This just blows my mind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
great stuff.

I think they should rename this one to...

The Sloth Nebula

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
already a thread about this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These are simply astounding photos. I love stuff like this, it makes me feel very small, insignificant in the greater scheme of things and very, very humble.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
When our rulers see this, I'm sure they'll say something along the lines of, 'Wow, those are beautiful! One day, we'll get to exploit and destroy them!'

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We can see other galaxies, stars, some planets with Hubble. Yet not one clear photo of a UFO...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The pillar is said to be 3 light years long. I did the math and the distances comes out to be 17,597,028,000,000 miles. Of course this isnt exact but you should have a better idea of how enormous this cloud is.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe you will like this video that I made some time ago, using the music of Beethoven. (better watch in full screen and hd)

edit on 29-1-2013 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannydav
already a thread about this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That one is closed because it's a duplicate though I like the way the OP showed some of the pictures without going to the link.

This thread was first, so even though the OP is not as good, it's the one that stays open.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

" I can understand how someone can look around this world and say "There can be no God ". What I can not fathom, is how someone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim."- Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Do they ever release the unedited pics? God

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
we are specs of dust. These images always blow me away

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
edit on 30-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)[/editb

If you read the thread I already acknowledged that thread in mine
it was started about 20 hours later and this op was kind enough to post a link to it.
edit on 30-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Are these artist representations or actual pictures through x-ray etc lens?
edit on 30-1-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
For a moment I thought these were paintings. The universe is truly one magnificent place. A star for you sir.
edit on 1/30/2013 by messar because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
Are these artist representations or actual pictures through x-ray etc lens?
edit on 30-1-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

Those are actual photos, that's the whole gobsmacking point of it all. The colours are artificial in the sense that the red / green / blue were assigned to b&w images taken through specific narrowband filters. But the objects and all the intricacy in these images are real.

I don't think any artist could achieve this beauty and detail. This is the work of nature.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"when i got my telescope(real telescope), only color i saw was bright brown, which was mars. The rest of the space, 95% of the time it was grey and soft white, and the obvious "black". "

hahah how funny, when i got mine as a kid i thought same thing, cant wait to see awesome color, all i saw was a bright white moon, specs of other white dots, and black, LOTS OF BLACK lol

then i learned they were filters haha that made the color

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by cody599

" I can understand how someone can look around this world and say "There can be no God ". What I can not fathom, is how someone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim."- Abraham Lincoln

What kind of dumbass god would place intelligent lifeforms within certain galaxies and then set up laws of nature that ensured these galaxies were hurtling away from each other at speeds that could never be overcome, thus guaranteeing his favoured created lifeforms never got to meet each other?
edit on 30-1-2013 by IvanAstikov because: typical typo

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by luciddream

"when i got my telescope(real telescope), only color i saw was bright brown, which was mars. The rest of the space, 95% of the time it was grey and soft white, and the obvious "black". "

hahah how funny, when i got mine as a kid i thought same thing, cant wait to see awesome color, all i saw was a bright white moon, specs of other white dots, and black, LOTS OF BLACK lol

then i learned they were filters haha that made the color

Just because YOUR eyes can't see it doesn't mean the colour is not there

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but if the shots of galaxies so far away look so clear why aren't we seeing pictures of our local planets that are as clear as if they were shot on site with a Nikon camera instead of looking like a computer generated graphic?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join