It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: OReilly, Producer Reach Settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, Bill O'Reilly was alleged to have sexually harassed one of his producers. O'Reilly sued the woman for extortion prior to the woman having made public her allegations. Now both parties have settled and have agreed that O'Reilly committed no wrongdoing.

www.foxnews.com
NEW YORK � FOX News Channel television host Bill O'Reilly (search) and a former producer of his talk show have agreed to settle their legal dispute over her allegations of sexual harassment, O'Reilly's lawyer announced Thursday.

Andrea Mackris (search) had claimed O'Reilly made a series of explicit phone calls to her, advised her to use a vibrator and telling her about sexual fantasies involving her.

O'Reilly actually sued Mackris hours before her case was filed Oct. 13. The talk show host said he was fighting an extortion attempt, that Mackris and her lawyer demanded $60 million in "hush money" to make the case quietly go away.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Frankly, I never doubted O'Reilly because, despite his flaws, he has a reputation for striving for the ideal of "Fair and Balanced." His decision to file extortion charges even before the producer's charges were filed was the most logical thing for an innocent man to do and that is exactly what he did. O'Reilly earned a lot of points with me on this one.

Related News Links:
celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com
www.eonline.com
abcnews.go.com

[edit on 04/10/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm a student at NYU, where Bush supporters and Fox News viewers (and Olsen Twins, there, I said it) get funny looks. All over the U.S., but especially on college campuses, I think, people have taken Bush-bashing to such an extreme that it almost seems like a trend, a "fad" if you will. Kerry buttons and silly anti-Bush t-shirts are the cool things to wear; "anyone but Bush," and "my bush would make a better president" are cool things to say. My point is that too many people feign anti-Bush attitudes in order to cover up their political apathy or laziness; they're either too stupid to know the difference between the candidates, or they're too busy getting drunk or studying or both. I do not watch Mr. O'Reilly's show religiously but quite frequently, and after following it for over two years, I find him more than trustworthy. The man goes out of his way to attempt a fair and balanced media environment. Yes, no form of media could ever be completely unbiased, but all too often a conversation between myself and an O'Reilly "hater" goes as follows:

Me: "I like the O'Reilly Factor."

Hater: "Ew, you do? I've lost respect for you a little bit, even though I still probably respect you more so than my sorry self."

Me: "Why don't you like ol' Bill?"

Hater: "Because, he's like, biased and stuff."

Me: "So, what's an example of how he is biased?"

Hater: "Um, I don't know, like just on everything, he's always biased."

Me: "Oh yeah? Well how's this for biased: You're a turd."

Hater: (uncomfortable laugh sounds)

Me: "So, which news do you watch instead?"

Hater: "Oh, I don't watch the news."

Me: "Is that a fact. Why's that?"

Hater: "Because I have to study so I can get into grad school, which my parents will surely pay for, so I can be a lawyer or a doctor or a businessman, so I can vote for Republican tax cuts...hey, you tricked me!"

Me: "Catch me Lucky Charms!"

I really just wish that certain people would, like me, admit their apathy or just plain lack of research on the issues that they think matter. I personally am not voting because I don't feel comfortable with the idea, and I think being all quasi-intellectual and voting just because you're 18 and "now you can," and bashing Bush or O'Reilly without knowing what the hell you're babbling about, is stupid and, at least with me, puts you in a worse position than if you'd just say "really, I'm just a rambling idiot, and I don't know a damn thing." Being a phony sucks. It just sucks. That said...

Bill Gates / Ken Lea 2008

new topics

join