It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothership Enters Atmosphere Over Russia At Night, Frightens Public, Jan 21, 2013.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Everybody remember the Norway Spiral? That was a rocket launch. It also "persisted" for quite awhile in the sky. It is also, still to this day, the coolest damned thing I have ever seen.

Wa-a-a-ay up near the top of my own list, too.

Probably the highest: the STS-75 tether, loose and hanging straight down, orbiting on its own after the shuttle had landed. Back-of-neck-hair-raising, and I still KNEW what it was, and got the chills anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
It seems to me to be either just before dawn or just after dusk, meaning that the elevation would be in direct sunlight, even though it is dark on the ground...

Hence the "lighted" vapor trail...

It appears to me to be lighted from directly above. Do you seem it as lighted from the side? If so please point out what exactly indicates that to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Three pages and I have seen only two people say the reflection of the sun on the horizon illuminating the high altitude vapor trail, only two people have it correct, now three.

Nat Geo

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Russia has one launch so far this year, on Jan 15, and they had a technical problem during the upper stage (although mission success).

So if this is Russia, then it wasn't the 21st.

Source

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I've never heard of such a BS dialogue. UFO, radiation, War of the Worlds etc. Those ppl are really crazy.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsirius

It makes more terrestrial sense that this was a nighttime missile launch than some celestial worm-hole explanation.

And OP, what gives you the unmitigated gall to bait this thread with the word 'mothership' ? How did a wormhole turn into a mothership? I don't know what's worse the freedom of writing whatever you want or the people who believe it!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My friends,

One picture looks like a rocket launch, three of them look like a plane going through the sound barrier.

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ha ha ha, my friend..

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Maybe it was Common Sense flying out the window (and up into space)

Ha ha haaa

Thank you, how funny

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting source!
Amazing that they found the squirrel, but failed to see the plainly visible cockatiel.
Must be some kind of NASA cover-up.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So thats one rocket launch... imagine a gaggle of these things filling the sky. Thats what the end of the world will look like.

There will be booms.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsirius

Cool video. Has anyone checked out the original video? It's linked in the YT'ers description box. It only has a couple hundred views but if you all want you can have YT translate their dialogue via the CC (Closed Captioned) option. These Russians believe it's aliens.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

It seems to me to be either just before dawn or just after dusk, meaning that the elevation would be in direct sunlight, even though it is dark on the ground...

It appears to me to be lighted from directly above. Do you seem it as lighted from the side? If so please point out what exactly indicates that to you.

What you fail to visualize is that the contrail is not solid. It appears as such, but is made of billions of tiny particles. Each particle acts like a mirror, reflecting light all by itself. So, the distance from the sun to the nearest particle and then reflected to your eye, versus the distance to the furthest particle and back to your eye, is insignificant. Also, the light reflecting from each vapor drop will refract through adjoining drops, which will give the appearance of color changes in the length of the trail, itself!

Hence, the effect.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
As already pointed out you have to be careful of the source and date claimed in the video.

Is it just me or does it not resemble footage from the Russian missile launch during June 2012? Is this simply footage of the June 2012 event from a different perspective?

Video at following link

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Not just you....

Its exactly the same.

Sorry Op.... but thanks never the less. Ya just never know.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm just going to go out on the limb and say it. It's a craft designed by a secret government program to explore what us feeble still think is science fiction.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by JayinAR
Everybody remember the Norway Spiral? That was a rocket launch. It also "persisted" for quite awhile in the sky. It is also, still to this day, the coolest damned thing I have ever seen.

Wa-a-a-ay up near the top of my own list, too.

Probably the highest: the STS-75 tether, loose and hanging straight down, orbiting on its own after the shuttle had landed. Back-of-neck-hair-raising, and I still KNEW what it was, and got the chills anyway.

Yeah the tether was pretty wild looking out in space.

What I found even more hair raising about the video, were the "space debris" examining it... Moving under it, over it... Stopping on a dime and turning around to get a second glance of said tether.

Definitely up there for me too.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Missile moving through a cloud bank. The viewing angle makes it look strange. The spiral at the end looks to be a missile stage separation. Thats what I see.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

It appears to me to be lighted from directly above.

“People will believe what they want to believe”. Henry Louis Mencken

I find it ironic that that is your signature. But as numerous other posters have pointed out, it is in fact lighted from from the sun.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
THEIR HERE!

Well it's about dang time.

Took them long enough.

I don't know why everyone is so scared. They should be embracing the idea of them landing.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join