It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have the proper ID to go into a Federal Building or board a plane in the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You don't need ANY ID to enter a Federal building that has pubic services offices. You go through the security checkpoint, and move on. At the checkpoint, you put your metal belongings in the tray for scanning, you walk through the metal detector and collect your belongings.

Many Federal buildings have bankruptcy courts, social security offices, and other public areas. Not all of them, but many.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
You don't need ANY ID to enter a Federal building that has pubic services offices. You go through the security checkpoint, and move on. At the checkpoint, you put your metal belongings in the tray for scanning, you walk through the metal detector and collect your belongings.

Many Federal buildings have bankruptcy courts, social security offices, and other public areas. Not all of them, but many.

That's the problem.
Sure you can access those places now...

When do you suppose all that will change?
You know, when they make it mandatory to have this ID just to enter a grocery store?
I honestly see that coming to fruition very soon.

All because that damned television has so many people scared of an enemy they'll never see!

I am beyond frustrated.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You're talking about a Federal Courthouse. I'm thinking about a Federal Building. They can't very well get snooty about access to a courthouse since, by definition, a good # of those going in there for 'business' aren't of the type to be following every law to the letter to start with. Wouldn't that make the ultimate 'couldn't enter the front door' excuse for missing court?

On the other hand, how is it these days to enter Capital Hill or any number of Federal Buildings where offices like FBI, DEA or IRS are located? I understand some are still open in appearance while electronically sealed tight ..and others make no pretense about anything for verifying someone's ID and business being inside the building at all.

I wonder how this works for other buildings like some of the major private office towers around the nation that also have screening at different levels to verify someone has business in the building? Will they also be looking for the star? Glenn Beck had described such things for getting into 30 Rock in NYC and other buildings he worked in there.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You're talking about a Federal Courthouse. I'm thinking about a Federal Building. They can't very well get snooty about access to a courthouse since, by definition, a good # of those going in there for 'business' aren't of the type to be following every law to the letter to start with. Wouldn't that make the ultimate 'couldn't enter the front door' excuse for missing court?

No, I'm referring to a Federal building. The Federal bankruptcy court is on the 9th Floor, if I remember correctly. The social security office is on the first floor. The entire building, except for the National Weather Service area is accessible by anyone once they get through security. We routinely get people wandering around lost.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find it interesting that it is a star. The same the Hitler made the jews wear ? Don't like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by snarky412

Nope no Star, Montana shot down the real ID that was being
pushed through.

Oddly i have not seen anything on it since.
Not to worried, i am not planing on flying or going
into a federal building anytime in the near future.
Have no desire for either, call me old fashioned, but i'd
rather drive somewhere. Half the fun of getting there.
If i cant drive then i don't need to go.

That's all we do is drive.... we are self-employed and our work causes us to travel about 10 months out of the year, starting from Mardi Gras all the way up to Thanksgiving.

Even if we take a vacation, we drive.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
State law in Louisiana makes it illegal to implement Real ID. Feds threatened the state that Louisanans could not fly domestically without a passport. They backed down and we can still fly using our state driver's license/ID. We'll see what happens by 2015.
The states need to pass nullification laws throughout the nation on any federal law that exceeds Constitutional authority (in other words, recognizing the validity of the 10th amendment). Or at least the South and West.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Yet illegal immigrants can get a drivers license, without a SS card or a Birth Certificate, in some states..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The reason my state flat refused on that law was the fact that it was an unfunded mandate. The state does not go along with unfunded mandates from the feds. Not here. Got to get a passport to travel if you are from the Sooner State I guess. Gate rape and no travel without federal documentation. What a great deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I find it interesting that it is a star. The same the Hitler made the jews wear ? Don't like it.

Yeah, I didn't think about that but I did have flashback as a kid in elementary school where you were given stars for accomplishments, kinda like here on ATS.

Figured they could come up with something more original and cool looking tho.....

Like maybe a mini flag image or something that represents our country.
Oh well, like we have a choice.....

edit on 28-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

No, I'm referring to a Federal building. The Federal bankruptcy court is on the 9th Floor, if I remember correctly. The social security office is on the first floor. The entire building, except for the National Weather Service area is accessible by anyone once they get through security. We routinely get people wandering around lost.

