It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound - Resonating with the Seen and Unseen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've begun reading "The Way of a Pilgrim & The Pilgrim Continues His Way", as translated by R.M. French. In the intro by Huston Smith, he poses some fascinating questions in relation to sound. I wanted to post them here on ATS for discussion, to help give me some differing ideas and opinions on the questions posed. They are:

1. Why is our sense of hearing much more differentiated than our visual sense?
2. Why is frequency range of what we can hear so much wider than what we see? Is there a message for us in that difference?
3. Why can musical harmony be quantified and converted into mathematical proportions, whereas the harmony in a landscape or a painter's art cannot?
4. Why can we close our eyes, but not our ears?
5. Why, at the time of death, is hearing the last of our senses to take leave of us?

The book doesn't delve into discussion, even at the end. It just poses these questions to ask oneself as you read the text of the Russian pilgrim. (His mantra, Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.)

The questions above really started to make me think of a few other threads, where many people harangue and call out mental sickness of anyone who "hears" things none other hears. Isn't it possible that some people have an above, higher than average, frequency range that they can tune into that others can't? In the same way humankind's eyesight ranges in accuracy?

Sound is a tangible real thing. That can be tested, recorded and verified by science. We know, frequencies ranges exist outside of what the human ear can detect. Yet, you would have those that claim, if it isn't shared by me, you can't do it either. It doesn't make sense.

What if sound exists beyond the detectability of the tools we have to measure sound? Why does the universe seem to prefer harmonic sound apart from random, chaotic white noise?

Can the "noise" the universe creates tell us more than our sight?

I'm really excited to see if anyone has any theories or good information on these questions. Thank you for taking the time to check out the thread.

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot better, more scientific answers than mine shall be... =) But I think you are exactly right in the idea the key to the universe is held in sound frequency.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think you'll get a kick out of Everything is sound! and that fact supports these ideas. Obviously not everyone has the same receptacle ability.

Extravagant minds think alike.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thank you for your replies.

Crystal Libra - Sound certainly plays a much more important role in our reality than we give it credit for, that is certain. In my mind, it makes all of the languages of the world sacred, and something to protect.

Vicarious10000 - I enjoyed your thread. Thank you for the link. I think that sound can be a very powerful tool in meditation. I meditated with the first video and it was enjoyable. When I used your charka technique, I immediately went into a lucid dream. Always fun. I will have to try some of the other frequencies outside of the one I tried tonight, tomorrow when I have kid free time.

Peace,
Cirque

top topics

join