It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Commander in Chief?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereInChina
time to run to canada eh?

Its never a good time to run to Canada. With only the cheaper medical drugs and snow resorts to boast, its not that appealing. I still think applying for sevreinty turning your private land into its own country is best.
At least till Bush-ies declare war on you for phantom WMDs.

[edit on 30/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

[edit on 30/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
In the unlikely event that the scenario you described comes to be, then there would be called a global time out and everyone would go about his own business, peacefully, until such time as the election is decided, at which time all hostilities would resume.

Grady, I take this as a sophisticated joke. If it's not, then it just don't make sense.

Nobody thinks Bush is the commander in chief, do they? He can't command a herd of sheep if he wanted to.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I find the lame duck scenario pretty scarey too. In ordinary times, a lame duck can't get much done. In perilous times, someone (ie: Al Queda) could easily take advantage of the chaos. Being a pessimist at heart, I can dream up all sorts of wild scenarios...which I will spare you.
What we need is a clear cut winner and for the American people to accept that winner as the next President and for cooperation between the Bush and Kerry in the interim. A tall order? Yes, but it's in the best interest of the country.
When Thomas Jefferson took office he declared "We are all Federalists. We are all Republicans." That same idea of wanting the greater good of the country to prevail over our own political agendas, is what the Founders wanted.
Will it happen? I truly doubt it. We live in different times.
joey

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
With the next president to enter office unsure, other nations will not see Bush as the leader, but instead a possible leader. Any agreements he makes, or has made, will be threatened by the possibility of Kerry popping into office and disavowing the agreements. Britain will be unsure of the presidents words as they have no assurance they will stick. Anything Bush says, is only a campaign promise until the decision is in.

America must stand by the decision of the majority, and will do so. However, this doesn't mean other nations will stand by Bushs' decisions while unsure of his future in office. If we need any help during that time of transition..I don't see us getting much. Let's just hope the war in Iraq doesn't get any worse, and that no other problems will arise, because if they do..we very well may be on our own

[edit on 10/29/2004 by SkyFox2]

Exactly, this is what I am talking about! I think it is bad enough that we obviously have a Country split right down the middle where there is no majority. I think with this election pending the whole world must be viewing us rather tentatively to begin with.

If this plays out into an election debacle, the US becomes a nonentity on the world scene until it's resolved. This is what worries me.

My apology to the poster who thinks I insulted them for an opinion, it was not intended, I just really thought you were missing my point.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How about this my American freinds?

With early polling starting and glitches with computer polling and allegations 60,000 voter ballots have gone missing in Florida already (Fedex- When it Simply Positively has to...go missing...overnight) and both major parties already rumored to have legal teams ready to go for it post election night....hows that for a freaking distraction from the task?

Now I dont know whose gonna get the blame THIS time...Democrats or Republicans.....could be either (hey Micky's come out and said HE'LL get to the bottom of it....Start with his garage first maybe?)

All I will say is this "HELLO? - JEB?, FLORIDA?, RELIGIOUS RIGHT?.....FOUR (COUNT THEM) FOUR HURRICANES IN TWO MONTHS.......PAY ATTENTION!"

I hope all this carry on is just because someone is inept because from an outsiders point of view the other possibility is dismal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join