It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Police Chief: We Can Disarm Americans Within a Generation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Of course he means himself and all other law enforcement as well, right? That is, they can have weapons while at work but they STAY at the station when your shift is over. No personal weapons. Same for military.

Nossir. No weapons at work, either. Disarmed means DISARMED. The Irish Gardai go unarmed. San Diego cops with any testicular fortitude ought to be able to do the same, particularly if this cat's wet dream of a disarmed populace were to be realized. Just what would they need guns FOR if none of the bad guys had them in a disarmed world?

Amiright?

They should set the example - if guns are so bad, what are the "good guys" doing with them? They ought properly to get rid of theirs first, if they are True Believers in this disarmament thing...

edit on 2013/1/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

yet another reason why I dont like San Diego....

How progressive of him.....oooh....ahhh.....weeee.....wow.....gosh......how freaking commendable.......

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Television is going to play a large part in changing the gun culture in America,here is an interesting read

jonrappoport.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

San Diego Police Chief William Lansdowne is fully supportive of the Obama/Feinstein gun grab, and says if lawmakers play it right Americans can be completely disarmed within "a generation."

Lansdowne has gone on record saying: "I could not be more supportive of the president for taking the position he has. I think it's courageous with the politics involved in this process. [And] I think it's going to eventually make the country safer."

He made it clear that it may take "a generation," but new laws could eventually take all guns off the streets.

www.breitbart.com...

So who was it that was saying there is no agenda to disarm the American population? Well let me spell it out to you a little clearer:

THERE IS.

and once again, we have another FINE example of a person in a position of power (a law enforcement official, who should know better, no less), who swore an oath to the constitution, who apparently ain't read the damn thing....

absolutely fantastic..

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Except the black market.
Which no laws can stop.

Take a look at history...did laws against drugs make them go away within a generation?

Sure is awesome living in a drug free world huh?

Denial and Delusion are not our friends people.

sounds a lot like prohibition. that worked out well.

it will never work like they want, might look good on paper, but unrealistic.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Except the black market.
Which no laws can stop.

Take a look at history...did laws against drugs make them go away within a generation?

Sure is awesome living in a drug free world huh?

Denial and Delusion are not our friends people.

The Government is spending money like it's a monopoly game. They don't care either way for amounts, but normal people do.

Slap a $10,000 reward on EACH weapon reported for successful seizure by authorities after the easy stuff has been taken by all other means and your own family will be a serious threat to turning you in, I'd think.

He can do it if they go far enough into tyranny to accomplish it. At least they can do a GOOD % of it. The thing is...it won't even take a generation to REMOVE people like HIM from their little seats of power they lord over everyone else. He might consider that. He can be fired from his job as quickly as he was hired to it if the community objects. If HIS doesn't? Others absolutely will.....as will entire states.

That'll work until the patriots start executing the families of the agents out to collect the firearms. They'll be the first to go. When the agents rush back they'll be a killing field ambush a-waitin' along with everything boobytrapped.

And somebody gave you a star for that murderous rubbish ! Truly sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I hope nitwits like this aren't stupid enough to try doing this. How do people like that get in a position with any authority when they can't understand even a simple law like the second amendment "shall not be infringed" is he running for most stupid person on earth or what? If your police get killed crashing into someones house to steal their legally owned weapons, the courts will have to find for the homeowners because the law is absolutely clear about gun ownership and your gestapo cops are going to be putting families in harm's way. Men's jobs are simple you protect your family even if it cost's your life. The police who kill you will be up for murder in the commission of a crime so in many states they will face a death penalty. It shouldn't take too many instances before the police will be afraid to go in. Lots of innocent people will die and Obama will be to blame. I find it extremely hard to believe so many people in this country are willing to throw away more than 200 years of freedom on the say of one foreigner. It turns my stomach.

CX

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ah well......at least you got some notice.

That gives you a generation to stock up and lose them or get them stolen.

CX.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
By "all guns" they mean all except government guns. They can keep theirs, of course.

