It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Israel admits offering birth control shots to Ethiopian women

www.haaretz.com

A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-28-2013 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content

I saw the headline yesterday....BEFORE you edited it.

You claimed Israel FORCED the women to accept the injections/pills. This is a lie.

Why not take a survey of Ethiopian women? Find out just how many women would LOVE to have long-term protection against an unwanted pregnancy?

The results may surprise you.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you not getting the fact that they VOLUNTEERED to go to Israel?
Are you not getting the fact that they AGREED to the immigration laws?
Are you not getting the fact that they can't even take care of themselves let alone more kids?
Are you not getting the fact that they are only taking BC for a year or so and the break in having kid after kid after kid is a good thing for both them and Israeli tax payers?

Are you not getting the fact that all of your opinions assume these people are less human that the rest of us?
Are you not getting that you are the worst type of racist, the one who honestly doesn't believe they are one?
Are you not getting that you are making a huge fool of yourself trying to justify this?

So.. because these people are black.. ooops, i mean Ethiopian, that's less offensive right? that means they can't take care of themselves and do nothing but pop out kids?

wow, I stand corrected you clearly aren't racist at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Why not take a survey of Ethiopian women?

Why not take a survey of all the other, non black, immigrants to Israel and ask them if this same policy was applied to them. I'd really like to know.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Israel is an idiot ,now the pro pro creation groups are going to have a feild day. And we were so close to stopping poverty . They are still working for their Nazi masters.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Your attitude is disgusting.

Grow up. :shk: Your attempt to make a link between a voluntary immigration law that is based on economics .. to the Nazis ... THAT is what is disgusting and totally absurd.

Israel has a right to have ANY immigration law it wants.
Israel's law is based on common sense economics.
NO ONE forced the immigrants to go to Israel.

How easy it is for you to demand that Israeli tax payers to support all this human baggage. How about you put your money where your mouth is. Put your paycheck each week into an envelope and mail it off to Ethiopia so YOU can support the litters of uneducated and poor children that these people pump out. If you really cared about the Ehtiopians, you'd be glad that they'd be taking a break from pushing out babies for a while. They can't take care of themselves or the children they already have .. let alone more. Taking a break for a year won't kill them .. it can only help them. IF you really cared, THAT is what you'd be discussing. Instead, the anti-Israeli hate comes shining through ...

Star for you!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Good post I agree with you that as worded by the article that this appears 100% racist.

But its also selective journalism, 2% of the polulatin are on this meds and 57% Ethiopian, what about the other people on this drug?

Also this woman could easily be manipulated. Why not interview 5 or 10, according the the article and how people analyze it, all ethiopians are forced to take this shot.

There is just a few variables that make it difficult to digest.
edit on 29-1-2013 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

If someone agrees they agree. do you think western women are always 100 per certain of their feelings when going onto a contraceptive? how many western women have has the depo shot and don't complain.
edit on 29-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by kykweer

If someone agrees they agree. do you think western women are always 100 per certain of their feelings when going onto a contraceptive? how many western women have has the depo shot and don't complain.

... Come again?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It was reported by a government controlled TV station from the Ministry of Education

Website for it in Hebrew : www.23tv.co.il

Aired Saturday, 8 December 2012 in the program entitled Vacuum

35 Ethiopian women interviewed, and done by Sebba Reuven, an Israeli.

Emawayish from the 35, reported coercion and threats, implied is that other 34 also share the same to some degree.

A month-delayed admission from the government, as in December they denied any responsibility.

From Haaretz' article, the orange part suggest that it wasn't professionally and legally explained, if translators are emphasized now

(...)

Gamzu’s letter instructs all gynecologists in the HMOs "not to renew prescriptions for Depo-Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.”

He also instructed physicians to avail themselves of translators if need be.

Gamzu’s letter came in response to a letter from Sharona Eliahu-Chai of the Association of Civil Rights in Israel, representing several women’s rights and Ethiopian immigrants’ groups. The letter demanded the injections cease immediately and that an investigation be launched into the practice.

(...)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

You are saying that they were uncertain, as they had the depo shot and Im explaining that this is common for many women even in the western world. When having a new contraceptive you always worry about the side-effects and inevitably there are often some to deal with.

Anyway the reports say so many different things, they say they were decieved into taking them,. that they had agreed, and knew, that they knew what it was but felt pressured, it goes on. The truth hasnt been fully revealed I dont feel. Its all abit dodgy.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Are you not getting the fact that they VOLUNTEERED to go to Israel?
Are you not getting the fact that they AGREED to the immigration laws?
Are you not getting the fact that they can't even take care of themselves let alone more kids?
Are you not getting the fact that they are only taking BC for a year or so and the break in having kid after kid after kid is a good thing for both them and Israeli tax payers?

