It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drought Kills 300 Million Trees in Just Texas more in Midwest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
is any one 100% certain that its the drought thats killing trees ? what about all of the untold fracking chemicals polluting the available ground water that the trees also use?

Background, here:

* I live in Texas (Dallas)
* my family's all over Texas (lots of places)
* the state is in a severe drought
* the drought has dried up some lakes to the point where ghost towns (inundated when they built the lakes) are starting to reemerge from the water.
* At Audubon this year, 11 of 13 ponds dried up completely, and if we hadn't had all the rain that came this month, we would have lost a 12th pond by now
* we expect the drought will last at least another 3 years. Even with all the rain, the lakes in Dallas are still 1 to 2 feet below normal levels.

Curious as to what the basis is for another 3 years of drought. How do they predict that?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

only an inbred ingrate would say that.....way off subject, my friend, get informed please...we need you to be informed going forward.... thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It seems to me that the timing of these "natural occurances", i.e. the droughts here in Aus and over there is very convenient to furthering the goals of the OWG. By financially breaking the small farmer they can collect all the farms in to the control of a few big companies and then easily control the food supply.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Oh wow. Are you really calling me an inbred? gtfo lol. Get with the program son and wrap it up cause we're all going to be paying for your little mistakes. Only a redneck moron would think otherwise. Good god, educate yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

See www. for Postscript on the Societies of Control. If the reader critiques the typos in that essay, how fascist will they have become when water smuggling requires guns? A report, 7 Jan 2012:
In Texas, Worst Drought on Record, Tress Dying By the Millions
usnews.msnbc.com...

No access? We note the ahistorical mechanism built into Jaba's Matrix, so that a media record of events gets debauched so as to reinforce amnesia in the prisoners. We actually hope Hillary will run for president again, then we'll pull large artillery via information anarchy. Salazar did indeed tour the Colordao River with the Blue Snake. He has since resigned.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

No Shortage of forest here in montana. we are a few inches under par
for winter water, but not many. On average we have gone down the past
5 years or so, but nothing major. i think for the time being our area is safe.

I do feel for those areas that are affected though, another dust bowl is not
something to look forward to.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

We aren't doing too bad here close to Lake Superior either but I do see that a lot of our food does come from areas effected by the drought. I buy my beef locally but know if beef goes way up that our prices will go up for local beef also. I do not feel that it is bad because some of these farmers have been struggling for years and not getting much in return. As long as they don't go investing way to much to expand they will do good. This drought will only last about three more years max hopefully

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
South Central Texas - rainfall at my location

The rain in 2012 wasn't at the time to do much good

2013 3.1
2012 35.1
2011 17.0
2010 33.0
2009 39.8
2008 26.5
2007 64.7

Underbrush mostly gone, large post oaks dying, grass beat into submission.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What is amazing to me is that the insects that are usually dormant from early to mid November until April have never gone away.. It has been awhile since I've even seen a bee and I've seen them all of the time since it has cooled off a little... It's been three years since there was ice on the ground here, that occurred in late April when it snowed like crazy... If we do have a heavy rain after this dry spell I will end up with one foot or deeper ruts in my drive way and the road will be covered with sand that has washed down hill from my property or it could be washed out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join