It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The Israeli gov released this message;

Health Minister director general instructs all gynecologists in Israel's four health maintenance organizations not to inject women with long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera if they do not understand ramifications of treatment.

Haaretz reports that the Health Ministry Director General Prof. Ron Gamzu, has instructed the four health maintenance organizations in the country to stop the practice immediately. The Israeli ministry and other state agencies have for long denied allegations that the government-funded health facilities were targeting Ethiopian women for selective use of the contraceptive.

www.haaretz.com...

Israel admit it selectively targeted Ethiopian women to take the shot. That is racist and a proponent of Eugenics.

European, American, or other immigrants were NOT targeted to be given the shot. They were also not given the option of take the shot or be denied entrance to the country. What don't you understand?

I understand everything. It's their country. They can do as they like. If they wish to ban all immigration from Ethiopia they can. There is no problem. The people chose to move there knowing about the injections. Do you think every country allows just anyone in? No. Certain countries have more restrictions than others.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with banning a whole race of people from entering your country. Then if they enter your country you try to make them infertile.

Nothing wrong with that at all...

. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Racism is fine and dandy...
Eugenics is awesome....

Israel is supposed to be a home for Jews, not just Jews of Caucasian decent....
edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
It's their country

Would you have said the same about jewish immigrants in Germany

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Maybe we shoul implement the same protocol for Jews entering our countries.

Take it easy there Himmler. It's not the Israeli citizens who are to blame, it's their government.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians

Haaretz reports that the Health Ministry Director General Prof. Ron Gamzu, has instructed the four health maintenance organizations in the country to stop the practice immediately. The Israeli ministry and other state agencies have for long denied allegations that the government-funded health facilities were targeting Ethiopian women for selective use of the contraceptive.

The allegation that the Israeli authorities were targeting Ethiopian women for prescription of the drug Depo-Provera was first reported five years ago. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population.

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to." According to the report, officials threatened to deny some applicants entry into Israel if they refused to accept the injection.
In her 2009 study, Eyal described the drug use as part of an "unspoken [official] policy" aimed to "reduce the births in a community that is mostly black and poor."

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

So Israel is finally proven to be participating in ethnic cleansing against the brown "undesirables". I'm sure they would do this to Palestinians if given the chance.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ethnic cleansing? Right....what would you say if millions of immigrants moved illegally to your country, and threatened to change your demographics virtually over night. In business we call this a hostile takeover. Nobody is saying that these Ethiopians are intending to do it, but a Jewish state, with a Jewish minority is no longer really a Jewish state, now is it? It's a small country, with huge demographic issues.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Take it easy there Himmler. It's not the Israeli citizens who are to blame, it's their government.

Well I understand most of them would disagree with these practices but from what I've seen, some would also embrace it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyCarrier

what would you say if millions of immigrants moved illegally to your country, and threatened to change your demographics virtually over night.

Um, if you read the article you would see that the Ethiopians were immigrating with government approval ie; legally. You do realize that there are Ethiopian Jews right? The people that are talking about are JEWISH of Ethiopian decent. How is that threatening the demographics? Jews are Jews, regardless of melanin content. If Israel is a Jewish state, then they should be able to get citizenship.... not just for the Caucasian Jews.

And Ethiopians make up 1.75% of the Israeli population. Only 130,000 Ethiopians live in Israel. I don't get where you got millions from... They are an extreme minority.

130,000 (2011)

1.75% of the Israeli population

en.wikipedia.org...

With a decreasing birthrate...

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Nobody is saying that these Ethiopians are intending to do it, but a Jewish state, with a Jewish minority is no longer really a Jewish state, now is it?

The Ethiopians ARE Jewish

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Well I understand most of them would disagree with these practices but from what I've seen, some would also embrace it.

It doesn't matter if some of the citizens favor the decision, that's their opinion and they can think whatever they want. It's the government that's the root of the problem. Generalizing civilians based on what their government does is retarded. I'd be angry if somebody assumed that I agreed with my governments decisions just because I'm a citizen, because I hate my government and almost everything they do.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Blatant human rights violation. Well the middle east was never the shining light when it came to human rights.

Ethnic cleansing? Right....what would you say if millions of immigrants moved illegally to your country, and threatened to change your demographics virtually over night. In business we call this a hostile takeover. Nobody is saying that these Ethiopians are intending to do it, but a Jewish state, with a Jewish minority is no longer really a Jewish state, now is it? It's a small country, with huge demographic issues.

First of, those Ethiopians are jewish. Black, but still Jewish. If they are in the country illegally they need deporting, Germany does it, Italy does it, Israel can too (albeight they dont deport everybody). Secondly, where is it written, that the jews are entitled to an jewish state? It sounds like you seem to think the jews, for some reason, deserve a jewish state where they are the majority. I am all for preventing the overthrow of democracy to be replaced by Sharia or any such, but if pages from some Nazi textbook have to be borrowed to keep Israel jewish and racially "right", then maybe a jewish state is just not feasible and it must be accepted as a fact of life.

The mentatliy that jews deserve a jewish state no matter what has to go. Whats next, to we give scientologists their own state when they outnumber jews?
edit on 28-1-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Fair enough, I feel the same about my government also and I would hate for someone to label me under what they are doing. The issue is the Israeli government, thats for sure..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Can Europe do this to the Muslim population? Would make a huge difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I wish the UK government would do the same to chavs.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah, they don't want a blacker Israel thats for sure. But it is a violation of their rights.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

What they did only delays the time when they will have kids, and by then they will only be able to have 1 or 2 due to age.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What is the big deal? is call birth control not "mutilation" they can still multiply if they chose too.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I happen to believe that immigrants should be having no more than 2 children and should be fixed after that, in fact lots of women would like that covered, getting fixed. The problem is those chemicals are not healthy and can't be taken by some so there has to be other means. Something has to be done about ethnic groups, coming in and having population explosion. They've done this method, maybe they need to be flexible and try a variety of methods, but something needs to be done there and any country where this is happening. Its actually supposed to be rescuing some of them from harsh circumstances, but instead it becomes a threat to the countries ideals and values when a trojan horse is carried out against those values.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Reply to ibelieveinaliens.

What they did only delays the time when they will have kids, and by then they will only be able to have 1 or 2 due to age. But it is dodgy as heck.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We all know bill gates plans to do this in Africa anyway. then they will try USA and Europe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's all planned rob and steal from Africa. Then go in and control every aspect of their lives. Leave them in ruin then degrade them more.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You know 2 years ago I went to a planned parenthood to obtain Birth control as I had no health insurance. They had me fill out an application for state medicaid because apparently the government in America pays for Birth Control, I was approved my birth control was free. There was another lady there black mid 30s very upset who began telling me she was there for an abortion. There is a sticky discussion to get involved in, However she was upset so I listened to her, her boyfriend was gone, she worked full time had no children and was unsure how she would care for a child, but was unsure at her age if the opportunity would come again, also if this was a moral thing to do. I asked "what did the counselor say?", "what counselor she replied?". I then learned women were no longer given counseling to determine if abortion was right for them, I asked if she was given any other options she replied that she had not that she was told not to think of her child as a person. Wow this is a huge life altering decision that was weighing heavily on this woman and she was thrown in line for an abortion. I advised there was a center across the street that would give her counseling and options. After all choice implies that options are available, correct? Now my point is that in the US we do the same thing in fact we throw abortion in to the mix as well in fact 13 million abortions were performed in the last 30 years. Eugenics is alive and well here also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join