Are you not getting the fact that all of your opinions assume these people are less human that the rest of us?
Are you not getting that you are the worst type of racist, the one who honestly doesn't believe they are one?
Are you not getting that you are making a huge fool of yourself trying to justify this?

So.. because these people are black.. ooops, i mean Ethiopian, that's less offensive right? that means they can't take care of themselves and do nothing but pop out kids?

When countered by facts, yell RACIST. Yeah, this always works on ATS.
And I liked how the OP gently changed the thread to 'offered' after insisting it was 'forced'.

-6 out of 10.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Who else is Israel requiring to take long acting birth control as a part of their immigration agreement?

Dunno'. You'd have to ask Israel.

But the fact remains, these people are being directed take long acting contraceptives because of their race,

WRONG. There is NO PROOF that this is about race.
I have given the ECONOMIC PROOF. You have given no proof that this is based on race.

if you can't at least admit that, you are a lost cause.

Oh brother. :shk: Emotional rhetoric devoid of facts.

But if you want to play the economic game. fine. Do it.

I'm not playing any game. I'm stating facts. Too bad you can't do the same.

That's EXACTLY how the Nazis justified their pogroms against the jews leading up to the wars and the holocaust, it was all a matter of economics.

Oh man .. another one trying to link the economically based immigration policy in which people VOLUNTEER to abide by with the Nazis. Again .. epic failure on your part. There is nothing even remotely similar.

I can't see this as anything but ethnic cleansing at the door, that's exactly what it is.

Wrong again.

If it were 'ethnic cleansing' then Israel wouldn't let any of them in at all.

If it were 'ethnic cleansing' then Israel would STERILIZE instead of having a temp birth control situation for a year or so.

If it wree 'ethnic cleansing' then none of the ehtiopians would be voluntarily immigrating to Israel .. and voluntarily agreeing to the rules to enter the country. They'd be staying away.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Is it based on race, well did the russian immigrants to Israel have depo shots?...
The economic side as you describe does not stand as true either, plenty of poor Jews arrived in Israel. You think all Jews have money?.. Well this isnt so.

Do you not realise there is now a generation of Ethiopians in Israel who are having to deal with infertility.

Thats like a whole generation of romanians dealing with infertility or Italians. Its the defination of ethnic cleansing. Its highly dangerous. And Hitler would have happily have done the same but he had numbers, what I mean is, he wanted to eradicate the Jews and fast. But had he had more patience , he would have done this.

Infact Hitler did do this.

The forced sterilizations started in January 1934, between 300,000 to 400,000 people were sterilized under the law in Germany. A diagnosis of "feeblemindedness" provided the grounds in the majority of cases, also those with schizophrenia and epilepsy. The method ofor sterilization was vasectomy and ligation of ovarian tubes of women. Irradiation (x-rays or radium) was used in a small number of cases. A few thousand people died as a result of the operations, women mostly due to the greater risks of tubal ligation.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

1 - That's an absurd lie. Shame on you. Shame on those who gave you a 'star'. :shk:

2 - I am not giving 'opinion'. I am stating hard core facts. Too bad those posting emotional rhetoric on the other side of this discussion can't say the same.

Off topic deflection on your part ... and dead wrong. :shk:

Off topic deflection on your part ... and dead wrong. :shk: BTW .. if you knew the ethnic makeup of me and my family, you'd understand how YOUR statements calling me a racist make YOU look like a huge fool.

So.. because these people are black.. ooops, i mean Ethiopian, that's less offensive right?

Funny how you are supposedly so offended when you don't need to be.
FACT - Israel has a right to set it's immigration laws any way it wants to.
FACT - The immigrants come VOLUNTARILY. They don't have to immigrate.
FACT - The laws are based on basic economics.
FACT - The birth control measures are for one year.
They are good for the immigrant and good for the country.

that means they can't take care of themselves and do nothing but pop out kids?

You didn't even look at the economic facts at all ... did you? No .. they can't take care of themselves. Yes .. they pop out tons of kids that they cant' take care of. Those are the economic facts. Deal with it.

Damn straight I'm not. I'm stating emotionless facts. Deal with the truth of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thank you for clearing up the borderline slander. I thought they forced this on them due to the wording. I guess I am playing the fool on this one. Thank you OP for reminding me not to be so ADHD.

