It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Feh
edit on 29-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You edited to add more of this emotional rhetoric ...

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Poor people are not second class citizens.

I never said they were. I said that these immigrants who chose to enter Israel are economic baggage. And they are. The FACTS say so. I said the immigration law that they AGREE TO is not only good for Israel but also good for the immigrants. The FACTS say so.

You support discrimination and a program of supremacy.

You are emotional and blind to the facts.

- Allowing people from Ethiopia to immigrate to Israel is NOT discrimination.
- Those Ethiopians WANT to go to Israel.
- Those Ethiopians AGREEING to the immigration terms makes your 'discrimination' charge VOID.

I'm done arguing with you so don't bother replying.

I'll respond any time I darn well feel like it.

Go post on stormfront.

Go read a college book and educate yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just sad how you're trying to twist things. You're ignoring the whole point that they only target black Ethiopian women for this eugenics program. They do not want Ethiopian Jews breeding because they don't feel like they are "real jews". They are discriminated against heavily in Israel.

You're a Zionist.

Anything you say will be twisted to fit your disturbing world view.

I'd like to see how much you'd be freaking out if the USA did this to ONLY Jewish immigrants here or European immigrants..
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wujotvowujotvowujotvo
That is in the practical sense, forced

No.

They want to immigrate. They are allowed to immigrate.
They agree to the laws ahead of time.
They agreed to the temporary birth control measures ahead of time.

If they dont' want to do it .. they can not go to Israel or leave if they change their minds.

No one is forced to do anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Just sad how you're trying to twist things.

I state FACTS. You just let fly emotions and posts devoid of facts.
The only 'twisting' going on is being done by posts like yours.

You're ignoring the whole point that they only target black Ethiopian women for this eugenics program.

1 - It's NOT a eugenics program. Like I said .. the only 'twisting' going on is by people who post emotional posts devoid of facts. If Israel were into eugenics and were trying to kill off the Ethiopian population in it's borders, then no Ethiopians would be allowed to immigrate AND they would be sterilized instead of being given a temporary birth control measure.

2 - I posted the economic FACTS about what the Ethiopian immigrants are bringing into Israel. Economic baggage. THAT is why they have to agree to a temporary birth control in order to immigrate.

3 - Economics 101 .. a country can absord just so many new immigrants .. a country can support just so many free loaders ... and Israel can't open wide it's borders without causing economic self destruction.

4 - If it were Eugenics, the Ethiopians wouldn't be going to Israel. But instead .. they volunteer to go.

You're a Zionist. Anything you say will be twisted to fit your disturbing world view.

Oh blah blah blah ... more emotional rhetoric devoid of any fact.

All of you supposedly caring about the immigrants are a hoot. They can't take care of themselves. They can't take care of their kids. You whine about Israel telling them to practice birth control for a year or so (and it's voluntary on the part of the immigrant .. they can leave anytime) But you want them to keep popping those kids out .. even if they can't take care of them. How about YOU people send your paycheck each week to Ethiopia so those people can keep overpopulating the world ... YOU go support them. Put your money where you mouth is.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You edited your post to add this emotional rhetoric ...

I'd like to see how much you'd be freaking out if the USA did this to ONLY Jewish immigrants here or European immigrants..

1 - If immigrants came here they'd be voluntarily doing so.
2 - The USA has the right to have it's immigration policies any way it wishes to.
3 - People wanting to come here have a right NOT TO come if they don't like the immigration policies.
4 - The country of destination can only absorb just so many immigrants and just so many poor people. That is why there are caps on immigration into different countries. Pick up an economics book sometime and learn ...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A bit off topic but this thread made me think of a movie I saw a few weeks ago called "Live and Become" I'm not usually a fan of dramas and I don't know why I decided to watch it but I found it to be really captivating. The movie is about an Ethiopian who immigrates to Israel. Anyway great movie and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Will you please stop going on. You've made your point.

No. You people keep posting the same emotional rhetoric devoid of facts.
So I'll just keep posting the emotionless facts.

For example .. you tried to bring up the Russians who went to Israel, enmasse, 20 years ago. You asked if they had to take the Depo shots. My response .. it wasn't even out until 1992 and it wasn't in wide spread use until years after that. And the fact is that the Russians were of higher economic status, higher education, more employable, in better health, and without massive numbers of children that they couldn't take care of. The Russians were able to integrate into the work force and the country.

And yet with the facts staring you in the face .. *crickets* from you ....
No retraction with your 'Russians' comment?? No .. of course not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Making emotional posts with no facts or evidence is just useless.
FlyersFan has already written everything there has to be said to people like you.
Visit Israel sometime, go up to random Ethiopians there, ask them questions yourself. Pick up a book, educate yourself properly, and with facts, instead of just receiving a Youtube degree of Bull****.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Youre generalising. Then that being so it should have been made a policy for all poor Jews in Israel. but it wasnt, it was specific to them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I'm not 'generalizing' about the Russians. I provided a link giving the facts and statistics about them immigrating to Israel .. what they brought with them as far as education and health and abilities and employability. I gave proof. That's not 'generalizing'. That's just the truth.

