It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

People are so ethnically mixed, that I think having blue eyes, ginger hair, blonde hair etc as you said, Isnt really an indication of where you are from. I quite agree.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Because its a human right. You can say you agree with the violation of human rights.

No one is violating their right to have children. If they want to have children in the next year or so .. they just don't immigrate. It is the right of the country to set the rules for immigration into it .... and it is the right of the person to accept those rules or not. If they do not accept the rules .. then they don't immigrate. It's very simple.

the Ethiopians were not told before entering the country that their duty was to be infertile as they are a minority ethnically.

IF the people immigrating were not told the rules AND not told what the birth control was before the person entered the country, then that would be wrong on the part of the country.

BTW .. the birth control wouldn't last that long. It only works temporarily while they are entering the country and getting settled. Considering the statistics I posted about these immigrants and their extreme poverty and lack of ability to take care of themselves, I can understand why the government would want immigrants to wait to get adjusted before having more children. The country has a right to limit incoming immigrant baggage that it's taxpayers would have to endure.

Temporary birth control hurts no one. It's good for the state and good for the immigrants. It hurts no one and the state has the right to ask for it ... and the people have a right to say 'no' and not immigrate.

You cannot have different rules for people because of their skin color, do you not get this

A country can set any immigration rules it wants to. A person has a right to accept those rules and immigrate .. or reject them and not immigrate. Do you not get this?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If this is considered genocide or ethnic cleansing, what must you all think about the systematic slaughter of African americans by planned parenthood? * hearing Crickets*

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It still does not give them a right to sterilize them.

1 - No one is 'sterilized'. It is a temporary birth control.

2 - The state has EVERY RIGHT to set the immigration laws for it's country. No one is forced to immigrate and therefore no one is forced to take birth control measures.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

right the issue is that they were clearly coerced into accepting sterilization (temporary but with a high potential for long term residual effects) under the guise of it being necessary for their health (and it is very apparent that this was not a simple miscommunication but a conscious effort)

and now that wide spread attention has been brought to this disgusting practice it is being swiftly brought to an end to maintain appearances .....because after all.... appearance is everything
edit on 28-1-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Oh what a silly thing to say. She was merely pointing out that this can lead to further violations.
Planned parenthood is best. But give one options of what contraceptives to take for goodness sakes. This contraceptions they were given have side effects such as infertility, so they shouldnt be taken lightly.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The allegation that the Israeli authorities were targeting Ethiopian women for prescription of the drug Depo-Provera was first reported five years ago. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population.

Ok, notice the key words in the above.

Targeting Ethiopian women..

Next, these women were already in Israel, not immigrating.

57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian.

And just to top it off.

less than 2 percent of the population

What does this have to do with immigration laws? These people were already in the country as citizens? From what I can gather, they have been misled and who ever was doing it, knew exactly what they were doing. Even if this was an immigration problem and I'm sure not all immigrants are Ethiopian, did the rest of them have to follow the same protocol?
edit on 28-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well you are going into the territory of planned parenthood for all nations.You and bill gates would get along like a house on fire.

No, the world would fast become a hell hole if people are again treated differently , especially in democratic countries, just because of their color. But the proposal of planned parenthood, for a greater many people, isnt a bad option. But it has to be offered, not forced. Forcing is really abuse.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

the world would fast become a hell hole if people are again treated differently , especially in democratic countries, just because of their color.

I already provided information proving the immigration law was based on ECONOMIC reasons. Please provide proof that this is an anti-black campaign. Good luck with that.

Again .. for those who may have missed it ...

Statistics on Ethiopians living in Israel

55% have arrived since 1990.

55% are under the age of 18.

And 60% of the families have five children or more.

Only 28% of Ethiopian adults had any formal education in Ethiopia. 70% had never picked up a pencil.

45% of Ethiopian adults can't hold a conversation in Hebrew.

65% of Ethiopian families don't have a breadwinner; 27% of 24- to 44-year-old men are unemployed ... and 66% of 45- to 65-year-old men.

Only 50% of Ethiopian three-year-olds attend pre-school, compared to 95% of other Israelis.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
What does this have to do with immigration laws? These people were already in the country as citizens?

From what we have read, it is part of the immigration law that these people would have to be on birth control for a while. It is part of the agreement they make to become Israeli citizens. If someone agrees to this and becomes a citizen, and then changes their mind, they should have their citizenship stripped and they should go back to whatever hole they came from.

IF a person enters the country and is LIED TO about this agreement .. that is different. Some people are claiming that they were lied to. If that's the case, then they should be told the rules and get a new chance to agree to them or to reject them and return to whatever country they came from.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

More African American babies are aborted in Amerika than any other race.
www.blackgenocide.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Okay, but they have the option. I mean if they GET pregnant they should have a clue about what they want to do. In the UK we have the morning after pill.If you are uncertain about the man or how you feel about becoming a mother you immediately take this and no harm is done to anyone. Instead what your finding then in the USA is women who are seeing abortion as a contraception. This is therefore, a big problem. Why dont they just get on contraceptives?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyCarrier

Originally posted by WaterBottle

A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians

Haaretz reports that the Health Ministry Director General Prof. Ron Gamzu, has instructed the four health maintenance organizations in the country to stop the practice immediately. The Israeli ministry and other state agencies have for long denied allegations that the government-funded health facilities were targeting Ethiopian women for selective use of the contraceptive.

The allegation that the Israeli authorities were targeting Ethiopian women for prescription of the drug Depo-Provera was first reported five years ago. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population.

