 15yrs. ago.

I know right from wrong. I think for myself. I know the consequences for my actions. I choose to be a good and honest man over an evil man.

I'm sure many people are raised in different environments and aren't taught personal responsibility, empathy, and individuality and are doomed to a dark life from the moment their born. Someone stated in an earlier post that it's about "Nature and Nurture" aspect and I agree completely.

Pay attention to your children. Listen to them. Teach them right from wrong. Raise them to be heroes!

If you do THAT then no outside influences will sway them to the dark side.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Interesting that your idea about parental responsibility and hero teaching is exactly what Phillip Zimbardo (psychologist in 1st video) proposed in his book. Sorry can't recall title but it's on amazon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join