It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy victims left out in the cold during arctic blast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The brutal cold snap affecting much of the country is taking a devastating toll on victims of superstorm Sandy, many of whom are camped out in tent cities or living in homes without power, heat or running water. I can't belive this ...what happened to Obama cutting through all the red tape . thousands of people with no real houseing and heat.
What happened to all those Fema trailers? I know of 25 here in Connecticut set up for Sandy victims for New Yorkers.
This is just unbelievable!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

WUT? The infamous, overcontroling and far too big government is not doing anything possible for its citizens?

Where will we go from here?... Okay, this was sarcasm, if it didn't shine through bright enough.

What do you want? More shelters? Built by whom? Free market? Why not..

Oh, you want them for free. Who pays for them?

Oh, the government..

Okay, so the government is responsible for your shelter.
Why?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Because our taxes paid for it?
Because there are thousandsof trailers sitting aroung going unused which the govt bought for this exact purpose?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What is both notable and ironic is the complete lack of media coverage. When Katrina struck there was nearly a six month chorus blasting Bush's command over FEMA - whose response was much more acceptable than what we are witnessing today. Yet, not. a. single. word.

The same applies to Code PInk, anti-war protests, Patriotic Act protests, etc... where have they all gone??? None of these events have been resolved. No threats mitigated. We are in the EXACT same position today as we were a decade ago - perhaps worse. And all is met with silence.

If this isn't proof of psychological operations, a co-opted media complex and the pacificity of the sheeple then I don't what would constitute one.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The number of people who ARE being helped by state and federal government is FAR larger than the number of people who are still struggling with the effects of Sandy... Of course, FOX is is going to highlight those still suffering, so they can use it as a political tool, much like the OP has here, blaming Obama.

Secondly, MANY people are choosing to stay in their homes without heat and electricity, even though they could go to a hotel.

It would be interesting if people would hold consistent ideas on whether or not the government should help people in hard times or let them take care of themselves. I guess it changes depending on what is politically convenient.

edit on 1/28/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The number of people who ARE being helped by state and federal government is FAR larger than the number of people who are still struggling with the effects of Sandy... Of course, FOX is is going to highlight those still suffering, so they can use it as a political tool, much like the OP has here, blaming Obama.

Secondly, MANY people are choosing to stay in their homes without heat and electricity, even though they could go to a hotel.

It would be interesting if people would hold consistent ideas on whether or not the government should "save" people in hard times or let them take care of themselves.

The response has been dismal if you listen to the actual people affected... and not the MSM (whatever network).

I wonder why we don't hear about it though?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It would be interesting if people would hold consistent ideas on whether or not the government should help people in hard times or let them take care of themselves. I guess it changes depending on what is politically convenient.

edit on 1/28/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Paragraph one: Isn't that what ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS et al did during the follow-on from Hurricane Katrina? I mean, really??? No hypocrisy there as they have been completely SILENT on the suffering of Hurricane Sandy victims -even from the onset!

Paragraph 2: Of course they are! The government is arbitrarily tearing down unoccupied houses. These people are protecting what very little they have left - no thanks to FEMA!

Paragraph 3: Same applies! Obviously those victimized by a natural disaster are in a different position than someone sitting on their ass in Section 8 housing, collecting WIC and playing Xbox all day. I'm sure if you put some thought into it you could see the difference - maybe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can understand the victims who want to stay in their homes. They don't want to lose them, or have them robbed or destroyed.

I'm sorry that there are people there still having a rough time.

We have to look at this as a lesson that we cannot rely on the govt to take care of us. We have to stand on our feet and get prepared now.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is Truly a Horrible Shame, America Gives away Billions & Trillions to many countries even though America is Broke and when Disaster Hits Home They just can't get off their Butts to Help the People who need and there is no reason for it, Same as Katrina. "God Bless America" ha.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I called my brother in-law on Long Island, his cousin is a fire chief in Staten Island. I asked him to see if he could find out any information on why their are no Fema trailers there.

Well he called his cousin and he said Fema refuses to place trailers in Staten Island cause they concider Staten Island a flood plain!

Give me a break !

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Der Fuehrer promised there would be no red tape to get assistance, that assistance would be IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE...he said this BEFORE THE REELECTION...
Now that the election is over and hes back in office, itrs pretty much EFF the victims

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He cannot be elected again BH, you can stop the PR, campaign.

I do recall nothing but criticism for all things Bush, and FEMA during Katrina, now since Obama has been elected FEMA is the best thing since apple pie.

Who doesn't stay consistent?

edit on 103131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He cannot be elected again BH, you can stop the PR, campaign.

I do recall noting but criticism for all things Bush, and FEMA during Katrina, now since Obama has been elected FEMA is the best thing since apple pie.

Who doesn't stay consistent?

edit on 093131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Seems odd, we just don't hear of any problems with Sandy any more. Obama got his photo op with Chris Christy, now everything is hunky dory!

I have spoken to numerous people on site in the area of destruction in the course of my work. All is not well.
I also have friends that live in the path of destruction.
I have watched local news reports that show people that have been put up in motels by FEMA since the storm, now being thrown out..... their homes have not been rebuilt or repaired yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Like you I have friends AND family in the area. I hear fairly regularly that almost nothing is being done - very little infrastructure work. Zero federal assistance in making homes inhabitable. In fact, it seems that the insurance companies and independent charities are about the only things seen regularly in the affected areas.

Again, ZERO mention on the news. I guess they don't want to have a negative impact of "Dear Leader's" image.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I guess they don't want to have a negative impact of "Dear Leader's" image.

On any issue, I just don't get it, why is it so important to make Obama look like the best president we have ever had?

Maybe they are really trying to protect their own credibility.

edit on 113131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

because he is their savior
whats he saving from, i dunno...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Stormdancer777

because he is their savior
whats he saving from, i dunno...

I find this very interesting, and would love to hear more feedback on why they are still in the tank for Obama, of course they may be preparing for the next democratic candidate, that wont happen if Obama is a big failure along with his agenda.

Is all this silence really to keep their side in office?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maybe the citizens should put out a request for international aid.That should shame the bastards in Washington.Then again I think one has to actually have a conscious to feel shame.This is a national disgrace thanks to fema and the hear no evil,see no evil media.Third world governments would have made more of an effort to help their people than we have.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Does anyone know if funding has been started and disbursed yet to the residents? Funny how the media has shut up about it all but locally here in mo I heard on our local news how we are short on Salvation Army volunteers because most of our people are still working sandy.

I too would have stayed in place to keep my home from being robbed, taken over by homeless, or otherwise vandalized.

The thing is why does fema not give out generators and heat sources for those still without power? They could even loan them out in this situation to be used again in the future.

I am sorry that people are suffering I really am. When I think of the stinking rich, how they could come to the aid of the needy right now my blood boils. When Actors and Athletes get billions of dollars per year to entertain these people, all of us you would think that they could do something like I mentioned and even get a tax write off if they planned it properly.

Sheese seems like they are just hoping for more deaths related to this disaster. The people in control have no freaking brains.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

from what I understand Fema is doing crap down there. they should have at least heated tents and food ...so much for Goverment take caring of our own!

Only people like you and me are giving help!

I am in direct contact with my brother laws cousin to see how our F.D. can help

top topics

<<   2 >>

join