It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Year Old Buildings Found In Russia? The Mysterious Dolmens And Megaliths Of The Caucasus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

there are squiggly lines carved on the dolmens, maybe they represent the frequency it took to resonate the stones in order to move/make them?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

there are squiggly lines carved on the dolmens, maybe they represent the frequency it took to resonate the stones in order to move/make them?

but why bother when physically able and resourceful humans can do it with simple equipment that we can prove existed, replicate today, and can place in a typology of developing human technology and construction methods that clearly leads us step by step to the modern age?

some people need to get outside and try making things, rather than making assumptions based on lack of knowledge and practical experience... sorry to sound harsh, but so much bunk is talked about megalithics and people need to take some responsibility for educating themselves rather than living in cloud cockoo land.

ETA: there are also a wealth of books out the that cover these symbols but it's futile to hold peoples hands when looking into decently researched and peer reviewed academic works (and not just the made-up internets) can allow them an epiphany of there own... sheesh!
edit on 29-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The holes look small. Putting the children, infants, and women in these structures offer protection from animals and large men attacking. Even sleeping in these dwellings would offer safety. Safety from tornadoes, lightening, hail stones. I doubt you could even get a heat signature off of humans sleeping in these structures... protection from abductions....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
The holes look small. Putting the children, infants, and women in these structures offer protection from animals and large men attacking. Even sleeping in these dwellings would offer safety. Safety from tornadoes, lightening, hail stones. I doubt you could even get a heat signature off of humans sleeping in these structures... protection from abductions....

well humans developed and used settlements, communities, banks/ditches/pallisade walls, fire, pointy sticks, huts, warriors and evacuation to deal with these issues and they are still in use today in one form or another, so i'd judge that a little more likely...
as for aliens/abductions, which are after all unproven, if someone can traverse space etc etc etc then a couple of feet of rock would not be much obstacle i expect.
add to that the grave goods and human remains found in these dolmens and thousands of others around the world, i feel that this particular question is answered beyond doubt.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I suspect proper badasses are buried in these structures. You don't expend as much energy as these took to build these for just anybody.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There were a few with people kneeling beside them, and definately could fit an adult through them. Some hole's were smaller though and as much as I would love to hear that it was ancient crystal's that could summon certain frequency's. Or mabye the possibility of mabye not giant's but larger than normal human's help build, or that the dweller's did have a unnatural lend of hand as in alien's or some other supernatural force.

But as not having much money and I alway's like to build thing's i've constructed a few tools myself that replicate power tools to get me by with the project. If you put the time and know how to it im sure it wouldn't to difficult to construct a big circular grinder that's man power with some tough wood and vine's or homemade rope and a diamond or something that would cut/grind through stone fairly easy. I noticed some hole's have some outer grinding indention around the main hole mabye from a stabilizing rock of sort to keep it perfectly aligned.

It would be alot more facinating if it were a supernatural force behind them, I just wish that some of cool finding's and invention's we have today wern't held from public!

People today do some pretty weird thing's so I could only imagine what some did that long ago, and what they used them for! I like the idea of a meditation room myself and food storage seems to easy imo or as another stated protection from the rock storm's if they had them back then in that area!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
excuse me for this tiny correction: it's Gelendzhik, not Tzelentzchik

not that it would make huge difference, though

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Or perhaps people like to decorate things that are important to them?

No, I must be mistaken.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

looks like my budgies nestboxes

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
some people need to get outside and try making things, rather than making assumptions based on lack of knowledge and practical experience...

There is alot of people building cool man made power tool's, I built a drill press out wood with my dad and was powered by our legs kinda like a bike but up and down motion's, like they did when they made twine i'm having a brain fart and can't think of the name of it! It would drill through 1/4 steel when taking the time and patience. But who has that these day's right I think with all the power tools these day just as you said people don't take the time to relize that they didnt' have power and logical thinking was normal, this is a lazy world today and hard labor is sort of the past "but not extinct" with the technology we have. I was taught to work smarter not harder and i'm sure they had similar thought's back then too!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hear me out ATS.
If there were things in the sky, these house things would be GREAT for blending in with nature. From an aerial view, these could go unnoticed as they would just look like rocks along a flat ground.

It'd be interesting to see if there are any broken 'homes' of sorts in the area. Like same stones, same circles, but broken apart.
I think that the general area should definitely be dug up to look for possible artifacts, etc.

Another reason that the holes may be there - If you're a Reptilian believer, then perhaps they could fit in these holes?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow these are amazing finds!
. They kinda look like tombs or some sort of ceremonial buildings (just an idea).

I like the idea of them being houses, maybe the small hole in the bottom of the so called 'door' was part of a ventilation system for the small structures. This would mean they would of known that hot air rises and cold air sinks. This being the case would mean that the people who built these where very clever!

Or maybe they were storage areas or pantries. Either way this is an exciting find. As for the age of the stones, I'd agree with the archaeologists on this one, they do look to be around 5,000 years old. I reckon they may even date from the transistion period between pre-historic and the middle ages.

What a great find!

edit on 29/1/13 by Jordan22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nice article. I wonder what else is buried underneath the massive ice regions of Russia (Siberia).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Apologies if someone has already posted this (in too much of a rush to read everything right now!). Thought this might be of interest and significance with regards to 'lost' technologies. 1st part in series about Coral castle in the US, it's fascinating.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

That makes a whole lot of sense, really. Perhaps that is one of multiple purposes? Or is a heavy stone structure basically the bare minimum it would take to keep bears out of your food? All that stone seems like a hefty time and energy investment.

Harvest and hunting are time consuming too. But nothing paws its way in there. Even neighbors? If you lose your cache of winter food to scavengers (two or four legged), then that is a death sentence. One possibility...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very cool OP !
S and F.
25k years old though? I'm not sure if that was possible.
How thick would the ice even 12k years ago have been at that latitude in Russia?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Great find OP! S&F.

I found these two particularly interesting...

Pyramid anyone?

Hmmmm. This one seems to have stonework from two different eras possibly. The latter being the smaller stones on top.

But we have a problem. As was noted above by Skalla, I'm not so sure about 25,000 years. 6000 sounds a little more like it.

edit on 1/28/2013 by Klassified because: forgot remarks

Why is it that with almost all of these sites, the oldest ruins are the most precise and use bigger stones?

It screams lost knowledge to me.

In South America, the Indus Valley, Egypt, Europe, Asia, etc...

It's always the same story, cruder structures on top of more advanced structures.

Great stuff, but lots of unanswered questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

Except I could start a small fire at the entrance and smoke out whomever is in there. You think?

Sticks up like a sore thumb from the surrounding landscape. "Here we are, hiding in this hole".

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

But of course you understand (more than most) that there is no mystery conspiracy in but a few grave stones, right?

It must therefore be aleeens...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
25,000 yrs hahahahahalolololoooooooooooooooooool

so i guess it has to be me...again

2000 yrs tops....

25,000 causcus lololoolllll

sorry, im dying here haaaaaaaaa

you cant just throw numbers around like that
its like darwins theory of evolution....where the hell is the middle part....wheres the civilisations of 5000bc to 25000 bc....theres nothing...

funny...thanx for the laugh.....gnostics and antidiluvean believers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join