It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Abortion is worse than prevention. It's not the same at all. I think aborted babies are used for something. Cos they happen too often. And it's true counselling or thought to the mothers feelings aren't considered. And that goes for all races.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Do you guys even read the news sources?
It clearly states that these are Ethiopian women, who come from a community of hundreds of thousands of refugees that fled the barbaric and horror - filled lives (in Africa), and found refuge under Israel's wing. These women come from a very simple lifestyle, into a technologically - advanced country (Israel). There are contraceptive programs, as there should be, available to Ethiopian women as part of public Sexual Education programs in Israel aimed at bringing the Ethiopean community up to date with all of the available options for keeping a healthy lifestyle.
Now the issue was that some of these Ethiopean women probably just nodded and smiled, pretending to understand the medical practitioner that was explaining the vaccination to them, and they just nodded in agreement or something. It was a temporary issue of communication, that was rectified and brought to light in the Israeli media.

Instead, some of you are bending and twisting the words your way, and I never understood that practice. That is exactly like inventing a fairy tale and forcing yourself and others to believe it. Boggles my mind as to WHAT's the bottom - line motive for this continuous demonization of Israel.
Go worry yourselves with some real issues around the world, like Syria for example.
edit on 28-1-2013 by truthseeking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeking

You are right, that is one thing that bothers me the most, people want to read and speculate on what they want while forgetting the real issue on this article.

Personally I don't condemn Israel from using birth control into immigrants specially due to the fact that immigrants specially when space is limited at least they welcome this people into their nation.

reply to post by FreedomEntered

Well now that you bring the subject lets talk about that a bit, Ethiopians practice polygamy in their own nation young girls are forced into marriage to men that already have more than one wife.

I don't know how Israel enforce their laws into immigrants, but if you have a small nation like Israel that open the doors to immigrants but those immigrants have different cultures and practices something have to be done.

You can not have mutilations of females and multiple marriages running rampant in a limited space specially when young girls have not other role but been forced into marriage as teens to become breeders by men that have more than one women to do that.

That is a whole lot of babies to feed. No to take also into consideration that morbidity rate in Ethiopian women is 76% more due to child birth than anything else.

I see this as a health issue and concern for the women involved than a conspiracy of some kind.

Analytical summary of Ethiopia

www.aho.afro.who.int...:Analytical_summary_-_Gender_and_women's_health

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeking

yes but options were not given. ie in the western world women are involved in the contraception process. They are asked what form of contraceptive they think would be appropriate for their life.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

you don't listen. They are Jews. Only men are circumcised.Ethiopian Jews,maybe they are not keen for their numbers to grow. Actually even for immigrants it's a violation of rights.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If anyone was tricked or forced into taking it, it is diabolical eugenics.

If nothing like that happened, which is doubtful, and instead they were informed of the facts and allowed to choose from the many options available, than it is personal choice.

That is the difference between a free society and a tyranny. Choice/Knowledge vs Force/Fraud.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

edit on 28-1-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by WaterBottle

israel really makes my blood boil!! i hope that if theres going to be a world war 3 it should be the rest of the planet against israel, i am not a racist, i just hate israel. why in the #### did we even give them a land that nebukadnessar won fair and square ages ago!!! it doesnt belong to them, no matter what my bible shaped toilet paper says!

get over it, and live somewhere else like the rest of the gypsies!

when will the madness end?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Yes, they are "Jews" but since the first wave of Israeli Jews of 30,000 it has grown to 100,000 within a generation, because Israel still falls under the Law of Return the government is afraid that infiltration of non Israelis is taking place, adding more danger of factions and trouble makers within the Ethiopian areas.

It seems that Israel is finding itself now harder to pin point who are real Ethiopian Jews or from Jew decent that those that are claiming to come from Jewish background and hard to prove.

Is very interesting, I had no clue that Israel was having such problems within their own border beside the one we are so familiar with.

edit on 28-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm on the Depo-Provera.

Very effective - Although not entirely safe, however, I'm willingly taking the chances, these folk aren't.

I agree it should be optional and not forced..I must say its a bloomin good idea though! lol

edit on 28-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I took Depo when it first came out in the early 90s, but on the second shot, I had side effects that left me with no other choice but to stop.

It did work for most of my childbearing age friends of my time but it could add 10 pounds of weigh due to water retention.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know what Israel's immigration policies are? I know I'll be blasted for this but here goes anyway. Here in the States there has been such an explosion of illegal immigrants crossing the border just to give birth so their child is an American citizen & because that child is a citizen by birth the mother can't be deported. This is where our policies have failed miserably. My opinion is this (& it's nothing more than my personal opinion to which I'm entitled): If a woman crosses the border & gives birth her child is put up for adoption & she's deported. If one chooses the legal route they are required to be on birth control until they've passed the citizenship test & secured steady employment. What then is to prevent them from quitting their job & going on the dole? A limit on how long an individual can live off of the tax payers. Of course there are always holes & if someone is determined enough they'll find a way around the law but it would be a start.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I can understand Israel giving vaccinations on arrival to ensure no African/tropical diseases or viruses enter Israel. What I don't agree with is telling someone you are giving them a vaccine only to give them something which will stop them reproducing. This is wrong, it is deceitful on the Israeli governments behalf and I hope these people find a decent lawyer who can sue the living smoke out of who ever is responsible.

