It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox temporarily bans friends account for 9/11 reference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So I'm guessing the harsh member is me? ...well I apologize if you think my response as harsh.....I did not lose anyone in the towers, but I feel the pain for the ones who did. ...I think your friend was wrong..and deep down you must think so too, as you did not agree with his emblem. ...as for him getting banned, it sucks and he should have been given a warning, that I do agree with...and if your agitated because I do not find it funny, well..sorry dude. Had I agreed and laughed it up all would be fine...but I think your friend was stupid and insulted many people..so he got slapped by Microsoft.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Yeah ok, I see your point....but is okay no matter how they died to make a symbol insulting them?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I personally use PS3 and have a similar created icon except that mine is a skull with the words 911 TRUTH NOW on it, looks good too mind you : ) However I think it sounds like this kid's avatar was a little more shocking and rude, hence the account ban, although I thought the game had a way to just remove your avatar, so maybe he was banned for other infractions as well. If you're creating THAT type of avatar, maybe you already crossed the line before, hence the banning.

To address Meld: I hear/understand exactly what you are trying to convey. However, I find it a million times more offensive that these families would find anger or upset from some dumb ignorant kid, and not from the fact THAT THEIR LOVE ONES WHERE BLOWN UP!, and not by Osama Binswimmin.... Stop playing the "you'll hurt the families" card, it's getting old and makes some people just as sick/upset as the banned kid's icon.

I love you : )

Trollz said it quite well.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Wizayne because: I'm upset about everyone who has ever died.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
so he got slapped by Microsoft.

I am sorry if I did not make this clear before, but I found the fact that he got banned funny, not the emblem. Also, no worries.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizayne
reply to post by Meldionne1

although I thought the game had a way to just remove your avatar, so maybe he was banned for other infractions as well. If you're creating THAT type of avatar, maybe you already crossed the line before, hence the banning.

Nope, he is very sincere and kind over Xbox live, and he surely has not made any other emblems or avatars of the sort. Also, he is not a kid, he is 20 years old.

Stop playing the "you'll hurt the families" card, it's getting old and makes some people just as sick/upset as the banned kid's icon.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Wizayne because: I'm upset about everyone who has ever died.

I agree, definitely getting old.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283
[more

Ahhhhh..ok....no worries! I think I mixed up the parts being funny...but the more I think about it, I really do think the mod who banned him had some connection to a lost one in the towers. ...just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
reply to post by Renegade2283
[more

Ahhhhh..ok....no worries! I think I mixed up the parts being funny...but the more I think about it, I really do think the mod who banned him had some connection to a lost one in the towers. ...just my opinion.

How do you figure this mod is not more likely to just be an average employee with no connection whatsoever who is just doing their job by acting on a report of offensive content? If someone made a swastika as an emblem and got banned, does that mean the mod who banned them had a connection to a holocaust victim? Probably not, they'd probably just be doing their job.
edit on 28-1-2013 by trollz because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join