It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Year Old Buildings Found In Russia? The Mysterious Dolmens And Megaliths Of The Caucasus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverMind2013

those are burial tombs

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by MarsSentinel

there are squiggly lines carved on the dolmens, maybe they represent the frequency it took to resonate the stones in order to move/make them?

They seem to be petroglyphs.

A reasonably good report on them is here -- there's a few different kinds (so it's not really writing but it IS cultural symbols).

It's interesting how these are found in so many distinct places. Also the similar construction designs found scattered all over the world makes you wonder how that could just be coincidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

None. They're around 3,000 years old. Human civilization right now is dated to around 8,000 years old (meaning: lived in large permanent villages/towns.)

come on seriously? you use the words "large permanent villages/towns". what do you mean? what would you consider the oldest "large permanent village/town"? do you mean it has to have a name? "permanent" would mean it couldn't have been wiped out from a disaster of some sort right?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is a fantastic find nighthawk1954
As 1 looks at the little door entrances I tried to process what logical reason would there be to have such small door ways and my personal hypothetical answer seems to be to prevent predator access of the larger breed.

So a family possibly would sleep in segments the little children in the smaller entrance homes and possible parent or guardian in the larger entrance homes. Smaller entrances allow for better access prevention.

I think I have seen some of these in fragmented data shares through interwebs portals but this is a well put together visual that helps to bring more perspective into the images shown.

Thanks for the share and keep up the good work tracking the ancient past for each puzzle piece counts in the overall puzzle.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Also for storage is another thought as well...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

None. They're around 3,000 years old. Human civilization right now is dated to around 8,000 years old (meaning: lived in large permanent villages/towns.)

come on seriously? you use the words "large permanent villages/towns". what do you mean? what would you consider the oldest "large permanent village/town"? do you mean it has to have a name? "permanent" would mean it couldn't have been wiped out from a disaster of some sort right?

permanent as in sedentary, ie: not a nomadic/seasonally used place, ie: not one that is only used in the winter, prior to a tribe/group following a herd of deer/mammoths/whatever or moving to warmer climate in a different season n(for example)... in other words, one that is continually used by the group as their habitual settlement all year round.

i would recommend some reading on prehistory, such as "the oxford illustrated prehistory of europe" which a detailed and highly credible, sourced and researched book i would recommend, it's highly readable and would prove invaluable if you have an interest in structures such as these or understanding the development of societies and material culture

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

there is an absolute wealth of evidence that they are graves. they are wonderful monuments and do not need dressing up with other ideas that have no evidence for them whatsoever, especially when if one thinks them through, the "other" ideas do not stand up to examination

to deal with some general point in this thread.....

food storage: the decomposing meat would produce gradually more heat, thus excellerating the process, and while they may be safe from bears.... worms, rodents, insects, and possibly cat/dog sized creatures would have a field day. hunter/gatherer societies tend to take what they can carry, which would last a long time anyway - observing the behaviour of modern/recent stone age societies back this up. also it is far more efficient to store your meat by hanging it in the roof of your thatched hut/roundhouse, where the smoke from the fire collect before filtering through the thatch, this process will dry and cure/smoke it thereby ensuring it lasts, keeping flies away due to the smoke, and allowing easy access and monitoring of how much you use.

protection: why trap your self somewhere? as already pointed out fires would smoke you out, or bake you out, and a patient enemy would just out wait you or dig you out (in about 3 hours)

the anastasia thing: sorry but i saw some of those books a few years ago, and manners prevent me from commenting further.

a dwelling: too small, too much effort when we have so many examples of human dwellings there and around the globe.

protection from super volcanoes: c'mon man
...if it was a fogou, maybe just maybe i would give you that, if we were not 1000's of years off

other reasons except a grave: anyone care to consider that we have evidence they were graves? such structures have been broken open world wide, both in the past (well documented) and in very recent and current excavations! human remains, grave goods etc... why the dislike of evidence that amounts to proof?

seriously folks, read the thread, read the links, follow the info - it's archaeology, not brain surgery.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsSentinel
I have learned that there was a technology available to _some_ people that was used to mainpulate the crystal lattice structure of stone. This technology was sonic. It used complex sound to manipulate the molecular/crystalline structure of stone to make it malleable, and to levitate it on resonant sound waves, sort of like making a frictionless rolling platform to push stones along.

...it was only a matter of time before some pseudo-science gibberish would find its way into a thread like this...

