It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Year Old Buildings Found In Russia? The Mysterious Dolmens And Megaliths Of The Caucasus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Forgive me if this was already posted, I did a search.
n Russia, in the Caucasus mountains, not far from the cities Tzelentzchik, Touapse, Novorossiysk and Sochi, there are hundreds of megalithic monuments. The Russians call them dolmens. Russian and foreign archaeologists have not yet discovered their use. All these megalithic dolmens you see below in the pictures are dated from 10,000 years to 25,000 years ago, according to the website Kykeon. Other archaeologists put the age of these megalithic structures at 4000 to 6,000 years old. I always find these discoveries very interesting.

yourtubenews.ning.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Great Find! I can add this to my 'Out of time and place' collection I've recently started. It's staggering, as I'm finding, how many things like this exist around the world with big question marks ...REALLY big question marks...after the dating comes back for how old they're supposed to be. I say 'supposed'...because some of what is around flat doesn't compute or make any sense at all in that context.

Grats OP! I had not heard of these yet!

edit on 28-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow I love this kind of stuff. S&F

I wonder who lived there?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great find! S&F
I have never heard of these before. Gotta love ATS! Another mind blowing piece of history. I love it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonybotzo
very cool...those are some massive glory holes lmao

Very interesting observation.

If these were ovens of some kind, what do you think they were making? Glass? or do you think they used them to forge metal weapons?

Wouldn't they show some evidence of the great heat generated within?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
They are great-remind me of hobbit houses.
Maybe the idea of the tiny circular door was to keep the cold out-or maybe to keep out large predatory beasts who were around at the time.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A thing to keep in mind with all anomalous stone structures, especially old ones with intricate "carvings" or made from exceptionally large stones and/or with what appear to be cuttings or that appear to be beyond the ability of what we are told are the tools available "at that time": from several disparate sources I have learned that there was a technology available to _some_ people that was used to mainpulate the crystal lattice structure of stone. This technology was sonic. It used complex sound to manipulate the molecular/crystalline structure of stone to make it malleable, and to levitate it on resonant sound waves, sort of like making a frictionless rolling platform to push stones along. It is this sonic technology that is illustrated in the tablets and stele of Shamash (Sumerian sun god). Google: cymatics. Resonance and standing waves. It's magical stuff. Tesla worked with resonance in electrical circuits. Resonance is power. Many of the glyphs depict cymatic effects of particular frequencies and tones. THe tones create geometrical standing waves (as shown in cymatics). THe geonetrical figures are depicted in heiroglyphs, and I believe that many glyphs are meant to be sounded out rather than specifying words or "nouns" rather than being mere decorations. There is some information to indicate that there are features of the great pyramids that will react to particular types of sound. This is obscure stuff, obviously, but hell, I think most of us (who have looked) think that the Egyptians, (who did not build the pyramids, by the way, the Egyptians found them and then defaced them like so many ignorant vandals) are witholding MUCH information about those and other things, including this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow they do look like Hobbit holes.
Any Idea how big the rocks are? hard to tell. They look big in some and small in others..

Neatherthals homes ?

Just read another thread about how the 'aryan race' came out of the Caucasus or something..

EDIT:

Yeah I think you're right about some connection between all the ancient megaliths and some lost technology..

Sonic sounds plausible.. so do aliens.. or giants..
Admittedly so does a whole bunch of dudes with ropes, and hammers.. but there are many holes in that view.. I agree, some of the stone work is too precise and intricate to be done by hammers..

edit on 28-1-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

thank you so much for posting your finds, absolutely amazing! i get these really good kind vibes when i looked those pics... i have also played with the idea that some of these megalithic stuctures could have been used as molds for pouring steel, like the rocks of puma punku, i do alot of casting myself so i have an eye for those kind of stuff..
edit on 28-1-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That would coincide with the last spurt of Neanderthal and Cro-magnon territorial aggression in which neanderthal populations were displaced by advancing cro-magnon populations. IMO there is no denying a pre-clovis migration from Asia and Europe into the Americas and back into northern Africa. IMO this was a sort of genocide and what could be described as a world war with Cro-magnon aggression into Neanderthal lands.

There was little interbreeding between cro-magnon and Neanderthal and what little there was, is shown by genetic studies to be a predominantly male oriented interbreeding between the two which is what happens in aggressive acts of conquest. Neanderthal was the victim of a war against them on the part of cro-magnon which forced them into the Americas. They did take with them the homo-sapien groups they had been interbreeding with in relative peace and co-existence.

That is why you see outright neanderthal traits in the skulls found in the Americas from this time and less so as the successive generations favored breeding with the neanderthal-homosapien hybrid groups.

This was also a separate migration from those that ended up into Australia and bred with other forms of modern homo-sapiens already in the area which were themselves displaced by the cro-magnon forceful expansion.

Perhaps these structures are all that remains of the conquest which were either built by neanderthal and abandoned or built by cro-magnon as he took over territory.

It is IMO cro-magnon because it is probably solar in nature. The holes probably mark times of solar cycles when the sun passes through the holes and hits inner engravings or painted symbols. there are similar structures buried in funeral mounds in Ireland from around that time which were solar in nature. They may have been converted lunar cycles which when territory was lost were converted into solar cycle markers by moving the apertures or the structures orientation while respecting the foundation stones more or less..

