It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: illegal immigrant driver's licenses available in 10 months

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well, I guess if they hate you they'll hate me too. Seems to me it'd be the perfect time for the authorities to come in and get them, but that's something they'll won't do, too much like doing what they're paid to do I suppose.
Anyone that's here legally you're welcome here.

Really, I don't know how your standing it there either the weather alone would deter me, but you also have the double negatives,the Mayor and Gov.. But then where do you go that to a certain degree the Unequality of it all doesn't come into the foray?

Good luck there

edit on 28-1-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 28-1-2013 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Illinois is broke and has the worst crime rates in the country. (not to mention that it's the butt end of jokes about poltiicians and crime). So it's no surprise to me that they would continue further down into self destruction in this manner.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hope all of this talk of immigration reform will lead to talk about banking reform. The Federal Reserve prints money out of thin air, but if I do it I'm called "criminal" and "counterfeiter." I prefer the term "undocumented banker." If I could print my own money, it would increase my spending power and help the economy.

But if you really want to solve the undocumented immigrant problem, just accuse them of illegally downloading copyrighted music. Then watch law enforcement spring into action.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
IT"S NOT THEIR FAULT!

I don't mean to sound like an apologist, but honestly, how can you blame the Illegal immigrant for accepting the handouts that are given? Our system is so badly broken that this is the result. Perhaps if we had a budget surplus instead of a deficit. Perhaps if all the other problems were solved, there were no homeless families in our country, this would be acceptable. But that isn't the case.

Oh, and what part of ILLEGAL is misunderstood?

Time to clean house.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Perhaps we should put more assets on the borders so people can't sneak into this country anymore... I can only imagine the amount of money that goes to illegal immigrants on a yearly basis, it's gotta be staggering... And yes, bank reform and spending reform in the white house is necessary too, but thats another discussion/thread entirely...

If Illegals weren't here, we wouldn't even need these stupid laws... What worries me is that my state of Illinois is doing everything in its power to attract illegals to this state now... This is the beginning of the end. Now more will flock to IL. Means more gangs, more drugs, more public assistance. All this just to keep Democrats in power. They care little for this great country of ours.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This just kind of spits in the eye of anyone or anyone that has family that has immigrated the legal way.

I have a 78 year old great aunt, she taken the time to learn English, find work and fill out all needed paperwork and pay all the fees. Sure the job is with a small family business, and the family is helping with the fees and paperwork. But she still trying to do things the right way.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

Did you have uninsured motorist coverage?

I was about to point out the illegal immigrant drivers like you -- but you beat me to it. I think that would be the ONLY positive thing to come out of this.

By the way, is anyone here a legal immigrant that recieved USA citizenship? It's not as easy as taking a test and paying fees. My friend married a woman from Eastern Europe -- and because he did all the paperwork himself (couldn't afford a lawyer), just getting her K-5 Visa was a nightmare.

It's been several years, and she FINALLY got her citizenship. The paperwork you have to provide and the hoops you have to jump through are insane. It's no wonder people just say, "forget it, I'll just hop the border!"

Between stuff like this and it being illegal to unlock your phone...It just continutes and we all just sit and complain on the internet to each other -- preaching to the choir.

I really don't think I could justify bringing a child into the world anymore. No kids for me!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"This bill is not just about driver's licenses, it's about equality for all," said sponsoring Rep. Edward Acevedo, D-Chicago.

How much do you get paid Mr. Edward Acevedo? I should get the same checks too. You know, "equality for all." Are yah married too? I can sleep with your wife too right? You know, "equality for all." Remember how that BART police officer executed Oscar Grant in his handcuffs right on the spot a while ago? He got away with just 2 years in prison. Everyone should be able to commit murder and only get 2 years right? You know, "equality for all."

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All I wanna know is what other country on this planet has over 12 million illegal aliens .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Illinois is broke and has the worst crime rates in the country. (not to mention that it's the butt end of jokes about poltiicians and crime). So it's no surprise to me that they would continue further down into self destruction in this manner.

Chicago's fault.
&^&%$%#

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I don't think many people know about this yet....I'm kind of pissed...I mean what the heck is the ins for? If they can waltz right up and get drivers lic. Then why do we have to pay ins workers?.? This iß beyond dumb...I think California is going to do this too. Isn't there a bill in California that includes all payment for high Ed?
edit on 27-1-2013 by Neopan100 because: iPad

Well they can KMA the next time they ask for three forms of identification, they treat the citizens worse then the non citizens .
edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I doubt even 10% of the illegals sign up for this. Why would they jump through all the hoops, pay fees to obtain a DL and then pay for insurance when they are driving right now for free?