Provide facts showing that other poor people who immigrate to Israel have the same non-education level .. the same non-employability level .. the same poor health level ... the same number of children being pumped out that can't be taken care of .. basically show that the other poor people who immigrate to Israel come with the same baggage level that the Ethiopians do ... Go ahead .. we'll keep an eye out for the FACTS (devoid of emotional rhetoric) to be posted by you.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
QUESTION ...

How many times has the title of this thread been changed?

First it was something like 'Israel FORCES Ethiopian women to get birth control shots'
Then it was something like 'Israel OFFERS Ethiopian women to get birth control shots'.
Now it's 'Israel admits Ethiopian women WERE GIVEN birth control shots'.

Has it really been changed three times since it started ...
Or am I seeing things?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Good job countering the emotional crowd. I will just reiterate:

1. Every country has a right to establish ANY conditions they want for immigration policy. Just because your land lets almost anyone in with no questions asked (as is often the case) does not mean Israel has to! Immigration is a privilege, not a right.

2. This policy is not racist, Ethiopian refers to nationality, not race. Different treatment based on nationality or socioeconomic conditions is common in immigration matters and there is nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This argument will never end. People will never agree that it is a socioeconomic issue. Wanna bet that if the Ethiopians came with a skill set that benefited Israel they would be treated differently. Unfortunately the Ethiopians don't bring a single thing to their economy, nada, nothing. in fact quite the opposite, they are a drain.

Call it racism if you like but IMHO it has NOTHING to do with skin color and everything to do with MONEY. Oh and aren't those Jews supposed to be good with money? (lol sorry could not help myself).

Anyone that argues that it is a "Black thing" is a fool.

PS I can't even move to New Zealand without putting a large amount of cash in one of their banks and providing something they consider useful for work. I am a white guy so I can't blame racism. Perhaps, just perhaps it has more to do with MONEY! They don't want freaking losers in their Country!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So...few things on this
This program needs to be open and instituted in areas like india and china...and told what it is, voluntary, and free.

I disagree with it being forced on anyone..and obviously this is for racial reasons..so bad Israel, bad!

But government sponsored birth control initiatives to -poor- people (not any race) is a plus in my book overall..also control, not sterilization, just temp block while life is being sorted out.

Salarians V Krogans (geek reference..was the genophage the right thing to do...)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They should do this to all women everywhere.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Call it racism if you like but IMHO it has NOTHING to do with skin color and everything to do with MONEY.
Anyone that argues that it is a "Black thing" is a fool.
So, Your OK with the Sterotype of Jews Worshipping Money, But they are not Racist!
Good thing you are Entirely wrong.
Following is a Vid of Protest By Thousands of Israeli's , black and White protesting their Gov Policies of RACISM.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Your post clearly illustrates my point. Emotions cloud reason. Here is Proof: You said, and I quote " So, Your OK with the Sterotype of Jews Worshipping Money".

Here is a clear cut case of you being completely wrong. I NEVER said I was "OK" with the stereotype. In fact I am not OK with the stereotype. Hence the lol could not help myself part. One can not deny the stereotype exists. I simply had some fun with it. You however JUMPED to the conclusion, Why? Your emotions cloud your ability to argue rationally.

Oh and you can spell for crap either or you were simply so fuming at my post you did not bother to even notice it.
Thanks for the giggle (;

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This doesn't stem from economics alone.

Racism against Russian immigrants still exist.

Religious Shas party had to withdraw a propaganda ad on TV this election cycle because it was racist to former Soviet immigrants.

Women cannot sing in public in front of men - a 17 year old suspended for 2 weeks from religious girls' high school and her parents didn't protest

Known as kol isha to religious extremists.

There is caste system hierarchy and sectarian fights within Judaism

Jewish Daily Forward, linking to a Maariv newspaper news article

blogs.forward.com/sisterhood-blog/170011/controversial-suspension-for-contestant-on-israels/

Ben-Shetreet is essentially being punished for having an exceptionally beautiful voice and wanting to share it with the world. The 12th grader has been suspended (with the agreement of her parents) for two weeks from her religious girls’ high school in the seaside city of Ashdod. Her offense? Singing in public.

As we know from news coming out of Israel in the past few years, enforcing kol isha, the prohibition against a woman’s singing in public (particularly in front of men), seems to be a top priority of the religious establishment.

edit on 29-1-2013 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You keep insisting that if they don`t like Israel`s immigration policy that they shoudn`t come - but is this an official immigration policy of Israel ? i.e. if you are requested to take birth control you must comply or you will not be left into the country?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join