It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Makeshift Weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My recommendation would be a bag of marbles.Just don't lose them;this is a problem that seems to occur all to often these days.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Marbles would work!
A sock will also work good as you can:
A. store the marbles
B. swing the sock around to hit people with the marbles

Okay here's another one:
-Fill up a glass bottle with shards of anything sharp - glass, metal, etc
> Throw it at target

Okay, if you're really struggling for a weapon, just grab some devices that have attached cords. For example, speakers. Swing your speaks around - holding on to the cords. Hit someone in the head with them. This weapon really is a last resort...

For protecting your home:
Put coins all around the floor; not near your escape route - but near obvious entries.
It's really easy to slip on coins if you have a 'slick' floor.

Hang things that clatter above your doors, so the doors hit them when they open. That way you'll know when someone enters/leaves.

If you have time, learn how to build a trapdoor.
Put a trapdoor near your ground windows. Build it so when a window is opened, the trapdoor opens, thus trapping the person opening the window.

Ruin your attic ceiling, yet keep it somewhat sturdy. Basically, screw with your attic so the roof stays on, but if someone steps on your roof they'll fall through into a bunch of deadly spikes or objects.

False water supplies. Most likely, tap water won't be working in a world-changing event. So have a supply of water that looks normal...except poison it. If you are ever killed, or your house is taken over, perhaps the intruder(s) will drink it. You may never see the outcome, but hey - why not, right?

Hang up sheets & objects around your house. Basically, make it very hard to navigate for someone who is not used to the terrain. You'll have a serious advantage against any intruder(s).

Line up some wire from one room, to another room on the other side of the house. This wire should be strong, and should support something that can make a good amount of noise (if it drops/breaks). Have a pair of wirecutters near this wire. When you are being invaded, go into your room with the wire/wirecutter. Cut the wire. The wire will slack up and the object(s) will fall, thus causing noise in another part of your house. The intruder may think your in another room, when really your not. You could: A- attack, or B-escape

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

I have no need for weapons.Tools are much better than weapons.Also-you missed the point of what I was trying to say(or half of it anyway)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
When it comes to survival-the only useless item is an empty/hollow coconut.
edit on 10-2-2013 by TheWetCoast because: had to add a word

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I can't say enough about PVC pipe bows. With a piece of 3/4 inch schedule 40 pipe that is 4 feet long, you can make a 35-40 pound recurve bow. At Home Depot (where I live) a 10 foot long section of 3/4 inch schedule 40 pipe is only just over two dollars.

I recently made a 55 pound recurve out of 1 inch pipe (56 inches long) and that thing is awesome. Should the opportunity ever come where I had to use it to defend my family, it would definitely kill somebody easily. I pray that never happens, but you never know.

Instead of buying pre-made arrows, I use 5/16 inch wood dowels and make the fletchings out of duct tape (shield shaped fletchings work best for me). The only reason I do that is because I like the idea of having arrows that are just as effective as "professional" ones, but if one breaks or if I lose one, I'm only out maybe one dollar (that's including all the materials used to make it).

I recommend stocking up on PVC pipe and watching videos on Youtube about how to make the bows. It's easy once you get the hang of it. It takes me under 2 hours to make a bow now. And again, the Backyard Bowyer is amazing at building PVC pipe bows. Here is a link to his channel:

www.youtube.com...

And just last night I found a seller on ebay that sells really cheap arrow points. They aren't fancy hunting heads, but I certainly wouldn't want one coming at me on an arrow that's traveling at 160 fps. They would work for small game, if you had to. They are effective and you get 100 for only 9 bucks

www.ebay.com...

PLEASE NOTE: I do not condone owning weapons with the intention of hurting or killing people. But, I do think it is not a bad idea to be able to make your own weapons cheaply and easily, just in case you need them; whether it be for hunting food to feed your family, fend off a wild animal, or protect your family and friends from any other type of predator.

Plus, archery is fun.
edit on 10-2-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to [url=staements over the years
edit on 10-2-2013 by condition9 because: (no reason given)
meant for unity-99
edit on 10-2-2013 by condition9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by condition9

I have NEVER read a comment that was filled with as much hate as yours.The only weapon you will be bringing to a fight is a hollow coconut.Violence is not a solution as it only causes more problems.I suggest that you pay attention to what other members of this site have to say(unless you are afraid of learning something).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

hey west coast don' tknow yet about you but untill you have walked in my shoes or think you can fill them please bring it !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

My marbles verses your guns then.I don't think you have what it takes(but that is only my opinion).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I am more than willing I learned lessons from the Gospel also I have done seri ous c ombat things that so far you are concerned about marble attacking me?? lol!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You seem to be in a very dark place and if you are willing I will try to help.But you clearly do not understand what marbles are.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

my riendYOU think I am in a darkplace?? ink about all of my brothers and sisters going along withn the bull#??? I will die along my brothers and sisters in life!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The fact that you call people down speaks volumes to me.Does it make you feel good to degrade others?You claim to read the gospel;I think you need to re-read it.Co-operation is an essential part of survival and without that key factor the only things we will have are fear,anger,hate,and violence.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey, I know you guys are in a serious discussion, but let's move forward with new ideas instead of debating the use of coconuts, marbles, internal darkness, and combat experience.
If you have combat experience, you'll understand that someone with marbles is a threat. Someone who thinks 'I can deal with anyone', or in the person's above case, 'I can deal with someone with marbles' is usually the one who underestimates the opponent and loses.

So, with all that said, let's think of makeshift weapons.
> Big slingshot (like for waterballoons) - Shoot glasses, etc - anything hard or sharp/something that can shatter
> Put a bucket of flammable stuff near your window. If someone's below you, chuck this down and throw something on fire (that won't go out due to air resistance) to light em up. Note: you may burn your house down.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well my intentions was to have a not serious talk but too much to drink and not enough sleep-although I am learning to grow vegetables -lol and I pretty much was interested in humourous responses - not so serious

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Well, I just now got on here, and I just saw this long argument ensuing, and I just want to say one thing:

Anybody with anything can be dangerous if they know how to use it properly, even if its marbles. A man should never underestimate anybody, no matter how weak they seem to be. (Sorry, WetCoast. I'm not saying your weak, I'm just trying to put out a point.
) For instance, people underestimate my fighting ability alot. They end up regretting it later, usually when they regain consciousness after the fight.

So do not presume one to be weak simply because of your experience or their weapon. Anything can be deadly, even pvc.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

When I speak of using marble I am talking about your wits/mind(thus the bit about not losing them). Using an empty/hollow coconut means not thinking.My apologies for clogging this thread up/going off topic a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join