Neanderthal was a lunar based culture with the female fertility form of nature being the maxim expression of "god". It was a personal religion based on "dream" reality. Cro-magnon and the subsequent homo-sapien adaptation was a solar, male oriented group religion.

edit on 28-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It looks just like the Flinstones' home.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
really interesting and thanks for posting

having read the op article i do have to do a minor bit of nit-picking though... following the source to "beforeitsnews" and linking to the "kykeon" site (as i was curious about the "dating" used for the up to 25k yrs figure), it would appear that kykeon, a greek language site, is not an archaeological organisation/uni dept, but a forum full of spooky pics and fakery, i tried google translate and it made my pc spit out its dummy. i think that the dating of these in the article lacks credibilty, though is ofc not impossible, it just needs a verifiable source and some detail.

the article also states that these are unique, whereas obvs the uk is ram full of dolmens, and very similar ones with "front walls" and the doors/windows/glory holes (lol) can be found all over, like south america, se asia amongst other places - i would have provided some pics, but i lost a lot of time trying to translate the page etc etc, but they are well known to megalith enthusiasts and have also been posted in ATS threads not long back.

dont let my nit-picking distract though, thanks for the article, i had not seen these particular ones before

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by tonybotzo
very cool...those are some massive glory holes lmao

Very interesting observation.

If these were ovens of some kind, what do you think they were making? Glass? or do you think they used them to forge metal weapons?

Wouldn't they show some evidence of the great heat generated within?

sorry, but he was not referring to furnaces for glass making, i wont go into detail but an internet search without filters will produce some results you may not thank me for

edit on 28-1-2013 by skalla because: clarity

edit on 28-1-2013 by skalla because: more clarity

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Incredible find!

*S&F*

That is a great link with tremendous pictures....I wish I had one on my land!

These are magnificent structures built by intelligent humans.
There aren't many of these surviving these days.
Especially in this condition and basically untouched.
Unfortunately, most are vandalized or destroyed.
But these are fine examples of early architecture.

One can only wonder as to there use or habitation.
I would assume the actual "hole" is around 3ft in diameter.
If so, humans could most certainly live inside them.

Excellent!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
first thing that comes to my mind is how defensive they look. sadly there is nothing showing the scale of them so it's all guesswork, as to the size of the structures, and the holes in them.

if looks like those "round portals" are just about the right size to force someone to craw; into. this could be for a couple different reasons. one reason would be that by forcing someone to crawl in they would be at the mercy of those inside who could kill them as they enter if an enemy. alternately as someone else mentioned they would also serve to keep predators larger than the hole from being able to enter and thus could be protection from them.

the size of the stone blocks used is interesting as well. again it makes it look like very likely these were defensive in nature. would take a lot of work to try to break down the "walls" or "roof" with how thick they are. would also be rather impervious to being set on fire. and with that small entry hole would be difficult to throw stuff in that way to cause fire. yet for protection against say a man sized creature it seems to be overkill. would not something being built of smaller more manageable blocks suffice? i could see maybe the roof being one big stone as being more structurally sound, but to use those big blocks for the whole thing almost seems like more effort than required for human sized opponents and even most predators.

only 2 of the structures pictured seem to have suffered significant possible damage. would be interesting to have pictures of more of them both whole and damaged to look at. one that looks like made from smaller blocks appears to have had some blocks knocked out. and another appears to have the roof knocked askew, (but that could be a trick of the eyes with the angle the picture of the structure is taken at). sadly we have no way of knowing WHEN such damage occurred. but if it was caused at the time of use would mean something VERY powerful attacked it or was used against it. if it was a predator of some type it must have been a large predator indeed. i can think of one "class" of predator that would be big and powerful enough to require structures of this strength being used and the possible inflicted damage that seems to have happened to the two of them. could it be that these could have been built to protect people from "dragons" (otherwise known as dinosaurs)? they would certainly fit the bill in my mind for the size and thickness of the stone blocks used.

of other note is that two of these structures have almost the same carving over and around the "door" hole. almost looks like a table or even a letter or rune. it looks familiar for some reason but i can't place it. the main difference being the overhang of the top "bar" and the 2 circles or dots on the upper right of the one.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"Other scientists say they are 4-6000 years old"

Hmmm making them comparable (or likely worse) than other examples of stonework of this period.

Aryan overlords seemingly had alot to learn from the their Antolian bretheren.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great find OP! S&F.

I found these two particularly interesting...

Pyramid anyone?

Hmmmm. This one seems to have stonework from two different eras possibly. The latter being the smaller stones on top.

But we have a problem. As was noted above by Skalla, I'm not so sure about 25,000 years. 6000 sounds a little more like it.

edit on 1/28/2013 by Klassified because: forgot remarks

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
nice one

looks like some sort of irrigation control/drainage

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

The dolmens are not 25000 years old.
Firstly the dolmens are definatively dated to 4 - 2 k bce,

It is in this area that Bronze and Iron Age pottery has been found - which helped date these tombs -, along with human remains, bronze tools and silver, gold and semi-precious stone ornaments.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
Also that timeline falls in line with other megalithic traditions in central and eastern Europe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
author no offense dolmens, skeletons sludge me personally more boilers Siberia surprise
edit on 28/1/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join