Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hawaii...Not all it's cracked up to be.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We've had some pretty serious rain the last couple of days. As usual, the infrastructure can't cope and sewer mains are overflowing.

I just came across this warning on the front page of our local news. They should probably use this in the next tourism ad campaign.

The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals, and associated flood debris.

Brown Water Advisory Posted for Oahu
Yuk!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Yuck!
Sometimes we can get " brown outs" at Sydney's Bondi beach when the tide and wind work against our deep ocean outlets.

The beach goers swim on underturd ...

edit on 28-1-2013 by Timely because: missed a quotation mark

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ew! Although we had a similar warning this weekend in Brisbane with our floods, its just safe to stay out of flood waters, period. They're filled with everything! I know a few people that have waded in with a cut and gotten infections

And shush, I'm headed to Oahu at the end of this year on my honeymoon, so it is all its cracked up to be! :p

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Hope you aren't affected

Feeling for all those poor people up north.

@ Zero, I hope your particular crapola clears up real soon too. The tourist dollars would be nice for your economy.

eta: I would hope to think some of those $$$ get ploughed back into infrastructure ?!!
edit on 29-1-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hawaii is 6 time zones away from the east coast. I didn't know that until I went. Los Angeles, is 3 hrs plane ride, but Los Angeles to Hawaii is Another Three Hours!! So you get there, but your body is still on east coast time. It takes 2-3 days to adjust. The sunsets are the most beautiful I've seen. It's beautiful. Then you come back, and it takes another 2-3 days to readjust. Just too far, IMHO.

top topics

join