It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: illegal immigrant driver's licenses available in 10 months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

This is going to sound like a troll post, but it is not meant to be.

What are you going to say when an illegal with a license runs into your car and doesn't have insurance?

I ask because I know a lot of people that simply have no insurance because they cannot afford it. I know that a large portion of my pay goes to pay for my insurance because I cover my mother and my neice on my policy (I don't want them to be without coverage).

What is the next step? Free insurance for illegals?

+ETA - I am in Michigan, so this law doesn't effect me at the moment. I recently had to get a license here. I had to have an original birth certificate, an original social security card, an out of state license, two pieces of mail, and a utility bill in my name to get a license. I joked with the lady that I didn't need that much proof to be president
Is this law simply going to GIVE a license to illegals? Wht is required of a citizen in the state to get a license?
edit on 28-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I KNOW you are not saying that there are not illegals on the government teat. I KNOW you are not making that claim.

There are plenty of illegal homeless people so don't go there. Maybe there are less illegals going hungry because being in the country illegaly is a disability and qualifies them for assistance faster.

ETA-

•A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.

•Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom (7 percent), India (19 percent), Canada (23 percent), and Korea (25 percent).

Immigrant use of Welfare Programs

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by resoe26

I KNOW you are not saying that there are not illegals on the government teat. I KNOW you are not making that claim.

There are plenty of illegal homeless people so don't go there. Maybe there are less illegals going hungry because being in the country illegaly is a disability and qualifies them for assistance faster.

ETA-

•A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.

I personally haven't seen any "Illegal" homeless people. At least here in Chicago.
(Don't know where you live so it may in fact be different)

--But don't forget there are plenty of able Americans that are on welfare as well. You can't just poing the finger and one group.
Didn't know this was YOUR land to make a decision.
Oh wait, you don't make the decisions. None of us do.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All of this has been the norm down here on the front lines.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

It is far different here in Detroit I assure you.

It's not my land you are right. Land shouldn't belong to anyone, but thats another matter. It is however my taxes that pay for these programs. However, that still doesn't give a person the right to decide how that money is spent.

I point no fingers. A fact is a fact, American citizens are hungry and homeless. There is no valid reason to put a non-citizen above them for assistance.

Please, do not make this a personal thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

It is far different here in Detroit I assure you.

It's not my land you are right. Land shouldn't belong to anyone, but thats another matter. It is however my taxes that pay for these programs. However, that still doesn't give a person the right to decide how that money is spent.

I point no fingers. A fact is a fact, American citizens are hungry and homeless. There is no valid reason to put a non-citizen above them for assistance.

Please, do not make this a personal thing.

Not personal at all. Civilized debate is smiled upon by me hermano.
-And I'm sure it is different in DETRIOT. Isnt' everyone there in a bad circumstance? Last I knew, Detroit was worse off than anyone.
-And your right, our taxes do go to these programs. I'm just saying these immigrants are certainly not the only ones abusing it. Our own American brethren have been doing it for some time now.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ok not sure if a response like this has been given but giving them a license is a very good idea. How many times do they get away from things because they aren't registered with the state, now when they have a license they can then be prosecuted then shipped off. Just wait for it to happen you will see it is a good thing because they are handing jurisdiction to the state over themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Okay..so hold up..

How are they getting a dL in the first place? When I go to get a license I have to have:

Photo ID
Notary signed copy of legal birth cert
Utility bill with my name and correct address

When I get car insurance:

Name
Address
SS# for credit check
DL #

So how exactly are they gonna waltz right into the DMV and get a license without a notary signed registered BC?
How are they going to get insurance without SS#--do they even have a legal credit report?

Do they just get to walk into DMV and say their name is Ben Jones? I mean come on..the DMV already treats americans like villians..like we are faking every piece of ID trying to get a license..

I just don't get it? How is this supposed to go down?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You ever have a stray cat show up at your house? If you keep feeding it..it will keep coming..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yep, Detroit is a giant cess pool, but it's home LoL

reply to post by vkturbo

Problem is there is no way to verify who they are. The state wanted to finegprint them for criminal checks, but that part was struck down (it would keep people from applying).

Myself, I believe that if a person can prove they are not a criminal and prove they have employment, there is no valid reason to not allow them full citizenship.

But we aren't doing that. We are allowing illegal immigrants the same rights as citizens, only we are eliminating any "roadblocks" that a citizen would face.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Wow, are you seriously calling him a racist?

Seems to be quite a reach.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Wow, are you seriously calling him a racist?

Seems to be quite a reach.

Oh I was just doing the same as him. You know, stereotyping thats all.
He seems to think all illegal immigrants are being fed the govt. spoonful. So I dropped in with the Okie stereotype. (and it was based on my own experience) But I know most okies are good folks. (Use to live in Tulsa) Cool place BTW. Besides the summer heat.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

No sterotypes involved....each and everyone of these criminals are taking funds in one way or another without paying in...

Since the topic is about driving.....who pays to maintain roads....see driving is a privlage we get as being citizens...we
Pay taxes to upkeep these roads....they do not pay taxes...so why should we pay for the wear and tear of the freeloaders

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by resoe26

No sterotypes involved....each and everyone of these criminals are taking funds in one way or another without paying in...

Since the topic is about driving.....who pays to maintain roads....see driving is a privlage we get as being citizens...we
Pay taxes to upkeep these roads....they do not pay taxes...so why should we pay for the wear and tear of the freeloaders

You think driving is a privalege, while I believe it is a right.
Driving is a RIGHT

But I see what you mean about taxes to keep up the roads.
But this can be solved very simple.
Grant any of these immigrants citizenship if....
1. They have a full time job
2. Can pass a written exam on US history
3. Have no felonies in thier country of birth or here in the US

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by resoe26

You think driving is a privalege, while I believe it is a right.
Driving is a RIGHT

But I see what you mean about taxes to keep up the roads.
But this can be solved very simple.
Grant any of these immigrants citizenship if....
1. They have a full time job
3. Have no felonies in thier country of birth or here in the US

Yes.
I wonder how employment opportunities might dwindle for some illegals when they are granted citizenship.
As citizens, they will find it necessary to pay taxes too.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

How many actual citizens would fail that requirement LoL

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Right or otherwise....they should have neither until they are not criminals..

Why grant them anything???

If any want to come here in a legal manner...i welcome them with open arms
the rest are breaking the law and should be granted a ride out of the country

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

ETA-

•Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom (7 percent), India (19 percent), Canada (23 percent), and Korea (25 percent).

Your sources are about legal immigrants...not illegal immigrants.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

How many actual citizens would fail that requirement LoL

Many!

My father was at one point in time an immigrant. He came here with a green card. Got his citizenship on my 16th bday. One of the requirements was to pass a US history written exam to which he got a 100% correct.
--Which brings me to the assumption that my Mexican born father knows more about the US than MANY American born citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join