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to." According to the report, officials threatened to deny some applicants entry into Israel if they refused to accept the injection.
In her 2009 study, Eyal described the drug use as part of an "unspoken [official] policy" aimed to "reduce the births in a community that is mostly black and poor."

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

So Israel is finally proven to be participating in ethnic cleansing against the brown "undesirables". I'm sure they would do this to Palestinians if given the chance.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Ethnic cleansing? Right....what would you say if millions of immigrants moved illegally to your country, and threatened to change your demographics virtually over night. In business we call this a hostile takeover. Nobody is saying that these Ethiopians are intending to do it, but a Jewish state, with a Jewish minority is no longer really a Jewish state, now is it? It's a small country, with huge demographic issues.

Isn't that the same concerns that the Nazi's had back in the day? Do you see what they did as a good way to keep the jewish population from taking over the business sector?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Again .. for those who may have missed it ...

Statistics on Ethiopians living in Israel

55% have arrived since 1990.

55% are under the age of 18.

And 60% of the families have five children or more.

Only 28% of Ethiopian adults had any formal education in Ethiopia. 70% had never picked up a pencil.

45% of Ethiopian adults can't hold a conversation in Hebrew.

65% of Ethiopian families don't have a breadwinner; 27% of 24- to 44-year-old men are unemployed ... and 66% of 45- to 65-year-old men.

Only 50% of Ethiopian three-year-olds attend pre-school, compared to 95% of other Israelis.

So what you are saying, is Israel isn't for Jews, Just Rich Jews.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I recently saw a documentary on homeless africans living in parks and the locals were livid about their prescence and gave them on heck of a time renting or anything else.

Just goes to show you some people learn and some dont and empathy is not a universal in our species not matter the Caust if you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There's 7 billion humans on the planet. The US, all of Europe and many countries in Asia have a pretty strict policy of prioritizing human life, educating children and providing free healthcare, food and a place to live for all people. Can we please stop pretending like denying poor women the "right" to have children is some sort of crisis that's going to hail the end of times. Poor people exercising their "right" is just costing the rest of us a lot of money and swelling prison populations. Having children should soon be a "right" only exercisable by those that are entirely off the public dole.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

Okay now you are dreaming. So people end up in prison because of parenting? How does this work... hmm. I thought the criminal tendency was not passed down. Not every law breaker had parents who were on benefits for their entire time. Infact Im sure many had parents who tried the best they could. But you know some peoples brains are wired that way. And sterilizing parents because of their economic situation wont prevent criminals from existing and populating prisons.

I think mental illness is the biggest reason for criminality, and this can accur in any social class. Upper, middle, working or lower.

You also have a huge amount of people with somewhat deprived backgrounds who have become extremely successful. Or have great talents.

Infact, quite a few homeless folk have gone on to be majorly successful multi millionaires and educated.

So your walking a fine line here.

edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This is old news . It wasnt forced it was offered. Incidently, Im female and living in the UK and they do the same here they offer certain products and want you to chose some depending on your situation. They do give you options but when new forms of contraceptions come out you feel abit of a pressure.
I myself have had that contraceptive, its an injection with all contraceptions you feel there are some side effects but on the whole its fine. Its no big deal, really.

So I feel this is a good thing. Why should women just be breeding and breeding constantly? Seems silly.

I guess that goes for all women. Give them a break. Much better to have kids later in life than upon arrival into a foreign country.

So I dont see this as blackmail nor racism. Its merely trying to keep the numbers down for a while, until they establish themselves.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

If it was informed consent, that's one thing, but this seems more like misleading and pressuring. If a nation doesn't want to hand out welfare checks and free healthcare - then end those practices. Don't interfere with a person's right to reproduce as they see fit. Would certain things in the world be improved if everybody followed a stringent set of rules regarding certain things? Of course. And we could continue to regulate human life until we have a clean planet, with ample food and living space for all, so that all can be efficient producing machines for the system. We could even only allow genetically-approved offspring when a license to reproduce is granted. In the end, we'll have everything we want as a species. Except, of. Purse, our humanity and our freedom.

To take away someone's right to reproduce is absolutely disgusting. To take away someone's right to continually reproduce on the backs of others' hard work (I.e. Living off of welfare by continuing to have more babies on can't afford) is totally acceptable to me. You want this welfare check? (beyond a limited incident and lifetime maximum) you can have it - but during the time you are collecting a check, benefits will be suspended if you become pregnant. And if you'd like, we can provide bc pulls, shots, or condoms, free of charge.

That is reasonable. Israeli Eugenics, on the other hand, would have been too over-the-top unbelievable to be part of an Alanis Morisette song.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I never mentioned sterilization. But perhaps people who are hard working, have made sacrifices to succeed and understand what it takes to make it in this world have more valuable life lessons to pass on to children. If Israel does not wish to develop a massive subculture of unproductive people they would do well to control the population of their least productive class, for the time being. Perhaps self sufficiency should grant one the right to procreate, part of the requirements for accepting your countries social welfare benefits could be a 3 to 6 month birth control shot.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Nothing in the stuff you posted said that this was "forced". The women quoted stated that they were told it was for birth control. The article states clearly that an option to refuse was available. There is no proof that anyone was forced to take such a shot. None. The article tries very hard to push the idea that this was somehow racist, with no real reason to do so (except, perhaps, racism of their own, against Jewish people?). They even talk about blood being rejected or tossed out, and fail to discuss any possible reasons, such as some infection or other. Now, if there is actual proof of such an activity, let that proof be offered. All we have so far are allegations. If such could be proven, that would be a serious thing. I think I will wait for proof, though, and not simply decide that any accusations means there was a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join