It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots

www.haaretz.com

A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-28-2013 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect content

edit on 29-1-2013 by Maxmars because: Please usa the exact title of the source article in Breaking news

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

According to The National, Eyal and other activists say that the birth rate in the Ethiopian community in Israel has halved in the past 10 years. Eyal's civil rights group and six others have asked the Israeli health ministry to explain the widespread use of Depo-Provera injections among Ethiopians

Haaretz reports that the Health Ministry Director General Prof. Ron Gamzu, has instructed the four health maintenance organizations in the country to stop the practice immediately. The Israeli ministry and other state agencies have for long denied allegations that the government-funded health facilities were targeting Ethiopian women for selective use of the contraceptive.

The allegation that the Israeli authorities were targeting Ethiopian women for prescription of the drug Depo-Provera was first reported five years ago. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population.

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to." According to the report, officials threatened to deny some applicants entry into Israel if they refused to accept the injection.
In her 2009 study, Eyal described the drug use as part of an "unspoken [official] policy" aimed to "reduce the births in a community that is mostly black and poor."

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

So Israel is finally proven to be participating in ethnic cleansing against the brown "undesirables". I'm sure they would do this to Palestinians if given the chance.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Racism, Blackmail come to mind. It only makes me wonder what else they are up to that no-one knows about. This is disgusting if correct. Maybe we shoul implement the same protocol for Jews entering our countries.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is old news . It wasnt forced it was offered. Incidently, Im female and living in the UK and they do the same here they offer certain products and want you to chose some depending on your situation. They do give you options but when new forms of contraceptions come out you feel abit of a pressure.
I myself have had that contraceptive, its an injection with all contraceptions you feel there are some side effects but on the whole its fine. Its no big deal, really.

So I feel this is a good thing. Why should women just be breeding and breeding constantly? Seems silly.

I guess that goes for all women. Give them a break. Much better to have kids later in life than upon arrival into a foreign country.

So I dont see this as blackmail nor racism. Its merely trying to keep the numbers down for a while, until they establish themselves.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

You might want to actuallly read the article before replying.

This is old news

Uhm, NO it isn't. It was rumored that they were forcing / conning Ethiopian women to take it. But a government official JUST came out and admitted they were. The article on Haaretz was published YESTERDAY.

It wasnt forced it was offered. I

Wrong. Why would you reply without reading?

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to." According to the report, officials threatened to deny some applicants entry into Israel if they refused to accept the injection.
In her 2009 study, Eyal described the drug use as part of an "unspoken [official] policy" aimed to "reduce the births in a community that is mostly black and poor."

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

So I feel this is a good thing. Why should women just be breeding and breeding constantly? Seems silly.

Because they gave it to women who did not understand what they were taking. And it was a racist policy, as you can clearly see

. The National reports that in 2009, Eyal supervised a study that showed that 57 percent of Depo-Provera users in Israel were Ethiopian, although their community was less than 2 per cent of the population. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Maybe we shoul implement the same protocol for Jews entering our countries.

Then you become just as evil as the Israeli government implementing these policies.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Lord forgive me but the word eugenics popped into my head when I read that article yesterday.

History does seem to repeat itself.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by DarknStormy

Maybe we shoul implement the same protocol for Jews entering our countries.

Then you become just as evil as the Israeli government implementing these policies.

Yeah your right. But I am getting sick of these a/holes. They are destroying the image of great Jews around the world with there ridiculous practices and policies. The sad thing is some Israelis are all for this kind of crap.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how those who seek to rule via liberty and democracy, do so using the techniques taught to them by their former oppressors.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The article says the women were told they may be denied ENTRY into Israel if they refused. Now I am curious, did Israel HAVE to grant them entry? If so, this is wrong. If not, there is nothing wrong here. That was a condition for their immigration, they had a choice, they made it, they complained after the fact. It would be like someone applying for a Visa and being told they have to work, then they get here and say that's unfair they dont want to work.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipIntro

Yup

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yeah there is racial stigma toward blacks.Then again there are many non racist Jews. I think they consider true jews to be of middle eastern origin originally of course. Black jews are not this, and so its a case of power. For them to allow breeding they feel losing power as a mostly ashkenazi and sephardic jewish race. When I say they I refer to the Zionists.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Why did you ignore this part of the article?

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to."

www.digitaljournal.com...

Keep on trying to defend Israe'ls admitted Eugenic population control policies.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Why did you ignore this part of the article?

According to one of the women interviewed, “They told us they are inoculations. They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn't want to."

www.digitaljournal.com...

Keep on trying to defend Israe'ls admitted Eugenic population control policies.

I did not ignore anything. The woman in the interview flat out said she knew it was to prevent giving birth. They said if you want to come here, you need to take this. Why do YOU ignore the fact the woman says she KNEW what the shot was for?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by WaterBottle

Interesting picture. When did most of the middle east survive a genocide?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

The Israeli gov released this message;

Health Minister director general instructs all gynecologists in Israel's four health maintenance organizations not to inject women with long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera if they do not understand ramifications of treatment.

Haaretz reports that the Health Ministry Director General Prof. Ron Gamzu, has instructed the four health maintenance organizations in the country to stop the practice immediately. The Israeli ministry and other state agencies have for long denied allegations that the government-funded health facilities were targeting Ethiopian women for selective use of the contraceptive.

www.haaretz.com...

Israel admit it selectively targeted Ethiopian women to take the shot. That is racist and a proponent of Eugenics.

European, American, or other immigrants were NOT targeted to be given the shot. They were also not given the option of take the shot or be denied entrance to the country. What don't you understand?

Also, the woman said she didn't want to take the shot. I can only imagine there was some amount of coercion involved since it was a government ran program.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
there is nothing wrong here.

omg so now only cohan jews have the right to breed

How can fingers be pointed at Germany`s `super race` when in fact
it is zionists that are trying to perfect the art a genocide and eugenics.
TIME TO WAKE-UP if you still see nothing wrong with this and re-evaluate
your ethics.

When Protestants are banned from legally getting married in israel
that defy`s democracy.
This is disturbing as well, considering white immigrant jews do not
get such harsh treatment :
www.worldpress.org...

edit on 28/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
there is nothing wrong here.

omg so now only cohan jews have the right to breed

How can fingers be pointed at Germany`s `super race` when in fact
it is zionists that are trying to perfect the art a genocide and eugenics.
TIME TO WAKE-UP if you still see nothing wrong with this and re-evaluate
your ethics.

It's their country. The people getting the injections are NOT Israeli citizens. They are Immigrants, who are told BEFORE immigrating about this. The people make the choice. Israel does not have to allow ANY immigrants. They may place whatever restrictions they want on immigration. If you do not like it, do not immigrate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join