Add the fact that they want to stay unnoticed because of the whole Illegal immigrant dealio. Folks wont be jumping up and down to get a license and pay insurance. You can take that to the bank!

I hate this State, can't wait to move to Missouri.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If you visit a foreign country are you not allowed to drive until you obtain citizenship?
Overstaying a visa is not a capital offense, no matter how hard you try and make it into one.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by jhn7537

If you visit a foreign country are you not allowed to drive until you obtain citizenship?
Overstaying a visa is not a capital offense, no matter how hard you try and make it into one.

You rent a car, which means you need to have a license and you need to get renters insurance... And I never sneak into a country I'm visiting, and when i go to another country its for a brief vacation or work and then I return home. I dont stay there draining them of their resources...

Your above comment just makes zero sense... A lot of these people aren't just overstaying their visa's they are sneaking into a country without ever obtaining a visa. The majority come up through Mexico without any documentation...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyLucian
reply to post by jhn7537

The third quote you have there is the the reason for this and I wish it happened about 6 years ago. Illegal immigrants drive. They don't have insurance. In September of '06 I was hit in the passenger side while driving down Harlem in Orland Park. They were at fault, but I paid. And my insurance went up. They were uninsured because they had no license... because they were an illegal immigrant.

Say what you will about them being an illegal immigrant, but doing this potentially has numerous benefits. Among them properly insuring drivers and saving the insured from months and months of stupid insurance company BS.

Yes. They are required to pass a drivers test and must get insurance.

* The main goal of the legislation is to reduce the number of unlicensed drivers, an estimated 250,000 individuals, on state roads that pose a risk to all drivers.

* The governor commented, "This common sense law will help everybody, regardless of their background, learn the rules of the road, pass a driving test and get insurance. As a result, our roads will be safer, we will create more access to job opportunities and our economic growth will be strengthened."

* WGN reported that the Illinois Highway Safety Coalition estimates that unlicensed and uninsured drivers are involved in 80,000 accidents, causing $660 million in damages, in the state every year.

* If just half of the 250,000 individuals were properly insurance and licensed, Illinois auto insurance policy holders would save about $46 million collectively each year in premiums.

news.yahoo.com...

It doesn't effect thier "status"...that needs to be addressed through enforcement and immigration reform etc.

But if we can test and require insurance of these folks until that happens, it seems reasonable to me? BTW - A good number of GOP in Chicago got on board with this bill.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by jhn7537

You rent a car, which means you need to have a license and you need to get renters insurance... And I never sneak into a country I'm visiting, and when i go to another country its for a brief vacation or work and then I return home. I dont stay there draining them of their resources...

Your above comment just makes zero sense... A lot of these people aren't just overstaying their visa's they are sneaking into a country without ever obtaining a visa. The majority come up through Mexico without any documentation...

Draining them of their resources? Is that what you call picking fruit for 2 bucks an hour?
I call that feeding a strangers kids for free, just to escape poverty and injustice yourself.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sure, then why even have borders?? Why not just allow all immigrants to come freely into this country? What issues could possibly arise, right? Because if they're looking for a better life and trying to get away from the injustice of their own country they shouldn't have to go through the necessary legal channels, right?

If you read some of my earlier posts you would know that I'm all for immigrants coming to USA and making a better life for themselves and their family, but they NEED to do it the right way. They need to take the correct steps to get here. They shouldn't be catered to if they break federal laws by sneaking into this country... I'm not for caving to them, but it seems many of you are...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

OP- Where were you when the legislature passed this a couple weeks back?

Thankfully, you do have brother Illinoisian's who do watch what going on in Springfield FOR YOU. We made our voices heard, but apparently the OP and many of my other good neighbors are just now waking up to it. Maybe next time, speak up before they pass the law, not after??

I'm gonna guess you didn't know they tried taking the guns in the same session. That FAILED!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
PROOF

That when a vast majority break a law and make it impossible to enforce that eventually it will become legal.

Grab your seeds and copper stills and head for the hills, how can they stop us all?

At least Mexican food is by all mean enjoyable and some music isnt all that bad. At least gives an avenue of integration. You cant go to a Latino restruant without speaking a little spanish, however stupid a fake spanish accent sounds.

At least make them pay a special tax or something as to lube the anal reaming the rest of the country has to take for them to live as comfortably as they do. Honestly I`d prefer people from Mexico and western Canada to the rest of the world.
edit on 28-1-2013 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Oh I was drinking a bottle of Jameson in total depression over this... Unfortunately, in the state of Illinois, you really don't have a voice. Democrats in charge do as they please and they end of breaking some laws/taking kick-backs and they end up in jail... It's a vicious cycle we have here in Illinois, just ask our Governor's....
edit on 28-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join