It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Taker At My Door?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I usually go the other way with this kind of stuff. I invite them in and see how long I can keep them there.
For a census taker the proper procedure is to have to "check your records" for every question asked. This involves just grabbing a notebook and going through the pages acting like you are looking for something and then read it to them. Bring out a calculator too.
How old are you?
hmmm, one sec. I need to check my records. How old would I be if I was born in Jan 1980?
33, are you 33?
Now I didn't say that, I was throwing a hypothetical out there, im sorry if I was not clear. Now what if I was born in 1984?

Just stretch every answer out as long as you can, make sure you get the census taker's name and include them in your answers. Count Mailmen and friends that come over too.

I do this for everyone and even the Jehovah witnesses don't come by anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just got the mail, in it was a large envelope from the census bureau with a good size box on the front of it that said The American Community Survey Form Enclosed YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW (don't ya just love that?)

There is no form in it , there is letter explaining that they're trying to gather as much information as possible though the internet . There is a card with a slightly different address ( respond.census.gov... ) but it says you will need information on the card in order to log on ,and there is a phone number if you have questions 1-800-354-7271 . Outside of that there is just a three page fold out with frequently asked questions .

I ain't loggin' on, I forgot to mention that it said if they don't hear from me in a few weeks they'll send a questionnaire, I think I'll wait for that .
edit on 1-2-2013 by thudpuddy because: forgot a word

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
oh joy of joys..i just got mine too
i wonder if they know that not everybody has access to the internet...well, i guess you could go to the library or something...and if our response was really required by law...wouldnt they send it registerd mail? how would they know if you got it?..and how much money is spent to send out the mailers before hand, then the actuall form and then to send people out to the law breaking citizens who dont answer the form???

and..i dont remember the american community survey is years previous? this is the first time i remember recieving...oh my..have i been breaking the law all these years

new topics

<< 1   >>

join