It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red flash falling from sky...sirens, etc. (What happened?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is my first initiated topic...but I really am inspired by some of tonights postings...

Not long ago...my wife and I were at a blockbuster in Atlanta. (Precisely, North Druid & Lavista Road).
Right when we were headed into blockbuster a huge flash (from what we both remember, it was red) lit up like an object in the air exploded. (NO NOISE!!! But it was a HUGE Flash...)
And right when it lit up it fell like a shooting start to the ground and quickly faded from site.
(With the size of the explosion it didnt seem that the object was that high...now I did not see anything though until the flash.)

My first thought was terror attack...(back when all the warnings I think were being given.)
Anyway, their seemed like almost immediately, out of no where helicopters coming from different directions to that area...(funny thing is you could hear the helicopters, but not the object nor the explosion that came from this object) and then sirens and fire trucks passing us going rather fast...and I thought about following all this, as I thought, "hey maybe something going on"...but I didnt.
Never saw anything like this before...makes me wonder about aircraft potentially flying around with cloaking devices, etc (as we didnt see anything before the flash)....and something went wrong with this.

Gods peace

dAlen

[edit on 28-10-2004 by dAlen]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
did you look in the papers for a few days after this happened?

any military bases nearby?

it sounds to me like they (fire/rescue and military) knew what was up. err... down.

it was probably a military plane, helicopter or UAV crash...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
See, that is what was so interesting...that very night i was searching the news websites for info on what may have happened...and not a thing!
Your right though, for the helicopters (more than just one) to pop out of nowhere right when it happened...they must have been trying out something and knew what was going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It was probably a flare, makes sense if there were sirens heard and everything else you saw. And i dont think flares do make a noise when they explode, so this is probably your best bet.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
...a flare is for lighting up the sky...if it was a flare, it was shot from in the sky and instantly went down like a shooting star...guess they could have sent one off accidentally...there was only this one though...(hense why all the helicopters going to that one location, etc.?)

[edit on 28-10-2004 by dAlen]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
its possible for an illumination flare

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm in Atlanta also, Roswell to be exact...isnt't North Druid Hills over in Mariatte(sp)? That would put you close the the Air Force Base over there. They always have stuff coming in and out of there.

On I side note I saw one of those F-22's being delivered two days ago. Flew right over my office. They're much larger than I expected them to be.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
N. Druid hills is close to Lenox Mall...
We do have an airport up clairmont road. (Airplanes flying non-stop it seems like over where i live.)
Whatever it was, most definitely it was not isolated...and the military for sure was involved.
Its one of those things you just dont see go off over shopping centers...thats what is wierd about it...
Where it landed I dont know...I wish now I had followed the firetrucks...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Roswell, Georgia. huh? Coincidence? You be the judge...

heh, I just HAD to say that!!

new topics

top topics

join