As it happens... I have to be in Federal Court in about 45 minutes... I'll drop a note when I get back. I believe this is in the Courthouse itself and the one serving this area is considered a maximum security location in terms of it's 'not so obvious' measures. It was considered a location for Tim McVeigh to be tried after the OKC Bomb, for context to that ....and some of the worst in the nation have been housed in the same city. So, it should be interesting to see just what security requirements are to walk in the door.

The Bunny shall be back! (I hope... mmm... Send search parties if no word comes by days end!
)
edit on 29-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okay, I'm back and it's interesting... It turned out this wasn't the court house itself but another Federal building serving as an annex for a video hearing with a Federal Court in California. It's kinda insulting when such things can't even bother TPTB enough to handle in the place they actually are being decided for. Oh well... Welcome to Federal Gov operations, eh?

Anyway... Entry was a a matter of answering some quick questions about what I did or didn't have (no machine guns or hand grenades this time so I passed that test
) then off to the metal detector that sat at the end of a que which reminded me of Disneyland rides for how it went back and forth a couple times. (Just how long DOES that line get anyway?!). It was just me this time so I breezed through it.

Surprisingly, as a side note, I had a belt with a buckle and a jacket with zippers. Both have tripped the County Courthouse system multiple times and made a pain in the butt. I left them on this time to see if it would trip this one. It didn't.

After being Mag-Scanned, it was across to a touch screen terminal to select the purpose for my visit today followed by a Social Sec check, required to verify my purpose was valid and existed in their computer as an expected guest. Thankfully, the hearing I was CALLED to ..and wasn't even about ME...did have me dutifully entered as someone on the guest list.

Apparently, that was sufficient and they took my word that I really was me because a photo ID wasn't required of me. The person I was accompanying and assisting did have to produce one to enter the room set up for the teleconference link to the West Coast for the Federal Courtroom out there...but again, I must look like me because no one asked.

So.. That is my experience going into at least one Federal Building to merely assist someone on a Court hearing. It's not done or over but it's not a matter I'll need to show anything else for today. Once in, you're apparently trusted to remain who you were when you first passed through security.

* Although if you must go outside for any reason, even to the entry way, it's rinse, lather and repeat as necessary.

(Oddly...these weren't Federal Marshals running it either. They're a private firm. I chatted with one for awhile here and I've heard them talking to mention they're all Reserve/Guard MP's outside this job so that might be interesting to note for something?)
edit on 29-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That a bit more than we have in our Federal Building. We don't have any way to verify the purpose for anyone entering the building. Our guards are contract employees paid by DHS as well. Like I said, once inside, one could go almost anywhere throughout the building quite freely.

I do know that when I have to be in D.C., their buildings are not that way. Without my ID badge, I wouldn't make it two feet inside anywhere!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Bunny shall be back! (I hope... mmm... Send search parties if no word comes by days end! )

Glad you made it back unharmed......nothing like an ATS search party!!

Anyway... Entry was a a matter of answering some quick questions about what I did or didn't have (no machine guns or hand grenades this time so I passed that test

Good thing you left them at home......smart. [hee,hee]

Thankfully, the hearing I was CALLED to ..and wasn't even about ME...did have me dutifully entered as someone on the guest list.

At least you were on the guest list, nothing like being a party crasher

Apparently, that was sufficient and they took my word that I really was me because a photo ID wasn't required of me. The person I was accompanying and assisting did have to produce one to enter the room set up for the teleconference link to the West Coast for the Federal Courtroom out there...but again, I must look like me because no one asked.

Are you sure you're really you?

Just saying.............

(Oddly...these weren't Federal Marshals running it either. They're a private firm. I chatted with one for awhile here and I've heard them talking to mention they're all Reserve/Guard MP's outside this job so that might be interesting to note for something?)

That is good to know, that was smart talking to them and finding out what you can.

Seriously tho, thanks for this tid bit of info.....glad you didn't run into any problems.
All that hoopla about the REAL ID crap and they didn't even check to see if you are, well you know, who you are.
But like you stated earlier, they did check your friend's ID.
Weird..... Sounds like they are more concerned about weapons IMO.

At least you'll know what to expect next time you go in there....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join