Totalitarians.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
His statement will ensure that it will not happen. Teaching their children gun safety just moved up on the list of things to teach them. I sure hope they keep talking. Everything they do backfires.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I really hope this police chief is right and I really hope this happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I love how the reality of the black market is just dismissed so easily.

Who wants to bet there were idiots like this on the eve of prohibition saying our society would be dry and sober within a generation?

How about cops touting the drug-free utopia we would have as Regan was setting up his "War on Drugs"?

If there is an example of prohibition ever working it's only because it was a thing the people didnt want in the first place.

What these people mean to say is that within a generation all the law-abiding good citizens will be disarmed. Everyone else will be running buck wild with military equipment smuggled in from south of the boarder, eastern asia, and stolen from military installations locally.

Because all those things are happening currently.

So lets keep attacking Mr. and Mrs. America because clearly that's where the problem is.

Everything follows the path of least resistance. Even tyranny. That's why they attack you and me with their crap while letting the sadists and criminals run wild and free.

“If they’re not in the store they can’t be bought.” Representative Carolyn McCarthy

edit on 29-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I guess I'll be among those who would turn you in if you did such a deed. Which would annoy me as you would be using the same if not worse tactics of those I oppose.

Patriots do not murder innocents.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have to Chuckle............ come on folks, this is a 'Moonbeam' California story. Don't it give you pause? Cal =lib, I'm sure the sentiments in the South are much different, heck only one or two states over. Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, etc etc heading south and east, and north..... This Leo is out of touch.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I will make this Chief a deal....

I will give up my guns as soon as him and his whole department gives up theirs.

This idea that you can remove guns from society within a generation is absurd at best. They can not keep weapons or drugs out of maximum security prisons- yet they really think they can keep them off the streets?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Any meaningful confiscation of arms Anywhere in the US would be a 'Call To Arms' and in hours viral, and thereafter lines drawn.
This is becoming old hat, guns are a 'Pandora's Box', and they will never .....never be taken from us, were far too numerous and wise to the history of disarming a nation and the consequences.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Has been really interesting catching up on this thread this morning....some great posts.....

As I said in my earlier post, being from CA, it is my observation that the majority of people here support strict gun laws......and the hardest part is, if there were not underlying issues involved, it's a logical conclusion.

The crazy thing is, I don't own guns, they scare me to death, I shot a rifle once in my life and it almost knocked me on my butt, the sound, the smell, all of it made me a nervous wreck.....my job in this world does not include guns.....lol....so why am I taking so much "heat" defending something I hate?

It has been helpful to educate myself more on what all these different weapons really are, what they are used for, etc. I think people that don't understand guns hear the word "semi automatic" and it provokes an emotional responce...I don't know, I just feel in my heart this is worth standing our ground....
edit on 29-1-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
These are the interviews connected to San Diego Police Chief William Lansdowne's support of the Obama Administration's Gun Grab Policy.

I am reminded of the report that the average IQ of Law Enforcement is 104.

I am also reminded of the morality of our Government, of what they have done in the past, the present and what they are likely to do with or without our consent and why Americans had better be aware of what and who they are considering turning their security over to.
This is just one area for example:

And being a Veteran, Son and Grandson of Veterans, and now the father of a Veteran, I have great cause to not trust or give over utter control of the security of my family to the same people who would commit War Crimes, let alone law enforcement that not only do not protect us but who would openly violate their oath of office.

edit on 29-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
But, but, they only want to ban the "scary semi-automatic black rifles that no one really has a need for" right? They aren't talking about my pistols, hunting rifles, or shotguns. This guy says a generation to get "all guns" off the street. This is a perfect example why those who cherish the Second shouldn't be willing to give an inch on new laws.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What a moron this police chief.

what is he going to want next when he finds the drug cartels across the border from him selling guns to criminals in his city.
Take my guns and i will use my mechanist training to build more.

And they will be very hard to find or even prove i even used. you can't get GSR from a air rifle and alll you need is a bullet mold and a lead block to cast the ammo.

I am is the process of buying one of these just in case since they are not classed as a fire arm at this time and there are no records of there sale keep by the government at this time.
www.pyramydair.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join