It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.A.T.S. and the W.A.T.S. Award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was doing a little browsing on the pages of ATS and realized that I haven't been to the WATS page in a while. While examining the quality content on the page from our top 50 members, I began to wonder if there was a way to recognize those members outside of the WATS page, perhaps a badge or a change of color outlining their post.

After a quick search using our search feature, I found this from 2004:

Voting for the Way Above Top Secret Award

Vote:
Your vote button allows you to cast three monthly votes for threads/posts you think are "Way Above" the standard fare and deny ignorance in a very powerful or meaningful way. At the end of each month, the winner is announced and they have special "Way Above Top Secret" status for the following month. Each member is allowed three votes per month.

Our Way Above Top Secret award winners are easy to notice... they have a giant medal in their mini-profile, and the background color of their posts are a brighter gray than all other posts.

What ever happened to the WATS Award?

Is there a reason it is no longer active? It seems like a good idea to me. I know that the members who reach the WATS top 50 don't do what they do for just the recognition, but a little perk would be nice, and the addition of the WATS Award would help bring out some more quality threads?

What does everyone think?

Could the WATS Award be re-established, or revamped?

edit on 28-1-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most of the time members that rank high on watts , have a boarder around their posts , also next to their avatar they have numbers and if i am correct it shows the watts index number
edit on 28-1-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

True...but many other older members also have the borders, and high WATS scores. It just seems like it might be something a little special only for those members who have reached that height...and for a monthly Award winner.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The WATS award was pretty neat, but if I remember correctly the problem was a lack of voting. I think the new way of going by stars and flags and stuff works better, especially with the bigger crowd we have now.

On a semi related note, I think the best recognition tool ATS had was the post/applause bar. That thing was genius. That would be my wish to bring back.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The way I understand it now is , you only get a border if you are in the top 50 or the top 100.

I was hoping we could add one more border to the top 200 posters. We have gold an sivler, maybe bring back bronze? Or cool ATS alien purple?

new topics

top topics

join