It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Have a question.

I was just told by a friend of mine that this years tax returns are going to be "screwed up" as in shorted or whatever... I don't know if this info is reliable or not. So I was wondering if any of you have heard anything that could fall along these lines???

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I've seen a flurry of H&R Block Tax Service commercials this past week. They are stating their reps have read all 900+ pages of Obamacare, and won't screw up your tax returns....

Don't know if that has anything to do with what you posted, just thought I'd toss it out there.

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Lol, I've seen em' too, way to many of them. But yeah, I'll I heard was that it would be slim to nothing in peoples returns.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have been using turbo tax for years and never had any problems.
Getting ready to do them since I finally got all my info together.
I will let you know how it turns out.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Never understood the US tax system, do only self employed people have to do their tax returns or If you are employed does the company you work for sort out your tax?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Never understood the US tax system, do only self employed people have to do their tax returns or If you are employed does the company you work for sort out your tax?

If you work for a company, you get to figure out how much more to give, after the company you work for, has already taken out a share for our Government, from your pay. Sounds crazy, right.....

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Everyone has to do they're taxes.If you are employed by someone,they usually,but not always,deduct a certain amount from your paycheck .And it's split up into different categories.The Federal government,the state you live in or worked in,local ,city,medicare social security and so on.
My over all tax rate is about 30% of my income.
It's so freaking complicated!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Wow It does sound hard, Only If you are self employed you do your taxes in the UK, we get taxed in our wage and that's it.
Anyhow thank yee all for the lesson carry on

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I've used TurboTax for years and just did my 2012 taxes a day or so ago. Piece of cake, very straightforward, no screw ups. , but for normal employment, or even a schedule C business, it;s really not that hard. Of course, the more complex your return the weirder it gets. If you have capital gains to figure out on a stock that has merged five times since you bought it that can be a real headache

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nothing is such up in the news and don't believe in rumors, there is turbo tax to take care of every possible actions and take over all complications. Don't forget to avail the extra deductions by using the 2013 turbo tax coupon and get benefited.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To those that are unfamiliar with the US tax system, it goes like this;

1. How much did you make last year?

2. How much did the government take?

3. How much do you have left?

4. Give the rest of it to the government.

5. Files some reasons why the government shouldn't take the rest of your money.

new topics

top topics

join