You can argue "its their country" or anything else you choose, but when it comes down to it, the Israeli government lied to these people and they should know better. They continue to get away with anything they persue and people wonder why there is so much hate towards Zionism. They don't help themselves and they certainly aren't doing the Israel people any favours.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Well for what I have read, already, Israel used too enforce prove of Jewish decent .

But as the first wave of immigrants from Ethiopia already took hold and actually has become important members of society, what have come after that is questionable.

The law that allow the influx of Ethiopian immigrants is still valid but now is more difficult to check for backgrounds on the people claiming to be Jews descendants.

Still the courts in Israel are not that bad they still protect Ethiopians that claim to be Jews even without prof.

I think that is a dangerous precedent.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It is my observation that most people have been so severally and repeatedly indoctrinated to think of Nazi Death Camps when the word Jew is brought up that the moment the term Zionist is mentioned, they have already # their brains down and closed their minds.

But, for what it is worth, if you will simply stop and open your minds long enough to investigate the facts, you will find that Zionists are behind pretty much all of the problems faced by humanity.

List a problem topic and odds are the facts will lead to the Zionists.
edit on 28-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Proof of heritage. Wow. I don't believe your ancestry should dictate where you live as long as you're there legally &, in some way, a productive member of society. Of course there are individuals who have disabilities & aren't capable of working but that isn't by choice, being able bodied & a drain on society is a choice, a conscious decision. We don't know these immigrants to Israel, their intentions, education levels or individual skill sets therefore I can't & won't judge, I just hope that they're providing for themselves & their families.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I could put a thread up right now that would send Zionist supporters into a frenzy. But I'm not going to waste my time because I risk being banned and I'm sure a few members would report me
It is one subject that I will not touch. I'm happy with what I know and others can work it out for themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

For what I have read, the depo was given without consent to women that were "in transit" to camps in Israel from Ethiopia.

Second the explanation given was that the Israeli government was having problems identifying which immigrants were actually real Jews from those that were claiming to be Jews

Third once they were in Israel they doctors were told to stop giving them the shots.

Nearly 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have moved to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has been questioned by some rabbis. Last year, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who also holds the health portfolio, warned that illegal immigrants from Africa “threaten our existence as a Jewish and democratic state”.

Haaretz published an extract from a letter sent by the Ministry of Health to units administering the drug. Doctors were told “not to renew prescriptions for Depo Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment”.

Sharona Eliahu Chai, a lawyer for the Association of Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), said: “Findings from investigations into the use of Depo Provera are extremely worrisome, raising concerns of harmful health policies with racist implications in violation of medical ethics. The Ministry of Health’s director-general was right to act quickly and put forth new guidelines.”

Even when we here in the US can debate the rights or not of immigrants in Israel and call them names and tell that they are racist, I still see behind the whole bickering and point out that they do have a legit reason to be worry about the immigrants coming into the state of Israel

Now that they have done something about informing the women about ramifications of the Depo rather than inoculating them without telling that is their choice.

I am of the believe that Israel or any other nation have the right to use any means to control who comes in into their nations. plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

This are the requirements of the Law of return

Eligibility requirements

Those who emigrate to Israel under the Law of Return are immediately entitled to citizenship. However, differences of opinion have arisen as to whether a person who claims citizenship under the Law of Return should be automatically registered as "Jewish" for census purposes. According to the halakhic definition, a person is Jewish if his or her mother is Jewish, or if he or she converts to Judaism. Orthodox Jews do not recognize conversions performed by Reform or Conservative Judaism. However, the Law provides that any Jew regardless of affiliation may migrate to Israel and claim citizenship.

Originally, the Law of Return was restricted to Jews only. A 1970 amendment, however, stated that, "The rights of a Jew under this Law and the rights of an oleh under the Nationality Law... are also vested in a child and a grandchild of a Jew, the spouse of a Jew, the spouse of a child of a Jew and the spouse of a grandchild of a Jew."

A Jew can be excluded from Israeli citizenship under the Law of Return if he or she is considered to be dangerous to the welfare of the State of Israel. Jews who have a past that involves a serious crime, such as murder, or who are fugitives in another country for any felony (unless they are persecution victims) can be denied the right of return, (e.g. Meyer Lansky, Victor Vancier).[3] The Law of Return also excludes any "person who has been a Jew and has voluntarily changed his religion."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So was it easier to identify them by giving them birth control drugs? I don't see why that practice would be used for anything except to cease pro-creation..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join