It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sheriff and His Deputies CHOKE on the Constitution When Asked the Simple Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The background setting to this is a story in itself, where Morningland Dairy is raided on a court order, destroying a 30-year business with a stellar record, no complaints, and the list goes on. You guys can read about that here:
www.dailypaul.com...

A guy with a camera shows up to document the event, and presses the county sheriff with the simple question, referencing the gun seizures during Katrina:
If you got a court order to disarm the citizens of Howell County, what would you do?

Scroll to 11:00 or so in the video to see the exchange, and then watch what happens when he asks his deputies the same thing.

There is no hesitating, unless you are afraid for your job. And there are some things worth losing your job over. Given that he was there assisting in the destruction of a family, I don't trust that guy, or his deputies. Some of you might think he made the right choice. I don't.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A shame really. But doesn't surprise me. Half of all the people put into power to defend the citizens are nothing but spineless jellyfish. They show their true colors in situations like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I personally do look to the Sheriffs as a hope because they are in a unique position in the structure of power in the U.S. system.

They serve as the most powerful man in a county they're elected in and able to enforce the law over the top of pretty much anyone else. The people can remove them but no one else can fire them outside of criminal misconduct.

To play devil's advocate for a moment and recall the hope above for what I'd like to think is driving a bit of the back peddling on some of the Sheriffs who started out 'rah rah' for telling Obama where to shove it?

What happens if they do, on the first commands, rebel and tell Obama where to stick his gun regs AND agents sent to enforce them? If the FULL weight of state law (like Wyoming, Missouri and others are working to give them) stands with them? Well, it'll be quite a sight to see in trying to steam roll them, given that. I'd pay tickets in some cases.
(The Sheriff would be the one standing free at the end of the day, I'll bet)

If the state (like most) is NOT behind them? It's a VERY lonely stand and what actually happens? They get arrested by federal authority and removed from office by force. Then the REAL BAD part I think they've considered comes. They get replaced by FEDERALLY chosen men to serve in their place or they're at least replaced by men the federal agents find workable.

^^^ So I do wonder here if some Sheriffs are looking at the residents of their county...those who elected them and their own friends and neighbors..and wondering in this marathon we're entering as a nation (not a sprint), which is the greater good? Fighting ONE battle to lose on day 1 or pacing their resistance to be there and mitigate what is coming well after that first battle? It's a long road we're being forced down, IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I only watched the 11:00 minute mark and had to turn it off.

Disgusting.
These people are more concerned with keeping their jobs than their own Constitution.
They are more worried about money than freedom and liberty.
These same officers are telling the cameraman one thing: Money rules.
Forget the law of this great nation...
Forget the entire reason it was founded...
Only allow those in power to delegate laws.
Freedom? What is that?
Liberty? Bah!

This is commonplace across the board, people.
Get used to it or find/replace those who won't stand with you!
Use your intelligence to get real patriots back in these positions!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a shame that more and more farmers are losing their businesses or portions of their businesses...Sure the Sheriffs look bad coming in shutting down shop but they are just the scalpel in the operation...it's these big dairy companies that are putting these smaller ones out of business and we will get use to it just like we got use to and accepted Walmart, Target and Best Buys to come in and strangle out the smaller businesses...you want cheaper products (for the time being) then this is the end result...the police on many occassions conduct work that they don't necessarily agree with but due to laws they have to abide by them...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I used to live in Howell County, and we used to refer to the county seat, West Plains, as "Mayberry with an attitude." It (the town) was a somewhat feudal place, run mostly by two families, and most folks there earned minimum wage.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

It's easy for us to pass judgement on them saying that they care more about their job vs. the constitution...after a while just like any job you get conditioned and desensitized to stuff going on around you...you can call it reprogramming or a lack of empathy but it happens to our police, in our hospitals and in war with our soldiers...but I feel your frustration my friend..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe I am wrong, but look at the faces of the men (especially the bald one).

Do you think everyone should telegraph their intentions? Warn the tyrants of who they cannot count on?

If you want the truth from a cop you stand a better chance if you aren't pointing a camera at them.

ETA - Case in point. I live in Detroit. Recently a family member had violence done against her and threats were made about my house. We called the police and made a report and I was sitting on my porch waiting. Two cops pulled up, looked at me, looked at my gun, asked no questions and said "call us when it's over and we'll clean it up". I doubt they are going to say the same thing at a press conference.
edit on 28-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Our system is collapsing on itself because tyranny is allowed to take a foothold and it's their "Right" to promote anti-human rights rhetoric and to push for Unconstitutional legislation.

Maybe we need to reevaluate everything here.

We need stronger protections for human rights against govt tyranny.

We need a sufficient deterrent because right now piddly handguns and rifles aren't cutting it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They took an oath to defend and uphold the constitution of the United States of America as well as the constitution of their state. If they choose to ignore that oath or violate the constitutions they swore to uphold and protect they should stripped of their badges and authority as law enforcement officers.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Maybe I am wrong, but look at the faces of the men (especially the bald one).

Do you think everyone should telegraph their intentions? Warn the tyrants of who they cannot count on?

If you want the truth from a cop you stand a better chance if you aren't pointing a camera at them.

ETA - Case in point. I live in Detroit. Recently a family member had violence done against her and threats were made about my house. We called the police and made a report and I was sitting on my porch waiting. Two cops pulled up, looked at me, looked at my gun, asked no questions and said "call us when it's over and we'll clean it up". I doubt they are going to say the same thing at a press conference.
edit on 28-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

Some BA cops there.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just watching this now and in tears over this family and what they're going through. I sure hope enough people get behind them to take this all the way to the top and enable them to win, and purchase several farms.

Glad to find a thread. Since you've had a few good ones lately, need to start checking into to say what you're doing next.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But W... not sure about everywhere but up here in the Northeast the Sheriff is an elected official. Can't just go around appointing replacements.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There should be people running around doing this to all the cops
Put them on the spot and then let the rest of the country know which side they are batting for..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obama said these were the most important people in the gun debate.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Then I read what Beau Biden has done in Delaware.
Delaware Sheriffs Stripped OF Arrest Powers by AG

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well to be honest, with no commitment either way- and the sheriff saying "That hasn't happened," we really can't say for sure if and when it did happen and they got a court order to confiscate firearms, that they would do it. They might not. With a career invested, and families to feed, I understand how the question puts them on the spot. I really do. I mean what an inconvenience!

But the revolution put a lot of people on the spot, and even more in their graves. To not state unwavering devotion to the oath, immediately, even in tough spots like this, spits in the face of the very people that died for him to even be living out from under the grubby hands of the throne. Same for his deputies. They really thought they were being smart by avoiding the question, when in fact they were just being cowards.

And I'll guarantee you we can look for the gun grabbers to exploit this weakness across the country, whenever, and wherever they possibly can.

Cold, dead hands, folks. No more compromise. Enough. I only wish to goodness a state or two would secede over this and other federal tyranny. They'd have every damn right at this point, and I couldn't blame them a bit.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I wouldn't call them cowards. I don't run around saying "death to tyrants" and neither should anyone else. America is reaching a tipping point and cool rational debate is going to have to take place. Both sides of this debate have "sleepers" for a lack of a better term.

Pro-gun people that think violence is the answer will find that 50% of their supporters will meekly surrender when the SHTF. Expect that.

Anti-gun people that think rainbows and unicorns will result from a total ban will be left to wonder why they are the next in line. This will cause 50% of their supporters to jump ship, but it will be too late by then.

I still say these men did the right thing. "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn".

new topics

top topics

join