They did not force them, they chose to enter the country. That requires sin. Make a choice. That simple.
edit on 29-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Is it based on race, well did the russian immigrants to Israel have depo shots?...

Do some research before posting .. it'll save you embarrassment.
The Depo Shot wasn't in wide use until after 1992. The massive Russian immigration happened in the later 1990s. The Russian immigrants were mostly of middle to lower economic situations. (not dirt poor like the ethiopians). They integrated into the Israeli work force just fine They were better educated and in better health, and didn't pump out massive numbers of children that they couldnt' take care of.

The economic side as you describe does not stand as true either, plenty of poor Jews arrived in Israel.

The economic facts I posted are very true. Sure, some poor Jews arrived in Israel. But they were better educated and in better health and didn't pop out kid after kid after kid after kid that they couldn't take care of. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You think all Jews have money?.. Well this isnt so.

I'm not one of those who think Jews hoard the world's money or something ...
I never said Jews were all rich .. I don't know where you get that from.

Do you not realise there is now a generation of Ethiopians in Israel who find are having to deal with infertility.

Post some proof to back that up with. I have posted proof that the average Ethiopian woman in Israel has six children. Post something showing that to be wrong. Post something showing that this immigration birth control measure by Israel has something to do with this supposed permenant infertility. Good luck with that.

Its the defination of ethnic cleansing. Its highly dangerous. And Hitler ...

Again ...
1 - No one is engaging in 'ethnic cleansing'. If Israel were, they wouldn't allow ANY ethiopians to immigrate. They wouldn't be using temp birth control methods but instead would be sterilizing.

2 - You continually try to link the immigration laws of Israel to Hitler even though they aren't even remotely similar .. and it's beyond absurd.

The forced sterilizations ...

Dude .. what part of ethiopians VOLUNTARILY immigrating to Israel and AGREEING to the immigration terms don't you get? Geeeeeeeze ...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Your attitude is disgusting.

Grow up. :shk: Your attempt to make a link between a voluntary immigration law that is based on economics .. to the Nazis ... THAT is what is disgusting and totally absurd.

Israel has a right to have ANY immigration law it wants.
Israel's law is based on common sense economics.
NO ONE forced the immigrants to go to Israel.

How easy it is for you to demand that Israeli tax payers to support all this human baggage. How about you put your money where your mouth is. Put your paycheck each week into an envelope and mail it off to Ethiopia so YOU can support the litters of uneducated and poor children that these people pump out. If you really cared about the Ehtiopians, you'd be glad that they'd be taking a break from pushing out babies for a while. They can't take care of themselves or the children they already have .. let alone more. Taking a break for a year won't kill them .. it can only help them. IF you really cared, THAT is what you'd be discussing. Instead, the anti-Israeli hate comes shining through ...

Grow up and read a history book.

Hitler blamed Jews for the economic problems in Europe. That is how they became second class citizens and thrown in concentration camps. You have the same mindset towards Ethiopians...

You have eugenics mindset. It's sickening.

Poor people are not second class citizens. You support discrimination and a program of supremacy.

I'm done arguing with you so don't bother replying. Go post on stormfront.

edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

No, many of the Ethiopians thought it was a " vaccination" they had no idea it was a contraception.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

FACT - The birth control measures are for one year.

The sample was 35, the specific woman quoted said it recurred every 3 months.

That doesn't enable someone to infer - how long for, others received.

It was also threatened again in a reminder after they reached Israel , and told of deportation if they refused.

That is in the practical sense, forced.
edit on 29-1-2013 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Hitler blamed Jews for the economic problems in Europe. That is how they became second class citizens and thrown in concentration camps.

:shk: again with the supposed hitler connection.
Dude .. no matter how much you pretend otherwise .. there isn't one.

You have eugenics mindset. It's sickening.

Read the facts and educate yourself.

I've already proven with unemotional FACTS that this is not a case of eugenics and that this doesn't even remotely come close to what the NAZIs were doing. These ethiopians VOLUNTEER to go to Israel. Israel welcomes them in. They AGREE to a temp birth control measure put in place by Israel for the good of the country AND for the good of the massive influx of people who can't even take care of themselves or their children.

Didn't you people ever go to college? Take an economics course?
Learn about what uncontrolled immigration does to a country?
Learn about what the word VOLUNTARY means??
Learn about what the words TEMPORARY BIRTH CONTROL mean?
OY VEY

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join