Rocks are not monocrystal. They typically have granular structure and are conglomerate of widely varying chemical compounds. You can't "manipulate the molecular/lattice structure" for many reasons, like first of all "molecular" and "lattice" aren't the same, second of all, you have a volume of tiny grains and of many, many different kinds of crystals. Further, the sound propagates through rocks without melting them. So making them "malleable" is pure fantasy.... As is "levitation on resonant sounds waves". Resonant how? In what?

It's magical stuff.

Oh come on, you are using science-y sounding word soup, "resonant", "lattice", and not "abracadabra".

Resonance is power.

It's not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

there are some exceptions, but logic and reason are wasted here. abandon all hope and evacuate ship

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Amazingly I was looking at these Russian dolmens a few nights ago because of another thread here about Tiksi, in Northern Russia, and an odd looking dome there, which I think is a pingo, an earth uplift, and not a salt mine.
Some of the texts I found by the way on the dolmens seemed to infer that they were an Indian influence. Maybe any Indian scholars could throw some light on it.

I'm not a scholar, but here's what I have to say - Indo-European cultures carry a heavy dose of cultural heritage from India proper, from thousands of years ago. In particular, Slavic languages (Russian included) have a few words that have been preserved remarkably well from the days of Sanskrit. The Sanskrit word for "the nape of the neck" used to describe a peculiar shape of silver ingots produced in what is now Russia, in the first millenium CE. Nowadays, it's still there, it's the name of the official unit of Ukrainian currency. A similar Russian word is used as a reference to the lion's mane, which is again the back of the neck. And Russian word "Bohg" (God) is cognate of the old Indian "Bhagvan", like in "Bhagavad Gita".

So that connection does not surprise me at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverMind2013

"I wonder who lived there?"

hobbits!!!!!! thats who lived there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverMind2013

I wonder who lived there?

Judging by those doors my guess would be ancient hobbits...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

do you have one as an example? how do you come up with 8,000 max?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank You!
Star & Flag

Very slowly this place will reveal more and more....
That's the place of my birth!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

""the oxford illustrated prehistory of europe" which a detailed and highly credible"

highly credible according to who?,

the same people and acedemics who have been lying to us about dates all along? j/k ^^

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Most ancient sites have astronomy built into them somehow. My guess is the holes line up with the setting or rising sun on the solstice and let them know when to plant or harvest.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

food storage: the decomposing meat would produce gradually more heat, thus excellerating the process, and while they may be safe from bears.... worms, rodents, insects, and possibly cat/dog sized creatures would have a field day.

After checking out some post in the thread a little further yes you may be correct that at some time these were used as others have stated for locks of some kind to hold spiritual energies +/- or to send data through the Spiritual/time data loops with spirits that would be willing to sit there.

Thing is these are good reasons for these builds and 1 is not denying, but 1 has to ask. If they could build areas for spirits then why they not build their homes in the same structural strength designs?

hunter/gatherer societies tend to take what they can carry, which would last a long time anyway - observing the behaviour of modern/recent stone age societies back this up. also it is far more efficient to store your meat by hanging it in the roof of your thatched hut/roundhouse, where the smoke from the fire collect before filtering through the thatch, this process will dry and cure/smoke it thereby ensuring it lasts, keeping flies away due to the smoke, and allowing easy access and monitoring of how much you use.

Those EXTRAS (insects/animals) attracted to the site as 1 would call them would be in fact be that extras those (insects/animals) that would try to collect in or near storage units if used AFTER original designed use..

As you state placing food on the roof of your home to smoke
how would you live /sleep in such a burnt roof home especially if smoking like you say the foods on the regular??? Not to mention Large-predator attraction.

Again these may be used originally as best data says they were, but still there could of been other uses as well as further down the time line reuses in different ways continued...

protection: why trap your self somewhere? as already pointed out fires would smoke you out, or bake you out, and a patient enemy would just out wait you or dig you out (in about 3 hours)

1 feels this depends on the fauna of interest.

other reasons except a grave: anyone care to consider that we have evidence they were graves? such structures have been broken open world wide, both in the past (well documented) and in very recent and current excavations! human remains, grave goods etc... why the dislike of evidence that amounts to proof?

seriously folks, read the thread, read the links, follow the info - it's archaeology, not brain surgery.

Valid point
,and was not sure if remains were found inside these images shown or others like elsewhere.

NAMASTE*******

edit on 1/29/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
interesting images, seem a little too perfect though

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How do you document this? Where is the organic or sedimentary things they carbon dated?

This seems highly fraudulent.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Interesting find op
25000 years is not believable

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join