It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan "If we had a Clinton presidency we would have fixed this fiscal mess by now"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Wee Willy Klinton started out with a far left agenda, but since Congress, especially the House was in the control of republicans, Klinton being the pragmatist moved to the center, and worked with the republicans, being concerned with his legacy not wanting to see his leftist agenda shot down at every turn as it was.

What Bill Clinton's motives or methods were, within reason (which they were) don't really mean anything to me given his results. He made the trains run on time, so to speak.

I wouldn't care what Obama's motives or methods were EITHER (within the same reason) if HE could make the 'trains run on time'. One President did. The other has failed miserably and we just hope his second half is like sunshine through storm clouds for improvement ....against all evidence to the contrary for expectation.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'd take Clinton back in a heartbeat. And promise him plenty of pretty interns, or chubby ones,
or whatever kind he prefers, I don't care. There were only two Presidents in my lifetime that
were worth a crap--they shot one and impeached the other.

It's like WRabbit said, I was trucking at the time as well and the economy was booming. The tech
revolution had begun but it was Clinton's savvy for the most part.

Generally I like a man for his honesty and his character (Ron Paul) but I give Clinton some latitude
with his "lie". We as a nation HAD NO BUSINESS asking that damn question in the first place...and
still we spent MILLIONS going after him.

But ya'll can keep Hillary--I don't want her. I'll take Bill...but please not her.

edit on 28-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
If our top military members really meant that oath they always talk about, they'd understand that the bigest threat to American's freedom and liberty is in a tiny 10 by 10 mile area on the East Coast; not in a sandbox halfway around the world.

One could argue that there a 8 million sq. mile country that the US supports vehemently that is also adding to that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Then, I take it from this remake, the Republicans in the Congress have something "personal" against President Obama.

Obama had two years of complete control and could have done anything he wanted. So all he did was (barely) ram through the travesty "ObamaCare". LOL.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
And we care what Paul Ryan says because...??? I seriously hope he goes the way of that other failed VP candidate and just fades away - he's much more a part of the problem in Washington than he is part of the solution.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good point.

I really do still have hope that the system isn't beyond repair. I think that if people believed that the pen stroke is stronger than the cannon we'd be in better shape.

It's not going to be an easy journey, as we've dug ourselves in pretty deep!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Wee Willy Klinton started out with a far left agenda, but since Congress, especially the House was in the control of republicans, Klinton being the pragmatist moved to the center, and worked with the republicans, being concerned with his legacy not wanting to see his leftist agenda shot down at every turn as it was.

What Bill Clinton's motives or methods were, within reason (which they were) don't really mean anything to me given his results. He made the trains run on time, so to speak.

The economy was coming out of the minor recession when he took office. He was smart enough not to suppress the investment boom of the Reagan years that went through a normal market correction near the end of Bush 41's term.

Clinton didn't make the "trains run on time", the American people did, operating in a freer economy than during the Carter years.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

In my time I have seen a lot of presidents and politicians come and go.
I can't say for certain anyone was much better than any other at making the country operate any different.
There is a need for safety, fiancial, and environmental regulations; but they should not beyond reasonable limits. (note I said "reasonable", though subject to deffinition)
I think the country does much better if they would just get out of the way.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
It still suprises me, the love-fest the GOP have with Bill Clinton...it's like everyone forgets they IMPEACHED him.

I don't think that one fella ... Paul Ryan ... stating the obvious about Bill Clinton understanding finance is some kind of 'love fest'. Have other big named GOPers been saying things?
If so .. maybe because 4 years of Obama have been so bad, now they look back and Clinton and think he wasn't so bad compared to Obama.

As far as Clinton's impeachment ... Clinton impeached himself.
He lied in a sexual harrasement lawsuit. He deserved it.

The dude couldn't ever keep his pants zipped .. but he understood 'the books'.

Credit where credit is due.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It still suprises me, the love-fest the GOP have with Bill Clinton...it's like everyone forgets they IMPEACHED him.

I don't think that one fella ... Paul Ryan ... stating the obvious about Bill Clinton understanding finance is some kind of 'love fest'. Have other big named GOPers been saying things?

Yes...for the past few years other GOP have been praising Bill Clinton...please don't make me hunt for qoutes.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He was referring to Hillary. I think he endorsed her for 2016. Only thing I've ever heard the poor thing say that made sense.
edit on 1/28/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes...for the past few years other GOP have been praising Bill Clinton...please don't make me hunt for qoutes.

Okay .. I believe you. I just haven't seen any.
googling .. googling .. okay, I'm finding stuff ....

Looks like back in the fall, Romney and his campaign were 'talking up' Bill Clinton. I haven't found anything from further back. So the Romney machine liked Bill Clinton and said so. Paul Ryan was part of the Romney machine so I guess the fact that he is STILL saying how good Clinton was with finances, means that he is sincere in his appreciation of Bill Clintons fiscal abilities.

Like I said .. maybe after 8 years of Bush43 spending and spending ... and 4 years of Obama making it drastically worse ... people are appreciating Bill Clinton for his economic savy??? Maybe ...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You know, our biggest domestic threat to our country is based right here. We shouldn't be galavanting around the world under the guise of "protecting our freedom" when we're letting it be taken away right here at home.

I'll raise my glass to you on that statement.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander

In my time I have seen a lot of presidents and politicians come and go.
I can't say for certain anyone was much better than any other at making the country operate any different.
There is a need for safety, fiancial, and environmental regulations; but they should not beyond reasonable limits. (note I said "reasonable", though subject to deffinition)
I think the country does much better if they would just get out of the way.

The country does do much, much better when government gets out of the way, there is no doubt about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Guess what!

We are now entering a period of econic growth.

Most likely it will continue.

Obama will wind up looking very good.

Clinton was an excellent president, his biggest mistake was compromising with republicans in congress.

Good that Obama learned this at last.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I got the impression he was talking about a Bill Clinton presidency .. not a Hillary one. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

I have to agree with him. If Bill Clinton was in office, I don't think we'd have nearly the deficit problem we have now.

And what exactly would the Clinton administration had done in place if the Obama administration? It's not that I don't agree (I believe Bill Clinton's administration was one of the best in US history) but just curious which one of his policies in the 90's do you think Obama could have followed? Both Hilary Clinton and Obama held identical economic plans, not sure if they had been too different, so I'd be curious what specific actions are we talking about here?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Are you #ting me? Clinton would have gone for the same stimulus spending Obama would have. It's their complete unwillingness to compromise that is causing this mess to drag on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join